• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 Free weekend, 3/30-4/3!

clav

Tried playing again.

Can't really play. Colors looked washed out or there's some sort of film grain or thing that makes things hard to see/identify objects.

I can't like it.

VeeP

Tried playing again.

Can't really play. Colors looked washed out or there's some sort of film grain or thing that makes things hard to see/identify objects.

I can't like it.

As someone said, there's a film grain filter in the settings. Turn it all the way off. There's also some options to reduce clutter on your HUD, etc.

So how do you play.... Every option in the menu shows, purchase titanfall 2 and clicking it only brings me to the PS store.

Edit: nvm, i had the patch downloaded but it wasn't installed for some reason.

Is this game more similar to CoD or Overwatch? (If the former, not my thing.)

it's like a blend of quake/halo and cod. Titans play completely differently to on foot however for this sequel they changed up titans to the point where they are not as fun and I vastly prefer the original.

Weird that the game is $30 on Origin but $60 on PSN. Guess they don't expect many PS4 players to be tempted by the free trial. Ain't no one buying this at full price.

Izuna

Banned
Posted my impressions in the OT ~~ won't here because you guys should be playing this trial for the Campaign. I dunno which mission they give you but I read they give you one of them (hopefully it's not the second mission because it's the main low point of it)

Posted my impressions in the OT ~~ won't here because you guys should be playing this trial for the Campaign. I dunno which mission they give you but I read they give you one of them (hopefully it's not the second mission because it's the main low point of it)

Said it a few times but whats the point of playing a later mission when it isnt in order? I'd rather just wait til I can play the full game.

Patrick S.

Banned
Downloading the trial both on PS4 and Xbox One to compare them to the PC version. In the time the Xbox has already donwloaded more than 5 gb, the PS4 has only downloaded 3 gb. Weren't downloads supposedly faster on PS4 than on Xbone?

Izuna

Banned
Said it a few times but whats the point of playing a later mission when it isnt in order? I'd rather just wait til I can play the full game.

If it's the first, it's fine as it's a great introduction to the Campaign.

The second ends on a low note and has legit the worst fight. So much that I never do it when I replay, I always use a speedrunner's skip.

Downloading the trial both on PS4 and Xbox One to compare them to the PC version. In the time the Xbox has already donwloaded more than 5 gb, the PS4 has only downloaded 3 gb. Weren't downloads supposedly faster on PS4 than on Xbone?

Where did you hear this?

PSN is so bad people have proxies running to get half of their normal speeds.

It's also unfair anyway to have downloads at the same time.

Great game. Try it y'all.

Also, best grappling hook:
BadVacantKingbird.gif

that looks very inefficient.

Patrick S.

Banned
Where did you hear this?

PSN is so bad people have proxies running to get half of their normal speeds.

It's also unfair anyway to have downloads at the same time.

I read here on Neogaf that PS4 games installed faster than Xbone games. I think it was in a thread about the Xbone UI. And, downloading a trial both on PS4 and Xbox One is unfair? Why? I'm just downloading this for comparison`s sake, I've already bought this on PC day one.

Tomash

It's "The Beacon", and it says in description that spoilers have been removed from the trial.

Izuna

Banned
I read here on Neogaf that PS4 games installed faster than Xbone games. I think it was in a thread about the Xbone UI. And, downloading a trial both on PS4 and Xbox One is unfair? Why? I'm just downloading this for comparison`s sake, I've already bought this on PC day one.

I mean, if you download at the same time, your systems are battling for bandwidth and it isn't going to be a fair share.

But yeah, from disc they install faster because they on Xbox it will download the patches at the same time.

From PSN vs XBL, the PS4 is INSANELY slow. No one gets their max connection from it. There's a lot of speculation on why but it's a bit of an issue.

It's "The Beacon", and it says in description that spoilers have been removed from the trial.

Ah, that's a good choice then.

I wonder how it removes spoilers (hah).

I think xbox has always had installation issues with games getting hung up, not d/ling at all on an OS level. I haven't used one in a while but there are a lot of issues that PS4 never usually had. Not much to do with speed though.

Mine says 83 hours left, assuming it will pick up speed later ... maybe.

