• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB: Pokémon X and Y for 3DS (Coming October 2013 WW) - Lord Fennekin Ascends

Best starter?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, in that screen it looks like they could be on the exact same hardware. :(

EDIT: Of course, Gen 3 had terrible spritework, especially for the new Pokemon (Metagross, Lombre, Poochyena, Salamence, Torkoal, Milotic and more)

Hmm while I don't entirely disagree about the hardware the bottom screen still seems to have a higher resolution running internally and it seems less pixelated though that might be this blur over the image that causes it :/

injurai

Banned

Berordn

Yeah... Diamond/Pearl wasted all that extra power (lol) the DS gave them. In fact, they were quite redundant as new entries in the series (yes, I know about the Physical/Special split, and yes, I know about the inclusion of online play... I just think that Black/White could have been the first DS games in the series with those improvements included, and no one would have realized there was an entire transitive generation in there missing).

That said, at least they played well and were largely good games.

I remember my first reaction when playing Diamond was "This is really like Ruby but with crutches and slowdowns for online play." It wasn't until Platinum that it really seemed like we had started a new gen, and HG/SS were finally good looking.

B/W were nothing special for the DS, but it's really what they should've been from the start.

injurai

Banned
Already 100 pages.

Dat Pokemon Hype. I love it.

and still 10 months...
LLShC.gif

I remember my first reaction when playing Diamond was "This is really like Ruby but with crutches and slowdowns for online play." It wasn't until Platinum that it really seemed like we had started a new gen, and HG/SS were finally good looking.

B/W were nothing special for the DS, but it's really what they should've been from the start.

Platinum impressed me visually too; the Distortion World was the first time in a while that it felt like Game Freak was ready to take some risks. HeartGold/SoulSilver remain the visual pinnacle of the series so far from a purely artistic viewpoint, while the Black/White games were technically the most accomplished.
Having said all that, bring on X and Y :D

backlot

Man, in that screen it looks like they could be on the exact same hardware. :(

EDIT: Of course, Gen 3 had terrible spritework, especially for the new Pokemon (Metagross, Lombre, Poochyena, Salamence, Torkoal, Milotic and more)

To be fair neither of those are great images. They're both stretched and the gen 4 one is pretty blurry.

Berordn

Platinum impressed me visually too; the Distortion World was the first time in a while that it felt like Game Freak was ready to take some risks. HeartGold/SoulSilver remain the visual pinnacle of the series so far from a purely artistic viewpoint, while the Black/White games were technically the most accomplished.
Having said all that, bring on X and Y :D

Distortion world was pretty interesting, but I was upset that we didn't see more like that... Platinum was probably the most dramatic third version they've done to date though, so I appreciate it for that.

Korosenai

I really want to read the discussion and all of the new info that comes out, but id also love to somehow go into this game dark.

Ill probably go dark after I see the starters final evolutions, that way I know which one ill pick.

Atrarock

First things first

Ugh, so much wrong ITT.
Your avatar is too small, allow me to fix this...
iIIiq.png

This is amazing.

(And of course do away with all this friendly bullshit and make her a Gary/Silver type of rival)
First off, it's not BS, people can be super competitive with friends or nice people. Second, Blue is nothing but a bully, same for Silver and they're both push overs as well. Blue has nothing going for him besides being mean and pretty much nothing else while Silver had nothing at first and then had something with the Gold/Silver remakes. Wally, not sure, you more or less help him grow a bit with May/Brenden giving up halfway and not much else. Barry was on a huge sugar rush. I'm alright with Cheren, but I really liked Bianca.

She's someone a bunch can relate with striving to be as best as she can in an extremely tough world not knowing if there's something for her to really do but she fights anyway. The only negative was the rival battle music but it's not terrible but not my favorite either.

