• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall 2 Free weekend, 3/30-4/3!

Arrrammis

CurbCheck_02.gif

Get in here!

Titanfall 2 is releasing its third FREE update and is having a free weekend on PS4, Xbox one, and PC to celebrate!
Frontier News Network said:
With the launch of Colony Reborn we will also be kicking off another Free Trial weekend that will start on 3/30 and run through 4/3. We got some great feedback from the last trial so this time in addition to having access to full multiplayer, you can also play the Training Gauntlet and the single player mission The Beacon. After the trial the Training Gauntlet and The Beacon will remain free to play in perpetuity.
Blog post here

In addition, all multiplayer game modes will have double exp modifiers active for all players, so go nuts!

Angel City (first update) trailer
Live Fire (second update) trailer
Colony Reborn (Third update) trailer

Stand by for Titanfall.

Mikey Jr.

Awesome!

My friend is constantly asking me if it was worth buying this game. I HATE saying yes, because in Canada, games are $90+ dollars. And I don't want to be that guy that recommends a game they hate.

Finally they can try it themselves.

Play this game people! I might have some issue with the MP but it's a great game with one of the best FPS campaigns in a long, long time.

Jakoo

Such an excellent game and hopefully the people that give it a shot will end up buying it. The games impeccable gameplay and post-launch support model deserves support from every fan of the genre.

robotrock

Banned
Game owns.

Also glad to see them letting you play one of the better levels from the campaign. There is some godlike platforming in there.

Arrrammis

Hrm...can I use the free weekend to play the Single Player? I like what I heard about the campaign.

Once the weekend starts, you'll have access to the Gauntlet (tutorial/time trial area) and The Beacon single player mission, and will be able to play them even after the free weekend has ended even if you don't own the game.

I had fun with the single player but I wish they'd drop the progression aspects from multi. I played a few matches and just don't feel like going through the process of unlocking and leveling weapons and equipment. It's an obnoxious design when there's multiple yearly releases that do it.

Hope they discount it so I can pick it up for the campaign. Don't have any interest in the multiplayer but I gotta see what everyone is gushing over this SP for.

Gestault

That's really smart leaving training and first fifth solo mission as free playables for a demo even after the weekend event.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Absolutley amazing game.

If you haven't purchased this already, you're a terrible person.

End of story.

So is this dead on PC or what

It launched with the respectable numbers for the situation that it was in. However, the community was shrinking much faster than, for example, Black Ops 3 on Steam. At the moment you are either a full-time TF2 player or a scrub, you cannot have fun casually because the matchmaking is going to match you with experienced players. I find myself wanting to go back to BO3 on Steam rather than playing TF2 as a casual player.

Even if it was released at a different time, the story of this game's performance is rather complicated. Many games like R6 Siege had a worse launch, but they managed to build the community just fine. Respawn also failed to deliver proper content updates.

On paper, this game was supposed to have a modest launch but either grow or stabilize from that point.

thanks for the update

Keep listening to those people and you will just regurgitate their stupid opinions.

Top Bottom