VeeP

I think xbox has always had installation issues with games getting hung up, not d/ling at all on an OS level. I haven't used one in a while but there are a lot of issues that PS4 never usually had. Not much to do with speed though.

Mine says 83 hours left, assuming it will pick up speed later ... maybe.

Maybe try pauses and resuming the download? I've never had problems downloading games on my Xbox One, but that trick helps a lot on my PS4.

Izuna

Banned
Maybe try pauses and resuming the download? I've never had problems downloading games on my Xbox One, but that trick helps a lot on my PS4.

That doesn't make a difference on the Xbox One, but XBL does have intermittent issues.

Finished the campaign a couple days ago.

The "GOAT" and "AMAZING" praise is a bit hyperbole, but the campaign is definitely worth your time, and they picked a great level to play.

The multiplayer...I mean, I feel like as long as you like twitch shooters, you'll like this game. If you don't like twitch shooters, you won't. Kind of as simple as that. What it does it does very, very well.

Dylan

I only just upgraded to current gen hardware recently so I bought Overwatch, Battlefield 1, and Titanfall2 all at the same time.

Comparing the multiplayer for all three games, to me Titanfall 2 is definitely the most fun. It's the player movement that does it for me. Compared to Battlefield where half the time I'm crawling around like a slug, the ability to fly around the map in Titanfall 2 is such a great feeling.

MY ONE BEEF: This game is NOT called TF2. That's Team Fortress 2.

Titanfall 2 = TNF2.

Let's have some consistency people!

Really? I just did it and was a bit disappointed. Just wallrun after wallrun after wallrun...
Honestly, none of the levels have "godlike" platforming required of the player, but that level in particular does afford​ you quite a few opportunities for some interesting stuff. For example, ascending great heights sans the softball special. It's a good level to replay with the difficulty cranked up.

robotrock

Banned
Really? I just did it and was a bit disappointed. Just wallrun after wallrun after wallrun...

The game changes up pretty often anyways, levels vastly differ from eachother. If this specific one wasn't really your style, there might be other stuff in the game for you. But yeah you talk about wallrunning like its a bad thing lol, so you might not actually dig the rest of the game

I really had a lot of fun with that level specifically.

Drifters

I only just upgraded to current gen hardware recently so I bought Overwatch, Battlefield 1, and Titanfall2 all at the same time.

Comparing the multiplayer for all three games, to me Titanfall 2 is definitely the most fun. It's the player movement that does it for me. Compared to Battlefield where half the time I'm crawling around like a slug, the ability to fly around the map in Titanfall 2 is such a great feeling.

Titanfall 2 = TNF2.

TF2 had it's time, now it's TF2s time to shine. Not joking when I say that this joke is used on my work slack channel and it drives people insane.
TF2 GOAT!

clav

OK. I turned the film grain off.

Also Colony is a great map. Did much better than those TF2 maps. I still would like the original TF1 darker tone though as everything is too bright like someone decided to instagram filter the game.

My comment still stands about if the game brings more TF1 maps into the game, I'll reconsider.

I don't like players can model as Spectres in matches. I thought this game was about Pilots.

Atone13

I've been playing Colony 24/7 on and off most of the day now figuring all that time spent in TF1 would help and sure enough I've been having a blast with this game. Helps that I'm actually having really good close games where I'm doing much better then I usually do when I get into a new shooter at first. Feels like the titanfall I remember at least, fast, fun and addicting.

Time to step into the regular playlist to see the new maps!

Bracket

Titanfall 2 = TNF2.

Titanfall 2 = TiF2

-SG

I can definitely see why people like this game so much. I'm having fun with it, however, I'm definitely the type that enjoys slower paced MP more. I just can't seem to hold my own anymore. Must be getting old.

Samikaze

I think they're also handing out 2x XP as well for those that already own it.

I downloaded it again last night, not knowing this event was going on and found myself getting double XP all night and this morning. I don't have the season pass or any XP boosts or anything.

Zasa

Weird that the game is $30 on Origin but $60 on PSN. Guess they don't expect many PS4 players to be tempted by the free trial. Ain't no one buying this at full price.
It's actually been on sale for $30 on PSN since the trial started yesterday, deal ends the day the free trial ends btw.

Get it while it's hot

Top Bottom