• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale gone gold ; final boss revealed

Dreweyes

Isn't there a rule in most competitive gaming leagues/tourneys (MLG, etc) that DLC characters are not allowed, or is it more circumcentral? I remember something about the DLC characters for Street Fighter X Tekken like MegaMan weren't allowed.

But yeah, beyond stoked for new characters!

Wow, out-of-nowhere DLC announcement... awesome.

Kat... also awesome.

Emmett... not so much. And I wish they'd get the Ryu announcement out of the way since he's "meh" too.

Still waiting for Lightning, Cloud, or Lammy...

Isn't there a rule in most competitive gaming leagues/tourneys (MLG, etc) that DLC characters are not allowed, or is it more circumcentral? I remember something about the DLC characters for Street Fighter X Tekken like MegaMan weren't allowed.

Maybe that's just for paid characters?

Megaman wasnt allowed because he was system exclusive. DLC characters are allowed as long as they are available (paid or unpaid) to all players.

DLC characters that are exclusive to consoles are banned. Megaman/Pacman are exclusive to the PS3 version of SFxT

B.O.O.M

Kat is from a game, where she has to bring the vanished portions of a town back together.

Emmet is from a game where he can build and battle with structures built from thin air.

Maybe she thinks he can help her rebuild the lost portions of Hekesville? Or perhaps she thinks he's the one making them disappear?

Maybe she thinks he kinda resembles a Nevi-posessed human, and attacks him without thinking? Or mis-understands his powers as a unique form of shifting?

It's actually a pairing with a few nice possibilities.

oh I like the nevi possessed human angle. Could be very interesting.

btkadams

is there hype at all for this in japan? does smash bros do well there? i haven't heard many people talking about it in canada, but i haven't really been hanging with many gamers lately.

I know it definitely isn't the reason why, but maybe the game is coming out later in Japan now is so that Kat comes on-disc? She'd bring in more Japan sales.

EDIT: whoa napalm and i had the same diea at the same time

Yay! This is the one game I want to buy all DLC for and the first one is free... haha. This just reaffirms how hard I will buy everything in this game. I'm hoping the pricing is reasonable though not like $2 per costume.

KalBalboa

Banned
Why Emmet?

Seriously? There are tons of better characters...

Well, if you're going to do freebies you might as well do these two. Neither are A list, but they're both pretty awesome in my book. They cater towards PS loyalists who might be on the fence and give people the incentive to buy early.

Higher profile characters, like Conner, Ryu, Scorpion, Cloud, Snake, could never be free, in my opinion. They'd also be game-sellers for some, so putting them out later will give the game an additional PR and sales boost.

KATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Maybe i'll go hard in this game just for Kat. Frame-data crunching mode.

Vysetron

Neo Member
Free DLC, wow. I'm honestly impressed, I didn't expect them to just drop two more characters like that. I really hope the game sells well enough that we can get more later on, paid or not.

I realize everyone here is excited for Kat, and with good reason, but is no one else excited to see what Superbot does with Emmet's B&B? I didn't play Starhawk, so maybe it's just not that interesting, but it sounds awesome and if anyone could make it play great it would be these guys.

KalBalboa

Banned
Free DLC, wow. I'm honestly impressed, I didn't expect them to just drop two more characters like that. I really hope the game sells well enough that we can get more later on, paid or not.

I realize everyone here is excited for Kat, and with good reason, but is no one else excited to see what Superbot does with Emmet's B&B? I didn't play Starhawk, so maybe it's just not that interesting, but it sounds awesome and if anyone could make it play great it would be these guys.

I hope his block move involves either him popping into a drop pod or a wall falling from the sky.

TheMink

Yours are great though :3

45min till lift off.

im looking at bruce's banner right now and all i can think is why didnt Superbot align it like this on their site??
Its not tooo flashy for those concerned about reading it on your smart phones. Simple and effective.

A.E Suggs

Hell I would have paid for kat but i'm glad she's free. I'm not complaining about emmet because he's free and i'd rather he be that than paid for. I think i'll main him after reading up on him he seems beastly.

Drencrom

Yours are great though :3

45min till lift off.

im looking at bruce's banner right now and all i can think is why didnt Superbot align it like this on their site??
Its not tooo flashy for those concerned about reading it on your smart phones. Simple and effective.

Sweet, can't wait to see the OT

Top Bottom