• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South Park Season 21 |OT| 'member Self-Contained Episodes?

PillarEN

I just watched on the official website. Sound was fine. Maybe it's fixed now?

Episode itself. Just a few laughs from me. The surprise on the red head after the renovation probably got me the most.

Eric cutting any ties to the previous season hopefully means that the next shows just do their own thing if this season is meant to have self contained episodes.

Sub-par opener. Hopeful that now they can sort of restart seeing as Eric is no longer in a relationship.

Tagyhag

Episode was alright. I loved the Darryl and college bit.

And yeah, I'd LOVE for them to go back to the kid's adventures (remember fun with weapons? So damn good) because Matt and Trey just don't have the bite that they used to for political issues.

PaulBizkit

I'm such a sucker for south park. The episode started a bit slow (i don't know why) but it really picked up and I laughed a lot. Randy doing the same renovations all the time killed me.

I didn't feel cartman's gf was being annoying. It was weird, like we missed one episode before this (as a matter of fact, I watched last season's finale again and they seemed pretty ok).

Anyways, didn't know there was a thread for this season. SUBSCRIBED.

Coolluck

I'm such a sucker for south park. The episode started a bit slow (i don't know why) but it really picked up and I laughed a lot. Randy doing the same renovations all the time killed me.

I didn't feel cartman's gf was being annoying. It was weird, like we missed one episode before this (as a matter of fact, I watched last season's finale again and they seemed pretty ok).

Anyways, didn't know there was a thread for this season. SUBSCRIBED.

Cartman was gaslighting her like a piece of shit. There wasn't much to the story except to get past that arc from last season. We'll see if she plays into future stuff but I doubt it if they're trying to move away from serialization like people say.

I wasn't really feeling the episode and it sits in a weird place for me where the jokes aren't funny enough, and there's nothing poignant about it. I'll give it two more episodes to see if I'm feeling it but otherwise I'll drop the show. Oddly enough I'm still looking forward to The Fractured But Whole since Stick of Truth was so great.

zerotol

Banned
Episode 2 Put it Down

North Korea takes aim at South Park in an all-new episode titled “PUT IT DOWN”

When Tweek is caught in the middle of a petty conflict, it drives his relationship with Craig to the brink.

I'm not at all optimistic about this season... but I DO think the game will deliver.

I heard from one german video game journalist and big South Park fan that the Gamescom Presentation was horribly bad and everything that makes South Park special was missing there. No smart punchlines to his jokes, only bad cringe worthy toilet humor, so bad that he was ashamed to be there.

So don't get your hopes too much up... :/

Hope it was only a small bad gameplay passage. It was a little passage in a strip club where Cartman was dressed as a striper that was rubbing himself on the legs of old guys while he was farting at the same time.

The episode seemed okay, but nothing amazing. Kind of a missed opportunity given the premise.

And the premise was, I think, pretty great (white people "renovating" racism rather than ever acknowledging it or dealing with it in a meaningful way) but that really only gave us a few decent jokes.

-Using the rebel flag for everything.
-Randy tearing in to Daryl
-The last scene with the renovation

The Cartman relationship part was pretty legitimately infuriating, especially they scene where Heidi says "I love you." I thought it was kind of funny as an example of gaslighting, but there was no catharsis and I just wanted Cartman to get wrecked so badly.

I actually hope they don't end that storyline here, because I still wanna see him fucking burn.

dickroach

i totally missed the Tweak/Craig episode last season. I am behind on the South Park lore. hope I can keep up with this episode

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Always appreciate a Tweek appearance

That actually sounded like "New York Slave" by The Blood Brothers

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Endless excuses. Sounds like some certain people... hmmmm

Hahaha this is great

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Even PC Principal is tired of Cartman's shit.

"They have tiny little rice balls" Oh fuck

This is back to the sinister, mean-spirited days of old South Park and I’m kind of digging it. I’ve been wheezing all episode from laughing.

This bumper cart bit is one of the best gags in the last decade of the show.

Top Bottom