• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Just read this on another forum. Interesting theory.

The Y shaped legendary is a bird. Birds fly. Height. Y-Axis.
The X shaped legendary is a deer. A land mammal. Across. X-Axis.
A third one with a Z-shape might correspond to water, as in depth?

Grakl

Or maybe it'll just be a cube.

injurai

Banned

Oh thats plausible, I hope so.

What sort of european mythos would be good for an aquatic pokemon and the letter Z...

It's consistent with the Germanic god trilogy that I-forgot-their-pseudos proposed

New legendary dex numbers are #998 and #999?
http://m.ign.com/pokedex
Nah, dex numbers haven't been released yet. They're placeholders.

Even though the starters are probably going to come one after the other, in the order grass/fire/water, it's unknown whether there's gonna be another Victini situation that shifts everyone up again. And Xerneas and Yveltal are going to be somewhere the end, but it's unlikely that 200+ Pokemon are gonna be added this gen, lol. That's too crazy.

The Adder

Banned
Sadly, when I am on first playthrough for Diamond. I added him because I thought he were dark and electric whole time until I checked his bio. I was dumbfounded that he wasn't. Also other evidence that I thought they were inspired by Sphinx is that first form's name was Shinx, which is almost same name as Sphinx.

They are. It's just that Sphinxes are half humans/half lions and the Shinx-Luxray lines doesn't have any human. Which leaves lion.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I suspected that we are getting water related pokemon.

Luxray's line probably is largely based on the sphinx. But a sphinx is largely based around a lion.

They are. It's just that Sphinxes are half humans/half lions and the Shinx-Luxray lines doesn't have any human. Which leaves lion.

That's true. Here are other two evidences that might link Shinx's lines to Sphinx even more.

#1 Evidence

Orion correlation theory
The Orion correlation theory, as expounded by popular authors Graham Hancock and Robert Bauval,[21] is based on the proposed exact correlation of the three pyramids at Giza with the three stars ζ Ori, ε Ori and δ Ori, the stars forming Orion's Belt, in the relative positions occupied by these stars in 10500 BC. The authors argue that the geographic relationship of the Sphinx, the Giza pyramids and the Nile directly corresponds with Leo, Orion and the Milky Way respectively. Sometimes cited as an example of pseudoarchaeology, the theory is at variance with mainstream scholarship.

From wiki.

659px-403Shinx.png
Look at his ears and tail. Three stars.

#2 Evidence

a5pMU.png

Look at his front legs. I believed that it is a nice reference to Egyptian arm bracelets.

#3 Evidence

I noticed colors were egyptians. Black, gold and blue are common colors for mummy coffin and statues.

tutmask_wall_small.gif

ChaosXVI

I haven't played a Pokemon game since the original Silver...I just might have to get reacquainted with this franchise again, honestly I don't know why I ever stopped...I put over 100 hours into Silver and Red both.

hiryu64

But that doesn't even make sense, as the Z-axis also runs along the land. A bit of a stretch, I think. That said, the idea of the third legendary being water-based just makes sense.

Oh thats plausible, I hope so.

What sort of european mythos would be good for an aquatic pokemon and the letter Z...

Jörmungandr

I just had a idea about the X, Y and Z thing for axis! What if the use a X, Y and Z coordinate-system to hide a special place in every game where you can catch the Gen 6 equivalent of Mew or similar? I mean it like this, lets say for example you have Pokémon X and at one point you will solve a riddle that gives you X=26 as a answer. Then you connect to someone with Pokémon Y over the internet and get another riddle which lets say gives you Y=143 and then finally should they release Pokémon Z you get your third number, Z=58 which you can use to fly to these specific coordinates and discover a island in the sky or something along these lines or even a gateway to another universe where you face the special Pokémon.

Oh and these numbers would be randomly generated for each game so nobody can post it online and make it easier for others :p That was just a random idea I had but I think it would be nice and make people work together :)

And I wonder if I should use the Fennekin avatar I made though I'm sure people would react mildly odd to it...

I'm betting ~110-125 Pokemon this time out. Not enough to fill a region with them alone a la Black and White, but a healthy dollop.

Let's see...

-3 sets of 3-stage starters
-8 Legendaries (Two trios, the Mew-expy and another)
-3-stage bird
-2-stage rodent
-2-stage misc. Normal-type
-3-stage pseudo-Legendary
-Two-stage Water-type

All of these are pretty much a given, and we can extrapolate from there.

I like this; just a nice look at how the series has evolved visually over the years:

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.png

original.png

original.png

And now for Pokemon X and Pokemon Y:

iblSHtzytYCuxb.gif

untitled-159lnaw6.gif

untitled-160tjx76.gif

The battles look nothing but stunning :)

And looking at the .gifs above I think I figured out why they gave every Pokémon a "circle" under their feet even though we now pretty much have 3D battle arenas, think of what would happen if you use a water or rather fish-like Pokémon while you are in a forest for example... it would need such a circle :/

injurai

Banned
I suspected that we are getting water related pokemon.

That's true. Here are other two evidences that might link Shinx's lines to Sphinx even more.

#1 Evidence

#2 Evidence

#3 Evidence

My love for this line of pokemon skyrocketed just now.

I like this; just a nice look at how the series has evolved visually over the years:

original.jpg

And now for Pokemon X and Pokemon Y:

The battles look nothing but stunning :)

<3 thank you for this

Man, in that screen it looks like they could be on the exact same hardware. :(

EDIT: Of course, Gen 3 had terrible spritework, especially for the new Pokemon (Metagross, Lombre, Poochyena, Salamence, Torkoal, Milotic and more)

Yeah... Diamond/Pearl wasted all that extra power (lol) the DS gave them. In fact, they were quite redundant as new entries in the series (yes, I know about the Physical/Special split, and yes, I know about the inclusion of online play... I just think that Black/White could have been the first DS games in the series with those improvements included, and no one would have realized there was an entire transitive generation in there missing).

That said, at least they played well and were largely good games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom