• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Automotive Discussion Thread | OT3 | Playing with our sticks while petting Jaguars!

Pinewood

As for the Kia Stinger, I don't think it will do very well. Not only because the market has shifted towards CUV/SUVs nowadays, but also I don't think folks will care for another expensive Kia sedan (see Cadenza and K900 sales). I hardly even see their other sedans on the road (see tons of Hyundais though).

I see Optimas here pretty often, so I predict Stinger will sell well too.

Optimas have taken over BMWs in the "knob" segment so I expect the RWD Stinger to do especially well.

I looked into it as well and recording when not driving is just not worth the trouble unless you consistently park in dodgy areas of your city.

I just use a front one - Xiaomi Yi. Works fairly well in Michigan winters too (though it did refuse to stay charged on a couple of days when it was really cold).

I dont really live in a dodgey area. I do work with teens and I remember once my high school librarian had her car vandalized by an unknown student, but that's all in all rare I think...

I was leaning towards the A119, but these low end models down have parking mode, which I imagine is just a good peace of mind feature.

Apparently dual cams are a thing, but too expensive and Im unsure if its needed

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I see Optimas here pretty often, so I predict Stinger will sell well too.

Optimas have taken over BMWs in the "knob" segment so I expect the RWD Stinger to do especially well.

They have? An Optima is not an expensive Kia, nowhere close to any BMW. He's talking about Kias worth over $40K-$45K. Optimas can be had for like $21K with a few incentives, or $199 a month lease in the states.

The K900 and Cadenza don't sell shit, boltz is right. I also expect the Stinger to be pretty dead. Valiant effort, though. If they get lucky, maybe they'll take some sales from the 300 and Charger fans.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
They have? An Optima is not an expensive Kia, nowhere close to any BMW. He's talking about Kias worth over $40K-$45K. Optimas can be had for like $21K with a few incentives, or $199 a month lease in the states.

The K900 and Cadenza don't sell shit, boltz is right. I also expect the Stinger to be pretty dead. Valiant effort, though. If they get lucky, maybe they'll take some sales from the 300 and Charger fans.

Yeah I am not seeing the correlation. On the flipside my neighbor got a loaded optima and it is a bargain. It has literally every feature my "luxury" car has and is more capacious in some ways.

And if you're not a brand snob, a K900 is a stealth bargain. Basically a cheap 5/7 series hybrid with some cheaper cabin elements, for the price of a loaded 3 series. And boy will they flex over that msrp

paskowitz

Anybody know a good place to sell go kart track gift cards? I have $600 in Lehigh Valley GP gift cards I need to get rid of (no longer live in PA).

Argh. Im so lost on dash cams.

Should I get two Yi's and use one for rear and front?

Or should I get an A119 for the front and something super cheap for the back?

I want:

-Park mode
-Rear cam
-Front cam
-all those nice features like collision emergency record
-weather proof for canadian colds and heat

A dual cam seems much too expensive and poorly reviewed for the cheaper ones, unless this one is any good??

A119 seems reliable, but its expensive for it being just a front cam.

I dont think Id be comfortable driving without the cams set up first

KRaZyAmmo

Has anyone seen Aasbo's Toyota iM he's entering for Formula D?
Speedhunters - Aasbo Corolla iM
Larry_Chen_2017_Speedhunters_Aasbo_iM_03.jpg

Larry_Chen_2017_Speedhunters_Aasbo_iM_04.jpg

Larry_Chen_2017_Speedhunters_Aasbo_iM_43.jpg

Is it a good idea to sell a car on kijiji as opposed to a car dealer? My parents want to sell an 05 car but feel like they are being undersold

v1lla21

Argh. Im so lost on dash cams.

Should I get two Yi's and use one for rear and front?

Or should I get an A119 for the front and something super cheap for the back?

I want:

-Park mode
-Rear cam
-Front cam
-all those nice features like collision emergency record
-weather proof for canadian colds and heat

A dual cam seems much too expensive and poorly reviewed for the cheaper ones, unless this one is any good??

A119 seems reliable, but its expensive for it being just a front cam.

I dont think Id be comfortable driving without the cams set up first
I got a blackbox b40 118, works great and it's like 60 bucks on amazon right now. I don't know about rear cams as I don't run one.

sgjackson

there's a dealer close to me selling a new camaro ls 1le for 25k and i've never been so irritated about being a broke college student in my entire life.