Hugh is one of my favorites, he isn't 1 dimensional/has a back story, and fights to be stronger not for himself, but for his little sister. He's one of the people who you know if more than a best friend, he's someone that you'll fight against anyone with, and even goes as far as socking someone in the face. Blue and Silver? Nothing but stereotypical, 1 dimensional bullies.

http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-163b4qfs.gif
All my Wesker

I'm happy they've finally made the transition to 3D, but sticking to the grid overworld movement, the flat environments, and the more static clunky-style of Stadium/Colosseum battle animations is still going to date the game.
My problem with those is the pacing of fights which Black/White really showed how the pacing should be, fast and smooth. I really hope this transitions well with this game myself =c

Distortion world was pretty interesting, but I was upset that we didn't see more like that... Platinum was probably the most dramatic third version they've done to date though, so I appreciate it for that.

It was; although if we want to count Black 2/White 2 as the 'third version,' then I suppose they would count as the most dramatic third ones ever :p

Jac_Solar

Is that the big boss of Nintendo? And he spoke the entire time in English, despite the fact that he's not very fluent -- I wonder how many presidents of multi-billion dollar companies would do that for a project like this.

He also seemed very humble and gracious/down to earth, which seems to typically be the opposite of people in such a position (In western countries atleast.)

I've heard that the job structure, and basic attitude towards jobs is totally different in Asian countries though.

Anyways, I wonder how many Pokemons there'll be in this game. How many Pokemons are there in total? Somewhere around 700, or is that number outdated? Modelling them all in 3D, along with adapting them all for all the gameplay systems/their own unique systems makes me think that there will certainly be far, far fewer than 700. Or?

I read somewhere that you had to capture like 500-900+ Pokemons in Pokepark to get a unique Pokemon or something -- is that totally wrong, or does that include several models with 50-100 different color variations each or something?

GIF of the year.

You'd also be pleased that I am still hunting this goddamn shiny Scraggy. I will have it before October!!!!

My shiny Scrafty is my pride and joy. He carried me through most of the PWT by himself :)

I wish you the best of luck in catching your query. Trust me; it'll be worth it in the end.

GAMERG0D said:
Scrafty is my favorite Pokemon.

You have excellent taste.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I've actually been wondering about N.

If you believe that the X and Y represent like, height and width, and are mathematical variables, than N fits right into that. Furthermore, there's his Puzzle Cube...a 3D object that was never explained properly in-game, but was hinted in concept art to have something inside of it.

@.@

Aggrotek

GIF of the year.

My shiny Scrafty is my pride and joy. He carried me through most of the PWT by himself :)

I wish you the best of luck in catching your query. Trust me; it'll be worth it in the end.

I refuse to hunt another Gen V pokemon. I want it to be the first shiny from this gen I get.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Man i really want a cute Fennikin avatar. Need to find a nice artwork for it.

I made this before, but I don't know if anybody is using it yet.

p26ll4g.png

T'Zariah

Banned
Is that the big boss of Nintendo? And he spoke the entire time in English, despite the fact that he's not very fluent -- I wonder how many presidents of multi-billion dollar companies would do that for a project like this.

He also seemed very humble and gracious/down to earth, which seems to typically be the opposite of people in such a position (In western countries atleast.)

I've heard that the job structure, and basic attitude towards jobs is totally different in Asian countries though.

Anyways, I wonder how many Pokemons there'll be in this game. How many Pokemons are there in total? Somewhere around 700, or is that number outdated? Modelling them all in 3D, along with adapting them all for all the gameplay systems/their own unique systems makes me think that there will certainly be far, far fewer than 700. Or?

I read somewhere that you had to capture like 500-900+ Pokemons in Pokepark to get a unique Pokemon or something -- is that totally wrong, or does that include several models with 50-100 different color variations each or something?
This is the same guy who WILLINGLY cut his salary in half because he felt that the 3DS' initial failure was his fault.

I'm not surprised at all.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
A mod approved avatar!!!!

You should use it yourself and join us. Give the Cyberpunk thread a rest ;)

I disembarked the Pokemon hype train circa Gold/Silver. Maybe X/Y will bring me back. Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom