• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

5 out of 6 competitive games since returning have been KOTH now.

Funny, the ones I win are ones where the team is nice and works together, and the ones I lose there's always somebody yelling and being toxic and berating the team the whole time. Hmmmm....I wonder if there's a correlation? ....nah, it's just coincidence.

Pooya

I've been playing Mercy since launch, people asking rez to be removed concern me, rez is part of her character and overall appeal.

They won't remove rez, don't worry. They said as much that Mercy means Rez. They're doing all of these reworks and creating brand new art and abilities just to keep rez in some way. It's just going to go through dozens more changes because this new PTR is still far too good.

AbaFadi

Banned
There are so many one trick syms in masters. actually scary. Only been playing for four hours in masters and i already confuse a what im seeing. I've never actually cared about one tricks prior to making it here but they do bring down the quality of games immensely. and then they're never in voice either. At least the dps are dependable for the most part.

Welcome to the worst rank in Overwatch.

Chance

Whats a 1 trick player btw?

I mainly use Mercy in mostly everything because good lord some supports players are pretty bad

A 1 trick is a player who can't contribute effectively on any other hero but their main. If Mercy's taken but you can be effective on another hero and help your team win, you're not a one-trick.

I can flex to supports that aren't Mercy or tanks or other DPSs, but if you want my A game, you want me on Tracer. If you want my A-, it's Mercy.

Attacking team has Bastion, Junkrat, Reaper as DPS.

Me: Guys I don't think Reinhardt is working.

Everybody else on team: No it's working, it's working.

Solidly back in Gold now. Sigh.

Talonz

There are so many one trick syms in masters. actually scary. Only been playing for four hours in masters and i already confuse a what im seeing. I've never actually cared about one tricks prior to making it here but they do bring down the quality of games immensely. and then they're never in voice either. At least the dps are dependable for the most part.

Failed One Trick Land

A 1 trick is a player who can't contribute effectively on any other hero but their main. If Mercy's taken but you can be effective on another hero and help your team win, you're not a one-trick.

I can flex to supports that aren't Mercy or tanks or other DPSs, but if you want my A game, you want me on Tracer. If you want my A-, it's Mercy.

I wish Zen had some kind of defensive measure.

"1 trick" is a dysphemism for someone who only plays one character.

Sounds like the people who locks one hero until we lose

Salarians

on attack with a Widow, a Hanzo, and a Torbjorn

despite this we almost take point a, except everyone jumps off before the meter fills

I, Mercy, am left alone with the meter at 98% and the entire enemy team teleporting in

ugh

Doomfist finally clicking.

I'm always getting him on mystery heroes. Holy shit it's so much fun now that his abilities feel like second nature.

3 DPS....and I have gold elims with Zenyatta.

:\

EDIT: I hate this game. First time it finally put me in Platinum to start with, and I go on a losing streak where I lose 10 out of 13 and get sent all the way back to Gold. It's fucking ridiculous.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Lol, someone asked me if I was hacking when playing Soldier. This isn't even a humble brag, my aim is fucking godawful since I've always played with a shit DPI and only recently switched it to be normal but years of using a terrible DPI has pretty much ruined my aim, and even in that game I missed sooo much, so it was pretty funny to be accused of cheating.

You'd think if you're in a group and don't join team chat, and make the only person not in the group solo heal, that you would at least play with a strategy and group up so the person that can't communicate with you can heal you all easier, instead of splitting up and running all over the map without any sort of semblance of game sense.

thought my game was shitting the bed but it was downloading the Windows 10 Fall Update in the background. i kept getting intermittent drops through my games.

Mfw the play (And POTG) that got me back into Masters was as Torbjorn getting a triple kill on Reaper. (He teleported infront of me and got rekt, got rezzed and got re-rekt, then Mercy popped ult and rezzed him again and he got ultra rekt).

I about died laughing, must be a sign to buy his golden gun.

Sounds like the people who locks one hero until we lose
Let me share another perspective: some people like to play one game deeply. You have people here who have a dozen or more characters they can play competently. That's how much they enjoy the game.

Another person might want to play Overwatch casually - maybe they play 3-4 other games alternating throughout the week. For that kind of person, they might only really know, and have time to get to know, one character. If you force them into another role, they will be bad at it, which is why they instalock.

Of course, some people are just selfish boners.

(Googles "dysphemism...")

Hm! Perfect word!
Thanks! =)
His defense measure is raw DPS. He has a pretty good shot at 1v1ing anything that jumps on him, even Tanks. If you're not actually putting in the damage with him, he's just kind of a worse Mercy.
I almost never beat Genji or Reaper if they get in on me. Is that my shortcoming?

Chance

Mfw the play (And POTG) that got me back into Masters was as Torbjorn getting a triple kill on Reaper. (He teleported infront of me and got rekt, got rezzed and got re-rekt, then Mercy popped ult and rezzed him again and he got ultra rekt).

I about died laughing, must be a sign to buy his golden gun.

Please tell me you saved that potg.

Talonz

3 DPS....and I have gold elims with Zenyatta.

:\

EDIT: I hate this game. First time it finally put me in Platinum to start with, and I go on a losing streak where I lose 10 out of 13 and get sent all the way back to Gold. It's fucking ridiculous.

I had gold elmins and heals as Zen earlier today. Pretty sad.

MG310

7 minutes to take the 2nd Hanamura point. Our Zarya stands at the front door firing into Mei/Orisa shields and occasionally getting walled in and killed for 5 of them

Let me share another perspective: some people like to play one game deeply. You have people here who have a dozen or more characters they can play competently. That's how much they enjoy the game.

Another person might want to play Overwatch casually - maybe they play 3-4 other games alternating throughout the week. For that kind of person, they might only really know, and have time to get to know, one character. If you force them into another role, they will be bad at it, which is why they instalock.

Honestly (Especially at Masters, hell maybe even Diamond), I feel you kind of are a hindrance to your team if you cannot play more than one character or role at a consistent skill level. Especially if you only play Offense or Defense characters (Or Off Meta heroes), I'll give a pass to a Tank or Support main, but the insta-lockers are almost always Genji or Tracer or Junkrat or Widow or some shit. I'd be happy even if they insta-locked Soldier or Reaper as they can fit multiple needs (Hitscan/self healing, or self healing/tank busting)

So many times my teams have been put in stupid situations because somebody either refused or simply couldnt play a hero we need (Usually a hit scan or a Reaper for tank melting duty), so one of our tanks or healers have to drop everything and try to pick up slack.

I flex every role and can safetly say I can play atleast 50% of the cast on Master level skill level. And I have met some high Masters/GMs who turn to utter shit if they can't play their precious Genji or Tracer, I'd much rather have a teammate on the same skill range as myself than a one trick player who can just get their face countered off and do nothing about it.

Did they not fix the SR system like they said they would? Because I've lost 25-30 SR every loss and only gained 20 SR every win tonight. It's really fucking annoying.

Please tell me you saved that potg.

Sadly not :(, for some reason the record function fucked up and recorded onward from that point instead of going backwards and catching everything and I didn't realize till after I stopped playing.

I always save my off meta character POTGs since they tend to be hilarious or salt inducing.

EDIT: Wait i forgot highlights is a thing...maybe its still there by some miracle

EDIT EDIT: Nope :(

Just got 17 for a win when I lost 29 in the previous loss.

Really thought they fixed this stupid shit, but I guess being a flex and switching to be what your team needs is frowned upon in competitive Overwatch.

Just got 17 for a win when I lost 29 in the previous loss.

Really thought they fixed this stupid shit, but I guess being a flex and switching to be what your team needs is frowned upon in competitive Overwatch.

SR is stupid. I have had matches where we were like 100+ below the other team and I did well and it was a drawn out overtime match and I only get like 10-15 SR (Despite losing 30ish for a loss), then had other matches that was an utter blowout against a lower team and I'll get like 35-40 SR

One time I actually got SR from a draw, I still have no idea how that happened.

SR is stupid. I have had matches where we were like 100+ below the other team and I did well and it was a drawn out overtime match and I only get like 10-15 SR (Despite losing 30ish for a loss), then had other matches that was an utter blowout against a lower team and I'll get like 35-40 SR

One time I actually got SR from a draw, I still have no idea how that happened.