ElyrionX

Need to change my car soon.

I am currently looking at the VW Golf GTI and weighing it against the Mercedes C200 Coupe. I've test driven both.

The GTI is such a great drive and handles really well. I've always wanted to own one and it's definitely more practical for city living/driving (which is probably all the driving my cars will do). Issue is, it's not clear whether the gearbox issue has been eradicated or not and it's a lot to pay for a VW. Golf R is out of the question since they don't bring them in anymore where I live.

On the other hand, the C200 looks amazing, has a great interior, has just enough power for city driving and is overall just pure luxury. The wife prefers this option as well. But the handling is nowhere near that of the GTI and it's not nearly as fun to drive.

What should I do?

v1lla21

What gearbox problem? First time hearing of this.
Eh it's really gonna depend on what your wife wants. If she's Okay with the gti I'd definitely go with it. Better to get a car that both are happy with than a car only one will enjoy.

Makki

I looked into it as well and recording when not driving is just not worth the trouble unless you consistently park in dodgy areas of your city.

I just use a front one - Xiaomi Yi. Works fairly well in Michigan winters too (though it did refuse to stay charged on a couple of days when it was really cold).

I also have a Yi in my car. Mine has a dead battery from the Florida heat, it lasted a month or two from new. The camera is permanently wired to a fuse that keeps it on all the time. My only gripe with it is that the license plates are not as clear as I would like them to be, but the thing is extremely cheap and records well at night.

sfedai0

Banned
Hmmm torn between getting a AP2 S2k again, a FR Miata, or the upcoming Civic Si. Problem is I really find both the Miata and Civic rear end unappealing.

I am currently looking at the VW Golf GTI and weighing it against the Mercedes C200 Coupe. I've test driven both.

The GTI is such a great drive and handles really well. I've always wanted to own one and it's definitely more practical for city living/driving (which is probably all the driving my cars will do). Issue is, it's not clear whether the gearbox issue has been eradicated or not and it's a lot to pay for a VW. Golf R is out of the question since they don't bring them in anymore where I live.

On the other hand, the C200 looks amazing, has a great interior, has just enough power for city driving and is overall just pure luxury. The wife prefers this option as well. But the handling is nowhere near that of the GTI and it's not nearly as fun to drive.

What should I do?

GTI.

Pinewood

Isnt that the point of a Kia, being the cheaper alternative? I bet the Stinger will be cheaper than similar BMWs and that will be enough.

Dont even know what the K900 and Cadenza are, as they arent available here. The Stinger wont certainly set the world on fire, but I reckon it will sell ok here, especially considering you cant get a 300/Charger/Challenger/Camaro here.

On another note, whats a good way to clean my windshield from the inside? It has some watermarks and could use a cleaning. Put some windshield fluid on a rag and scrub it away?

J-Rzez

So this Focus RS review really brought the car down from the stratosphere for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owBCy5g4a9w

Has there been any word on updates for the 2017 or 2018 models to fix some of the glaring issues outlined in this video? The RS to me looks amazing, albeit somewhat half baked currently.

What issues bother you the most there? Many of the things he and his buddy rag on are overblown. That video was created during the positive hype train, probably for views.

That said there are some issues, especially in a lot of the early production cycle, mostly found in European models and early NA.

I don't have a single issue with the car. Are there things I wish were better? Absolutely. But most of those would just jack the asking price up. As someone who loves WRC and thinks its the best racing series in the world, and someone who had Evos and WRXs, I knew what I was getting into. An econobox on roids with the larger percentage of its budget on performance. I'm weird, but that's part of its charm to me.

Will be interesting to see how the RS MKIV turns out since that focus was designed to have AWD at one point, and not just worked around like this one.

SliChillax

So this Focus RS review really brought the car down from the stratosphere for me:

Has there been any word on updates for the 2017 or 2018 models to fix some of the glaring issues outlined in this video? The RS to me looks amazing, albeit somewhat half baked currently.
I knew what video it was before I even opened it. I love this dude, I always agree with him. I drove a Focus RS before this review came out and I had the exact same thoughts. That flimsy accelerator pedal is simply laughable and killed my enjoyment. I was baffled, I couldn't understand how the car was so over hyped and no reviewers mentioned any of the issues. This guy always points out the small or big issues, no matter what. He's the only reviewer that has mentioned Audi using plastic dashboards instead of leather in the Q7 while every other reviewer makes the car sound like a damn Rolls Royce from the inside.

Many of the things he and his buddy rag on are overblown. That video was created during the positive hype train, probably for views.
Oh come on now

Lizardus

I have a 2016 Golf R that I've had since fall 2015. Only 10,000 Kms on it because I have a work vehicle so that takes off lot of mileage. Haven't done anything major to the R except the JB1 module which is just a plug-n-play unit and its pretty nice.

I am possibly thinking of trading it in for an RS3 when it comes here in Canada. Its too bad that the hatchback version isn't offered here but I'll have to make do with the sedan.

Later down the line, I'm also interested in a Ford Ranger, I've always loved small trucks and I'll be comparing the Ranger with Tacoma.
No GM or Dodge

Malvolio

What should I do?

Still blown away by the value of my 2016 GTI. Super high marks for practicality, interior quality and space and around town performance. I've got a manual and think it's almost as good as any Honda I've owned previously. Actually enjoyed the DSG as well, but my drive really doesn't require it so sticking with the manual was an easy choice as it's more fun for me on Autocross days. I've become very biased, but I don't see anything else in it's class that delivers more for the money than a GTI.

Pinewood

Still blown away by the value of my 2016 GTI. Super high marks for practicality, interior quality and space and around town performance. I've got a manual and think it's almost as good as any Honda I've owned previously. Actually enjoyed the DSG as well, but my drive really doesn't require it so sticking with the manual was an easy choice as it's more fun for me on Autocross days. I've become very biased, but I don't see anything else in it's class that delivers more for the money than a GTI.

You can probably deliver more with a F150

I'll show myself out, thank you

J-Rzez

Oh come on now

Come on is right. You can tell early on what's going down with the video. He's nitpicking a lot of nonsense. I own the car, have 7k miles on it. I chose it over a M2 I was looking at.

But he isn't realistic. First off the ride isn't nearly as bad as he leads on. Track mode is called track mode for a reason, and ford was smart enough that you can go standard valve dampening in Track mode if you wanted to. Second, its a amped up focus. Its built on a $14000 econobox car. What does one expect?

I'm fine with pointing out flaws, but overblowing them is not something I agree with.

Anyways, I hope the RS3 lives up to the hype. Ill be checking that out when it comes out as well. But its pricing is going to be too much I have a feeling. I added the RS3 to my list, waiting on the Supra as well. Then going to decide if ill go that route, or do the Ariel Atom. Which I'm sure savage geese will point out a windshield is an option, and there's no roof!

What issues bother you the most there? Many of the things he and his buddy rag on are overblown. That video was created during the positive hype train, probably for views.

That said there are some issues, especially in a lot of the early production cycle, mostly found in European models and early NA.

I don't have a single issue with the car. Are there things I wish were better? Absolutely. But most of those would just jack the asking price up. As someone who loves WRC and thinks its the best racing series in the world, and someone who had Evos and WRXs, I knew what I was getting into. An econobox on roids with the larger percentage of its budget on performance. I'm weird, but that's part of its charm to me.

Will be interesting to see how the RS MKIV turns out since that focus was designed to have AWD at one point, and not just worked around like this one.

I knew what video it was before I even opened it. I love this dude, I always agree with him. I drove a Focus RS before this review came out and I had the exact same thoughts. That flimsy accelerator pedal is simply laughable and killed my enjoyment. I was baffled, I couldn't understand how the car was so over hyped and no reviewers mentioned any of the issues. This guy always points out the small or big issues, no matter what. He's the only reviewer that has mentioned Audi using plastic dashboards instead of leather in the Q7 while every other reviewer makes the car sound like a damn Rolls Royce from the inside.

Oh come on now

Come on is right. You can tell early on what's going down with the video. He's nitpicking a lot of nonsense. I own the car, have 7k miles on it. I chose it over a M2 I was looking at.

But he isn't realistic. First off the ride isn't nearly as bad as he leads on. Track mode is called track mode for a reason, and ford was smart enough that you can go standard valve dampening in Track mode if you wanted to. Second, its a amped up focus. Its built on a $14000 econobox car. What does one expect?

I'm fine with pointing out flaws, but overblowing them is not something I agree with.

Anyways, I hope the RS3 lives up to the hype. Ill be checking that out when it comes out as well. But its pricing is going to be too much I have a feeling. I added the RS3 to my list, waiting on the Supra as well. Then going to decide if ill go that route, or do the Ariel Atom. Which I'm sure savage geese will point out a windshield is an option, and there's no roof!
The whole car just feels so slapped together, and the gas pedal is definitely one of the worst offenders. I get that it is based on a $14,000 econobox car, but they are selling it for almost $40k.

Also, the suspension tuning seems way off no matter what mode you are driving in. The guy has driven numerous sports cars all over the price range, and straight up said the RS rides like shit and has the worst dampening of any car he's ever driven.

After watching the review, which mentions things no other review does, all I can think to myself is why is this car so expensive? It has a pretty awesome engine, but what about everything else? If you compare it to the refinement and quality of the STi (not talking interior, but everything else), it doesn't seem like the RS stacks up.

Lastly, J-Rzez, thank you for your opinion. It's nice to have an actual RS owner in here because I am interested in the car and obviously you have more driving time in an RS than the guy in the review does. I am planning on picking up a new car early next year in the ~$40k range (probably an STi).

SliChillax

Second, its a amped up focus. Its built on a $14000 econobox car. What does one expect?

I am not paying 14,000 for it, am I? That's an awful excuse. I have driven the car, having shit damping and wobbly accelerator pedal are not nitpicks among many other stuff. The car is simply over hyped and over rated. The Mk2 RS was much more special.

Ash_69

What should I do?

Ah, keep us updated on the search. I'm besotted with the new Mercedes c class coupes. I wanted a c250d or c300 with airmatic but Mercedes UK seems to have very little in the way of coordination and finding me the car I want. I wanted to buy before the tax changes in April but doesn't seem realistic anymore.

My test drives left me completely sold but when spending that much money, I want the spec to be perfect.

I got a blackbox b40 118, works great and it's like 60 bucks on amazon right now. I don't know about rear cams as I don't run one.

Thanks dude.

OK, so, a fam member is looking for a first car... We'd like blind spot monitoring and it seems the Honda does it best since it even has a camera on the side mirror.

Which is the best car with this feature? Is it the EX?

Leather seats is also something desired, but it seems those only come in the premium (Touring) models.

I checked one out, and yes the interior is very very nice.

But Why only 4 doors now?

Malvolio

I checked one out, and yes the interior is very very nice.

But Why only 4 doors now?

Because it's cheaper for VW to offer less options. The same logic that manufacturers use to eliminate the manual transmission. The 3 door was more or less a requirement for me. Pretty thrilled I got mine when I did. As a taller driver, those bigger doors help eliminate nasty B pillar blind spots. That being said, now that I've driven it for a year, I think I'd deal with 5 doors if I had too. I still see it as a step ahead of the competition in the categories that matter most to me.

J-Rzez

The whole car just feels so slapped together, and the gas pedal is definitely one of the worst offenders. I get that it is based on a $14,000 econobox car, but they are selling it for almost $40k.

Also, the suspension tuning seems way off no matter what mode you are driving in. The guy has driven numerous sports cars all over the price range, and straight up said the RS rides like shit and has the worst dampening of any car he's ever driven.

After watching the review, which mentions things no other review does, all I can think to myself is why is this car so expensive? It has a pretty awesome engine, but what about everything else? If you compare it to the refinement and quality of the STi (not talking interior, but everything else), it doesn't seem like the RS stacks up.

Lastly, J-Rzez, thank you for your opinion. It's nice to have an actual RS owner in here because I am interested in the car and obviously you have more driving time in an RS than the guy in the review does. I am planning on picking up a new car early next year in the ~$40k range (probably an STi).

Its not just the motor, the steering is great despite being electric which is weird. The AWD in the car is one of the most trick and best out there. Transmission is superb. And launch control is fantastic in this. Drive it. Its better damped than my WRX and EVO were, and its better feeling all around than the STI as well. Drive it. The offender is the 19" wheels and tires when it comes to ride. I got aftermarket 18" and it feels better, no loss of handling as well.

I am not paying 14,000 for it, am I? That's an awful excuse. I have driven the car, having shit damping and wobbly accelerator pedal are not nitpicks among many other stuff. The car is simply over hyped and over rated. The Mk2 RS was much more special.

If by special, you mean inferior performance wise, sure. Its ride outside of track is better than the Evos, WRXs, and STI, I've owned them. I track my car and the pedal is a non-issue. You forget it wobbles. Overhyped and overrated? To you perhaps. Unfortunately you're opinion is in the minority aka AWD army kids. Many professionals and outlets completely disagree with you.

Chevy dealer I'm working with just told me there's a stop sale on all new Camaro's. Anybody know what's going on?

Not sure if this is nationwide or just this dealer but it's interesting to say the least. It's the first time I've heard of this.

ZOONAMI

Get a VW Golf R and flash the ECU through APR? I dunno that's what I would do if you are looking for a hot hatch.

J-Rzez

Get a VW Golf R and flash the ECU through APR? I dunno that's what I would do if you are looking for a hot hatch.

That's the other option if you want a softer ride and better feeling plastics. It'll just come at the cost of performance. It just didn't have the edge for me dynamics wise, and the boyish styling and gorgeous nitrous blue paint. :)

ZOONAMI

Dude I have a 2010 VW Tiguan manual with APR stage 1. Love it. Bought it for $10k a year ago with 55k miles. 260ish hp and 300lbs of torque. She goes. No problems whatsoever in 10k miles.

If you haven't done an APR flash, do it.

ZOONAMI

That's the other option if you want a softer ride and better feeling plastics. It'll just come at the cost of performance. It just didn't have the edge for me dynamics wise, and the boyish styling and gorgeous nitrous blue paint. :)

Eh with the APR you are looking at 350/350. Not losing much.

I guess you could do the same with an RS though...

golem

That dude is nitpicky as hell. Every car has comprimises and a hotted up econobox of course wont be a luxurious track weapon like that guy seems to expect. The Focus RS still seems like a great car if you understand what youre getting.

Its not just the motor, the steering is great despite being electric which is weird. The AWD in the car is one of the most trick and best out there. Transmission is superb. And launch control is fantastic in this. Drive it. Its better damped than my WRX and EVO were, and its better feeling all around than the STI as well. Drive it. The offender is the 19" wheels and tires when it comes to ride. I got aftermarket 18" and it feels better, no loss of handling as well.
I am definitely planning on test driving the RS before I decide what to buy. I've been daily driving a '17 WRX base trim since last June trying to figure out if I want to invest in a $40k AWD turbo and hang on to it for 8-10 years, and the answer is a resounding yes.

Malvolio

Dude I have a 2010 VW Tiguan manual with APR stage 1. Love it. Bought it for $10k a year ago with 55k miles. 260ish hp and 300lbs of torque. She goes. No problems whatsoever in 10k miles.

If you haven't done an APR flash, do it.

Cobb box is coming this summer. Absolutely plan on pushing this car a bit now that I'm convinced it's a keeper. I'm still thrilled with stock acceleration so any extra is a bonus.

boltz

What should I do?

It sounds like it's a matter of luxury vs fun. For me the luxury thing would wear off. And it's not like the GTI has a shabby interior, so I would go with the GTI.

Isnt that the point of a Kia, being the cheaper alternative? I bet the Stinger will be cheaper than similar BMWs and that will be enough.

Dont even know what the K900 and Cadenza are, as they arent available here. The Stinger wont certainly set the world on fire, but I reckon it will sell ok here, especially considering you cant get a 300/Charger/Challenger/Camaro here.

On another note, whats a good way to clean my windshield from the inside? It has some watermarks and could use a cleaning. Put some windshield fluid on a rag and scrub it away?

No doubt Kias are a good value proposition, but the US market has barely responded to their more upmarket offerings (the K900 and Cadenza). Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they are offering it, but we'll just have to see how they price the Stinger.

Thanks dude.

OK, so, a fam member is looking for a first car... We'd like blind spot monitoring and it seems the Honda does it best since it even has a camera on the side mirror.

Which is the best car with this feature? Is it the EX?

Leather seats is also something desired, but it seems those only come in the premium (Touring) models.

Honda's Lane watch thing is just a big gimmick to me - I've used it several times in my sister's CRV and I prefer the stick on blind spot mirrors in my car or the side view mirror blind spot indicators in our van. Lane watch only covers the right side (which is easy enough to clear with a turn of your head) and I couldn't get used to having to look down at the nav screen to clear my right side.

That dude is nitpicky as hell. Every car has comprimises and a hotted up econobox of course wont be a luxurious track weapon like that guy seems to expect. The Focus RS still seems like a great car if you understand what youre getting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oklm3mV6ThE

Another review where they talk a lot about the handling and ride of the RS. Again, the guy pretty much says the RS rides like shit, but on winding backroads is one of the fastest cars money can buy.
Both reviewers would rather have the Focus RS over a Golf R even though they both agree it rides like shit

It's sounding to me like the compromise is: you pay $40k for a car that has the handling performance of a Porsche 911 or GTR, but the tradeoff is that it's an unnecessarily rough ride.

Honda's Lane watch thing is just a big gimmick to me - I've used it several times in my sister's CRV and I prefer the stick on blind spot mirrors in my car or the side view mirror blind spot indicators in our van. Lane watch only covers the right side (which is easy enough to clear with a turn of your head) and I couldn't get used to having to look down at the nav screen to clear my right side.

Wow Im a sucker. I didnt even realize those things were blind spot mirrors. I think Ill invest in one myself!

Would you say the blind spot alert is more useful than the camera on the hondas?

v1lla21

As far as Golf R vs Focus RS I'd choose the Golf R everyday. I get that the RS is better performance wise but I'm someone who'd rather have a nicer interior and an overall better daily driver. You can tune if you want more power. Never gonna be as fun as an RS but it is what it is.

J-Rzez

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oklm3mV6ThE

Another review where they talk a lot about the handling and ride of the RS. Again, the guy pretty much says the RS rides like shit, but on winding backroads is one of the fastest cars money can buy.
Both reviewers would rather have the Focus RS over a Golf R even though they both agree it rides like shit

It's sounding to me like the compromise is: you pay $40k for a car that has the handling performance of a Porsche 911 or GTR, but the tradeoff is that it's an unnecessarily rough ride.

You've been driving a 17 WRX? The ride quality outside of track mode is better than that, I had a 15 WRX and it felt like the suspension bottomed out all the time. The RS is better damped than that. But track mode is track mode, and it really means track mode on the car. Fun fact is you can put it in track mode and put it into regular dampening.

It is the working mans 911 or GT-R. It has the steering, shifting, grip, dynamics, and good power. Just in a four door sport hatch. Clarkson said in articles its 2/3s of a GT-R for 1/3 the cost. He also said in the Grand Tour it has the most advanced AWD ever, which I don't know since I never drove a newer 911 or GT-R, but its pretty great compared to everything I drove, best in fact. It grips for days, you can feel those G's.

Its not for everyone remember. It has quirks you have to adapt to, like how it dives under power, or disables the rear under left foot braking I found out almost the hard way lol.

Super fun car. Drive one if possible, especially tuned like mine lol. The Golf R is a good option. The new civic type-r will be cool. And you have the STI refresh in the 2020 model year. By then we'll be on the RS Mk4 or soon on.

Hey how do you guys know so much about cars? How do you ride so many of them? Do you constantly trade? Are you guys rich?

Im new to cars :(

I had to buy one and am only now getting to know names and models more intimately.

KRaZyAmmo

Hey how do you guys know so much about cars? How do you ride so many of them? Do you constantly trade? Are you guys rich?

Im new to cars :(

I had to buy one and am only now getting to know names and models more intimately.

I knew cars from Gran Turismo and then I started to learn some from Speedhunters and then that went on to Japanese auto magazine like Options, Drift Tengoku, ect. That's where most of my JDM car knowledge comes from xP

GHG

Chevy dealer I'm working with just told me there's a stop sale on all new Camaro's. Anybody know what's going on?

Not sure if this is nationwide or just this dealer but it's interesting to say the least. It's the first time I've heard of this.

No idea but I called Chevy here in Dubai yesterday and they didn't mention anything like that at all. Having said that, it wouldn't be the first time a car reseller in Dubai just ignores the manufacturer considering the experience I had with BMW here and them ignoring the recall/extended warranty on the N63 engines hence I sold the car once the inevitable issues with the engine started popping up.

The new ZL1 arrives here in a month and I think I want one after watching motortrend's review. Put myself down on the list so I can test drive it as soon as it arrives in the country. Only thing I'm not sure about is the fact that the paint Chevy use on the needed Camaro's looks a bit... plasticy for lack of a better word. Also not sure about the 10(!) speed transmission. Anyway, I want to see it in the flesh and drive it before making a decision. I'd give my wife the Charger and sell her VW Tiguan if I ended up getting it. She drove the charger for the first time the other day and loved it, maybe a bit too much, so there's an opportunity for me to get something else if I want.

Fucking car reviews on YouTube turning my head. At this rate I'll be buying a new car every 6 months.

Top Bottom