Yeah, I don't understand the system at all. I played 10 games tonight, ended up going 5-5, and ended up 27 SR below where I started and lost my Platinum rank because of it. It has to be because I think 1 out of the 10 matches I played the same character the whole match. Somehow that translates to losing more SR if you lose and gaining less SR if you win. Who knows.

Thanks! =)

I almost never beat Genji or Reaper if they get in on me. Is that my shortcoming?

Naw, a Genji can wreck Zen if he can run his deflect/ dash after hitting you from behind with stars. And Reaper was easy until he got his vampire ability. Now he gets me over 50% of the time, usually with one health remaining. Sombra and Tracer can get me most of the time too, but it really depends how good the player is. If they're cocky or unskilled, they go down fast.

I had gold elmins and heals as Zen earlier today. Pretty sad.

I use 5 or so QP games to warm up. By the second game I'm getting 4 or 5 Gold/Silver medals. Of course "warm up" to me means getting on the point/ objective and trying to stay alive. Sweaty, but man, you are ready after those 5 games.

Finally had a team that defeated endless on normal.

Same as my previous long running team, Zen/Hanzo/Mccree/Torb. Door survived with like 3 bars.

U3Rhb5y.gif

I can finally call myself a pro torb.

This skin is really awesome, especially the hammer. Video of the match: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXySWNA0YZU

Torb is just too good. Outplaying Hogs and Genjis for days
in mystery heroes lol

I can finally call myself a pro torb.

This skin is really awesome, especially the hammer. Video of the match: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXySWNA0YZU

Torb is just too good. Outplaying Hogs and Genjis for days
in mystery heroes lol

I love that spot and the little overhanging platform on the left side outside the door on the last point (Its partially blocked by a tree/foilage too), I have gotten so many clutch Torb holds there.

Honestly (Especially at Masters, hell maybe even Diamond), I feel you kind of are a hindrance to your team if you cannot play more than one character or role at a consistent skill level. Especially if you only play Offense or Defense characters (Or Off Meta heroes), I'll give a pass to a Tank or Support main, but the insta-lockers are almost always Genji or Tracer or Junkrat or Widow or some shit. I'd be happy even if they insta-locked Soldier or Reaper as they can fit multiple needs (Hitscan/self healing, or self healing/tank busting)

So many times my teams have been put in stupid situations because somebody either refused or simply couldnt play a hero we need (Usually a hit scan or a Reaper for tank melting duty), so one of our tanks or healers have to drop everything and try to pick up slack.

I flex every role and can safetly say I can play atleast 50% of the cast on Master level skill level. And I have met some high Masters/GMs who turn to utter shit if they can't play their precious Genji or Tracer, I'd much rather have a teammate on the same skill range as myself than a one trick player who can just get their face countered off and do nothing about it.
I think all of this is true, haha. I used to OTP Roadhog, but I tried picking him this week and he just feels awful to play still. I hate the new D.va, too. I used to like her quite a bit. Right now I can enjoy Orisa, Zarya, and Zenyatta, and I think that's it from the entire OW cast.
Torb feels damn broken in Endless, in all 3 of my rounds with him on Hard I was popping ults like every 20-30 seconds.
Definitely.

Naw, a Genji can wreck Zen if he can run his deflect/ dash after hitting you from behind with stars. And Reaper was easy until he got his vampire ability. Now he gets me over 50% of the time, usually with one health remaining. Sombra and Tracer can get me most of the time too, but it really depends how good the player is. If they're cocky or unskilled, they go down fast.

That's crazy! I've never beaten a Reaper that gets in on me.

I thought GAF said dumb asses are diamond and below.

they are boosted above diamond

As much as I bag on him, he requires skill.
But the ability for him to snowball with momentum via chaining those dashes, being tricky to hit, deflect and having an incredibly strong ult mean that even my rare and mediocre Genji play has had moments where I've suddenly pulled a murder spree out of the bag.
Which in turn is probably why so many play as him, those few good moments one can have in a sea of inaccurate dealings seem to convince a lot of people they're good Genji players.

I do however still have a plenty of problems with how the high skill cap allows the really skilled Genji players to go to town in a way few other characters can match.

he is easy mode. only people who are bad and think overwatch in general is a high skill game think genji is hard

Top Bottom