• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Wii Game Announcement Coming (if it isn't NiGHTS, ONM gets banned)

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Sega have their Private Show thing in Japan around March/April don't they? Where they reveal their new games.

So it is the right timing for something like this. I'm still refusing to believe though.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Wii-Halo.jpg

chase

Would a new Nights game be built on the same engine? Could 3rd party devs wring that much power from the Wii?

Dizzy

Banned
Sorry to be pessimistic, but I don't see why people are so hyped for this. You know that Sega will screw it up and then you're just gonna spam neogaf with post after post of pure rage as you watch your once beloved franchise get lowered to the ranks of the recent Sonic games.

But the hype train will be fun while it lasts :)

Dizzy said:
Sorry to be pessimistic, but I don't see why people are so hyped for this. You know that Sega will screw it up and then you're just gonna spam neogaf with post after post of pure rage as you watch your once beloved franchise get lowered to the ranks of the recent Sonic games.

I doubt anybody is hyped. We're all just wasting time :(

fresquito

Dizzy said:

The most recent Sonic game is a good game.

momolicious said:
is the love for knights just nostalgia, or is the game really revolutionary at its time?

I actually think it's mostly people who haven't ever played the game, and just want it because the minority who have say it was good.

Normally i be here bashing ONM for some blunders they have done, but recently, they have been picking up some good ground, with last issue (or two issues ago) they announced MySims Wii and DS stuff, which was pretty sweet of them, and now, this news, depending on whats on next issue could make me happy to be buying their magazine again.

Looking past just NiGHTS here, if this ends up not being NiGHTS 2 and just the introduction of Saturn on the VC, does affordable downloadable versions of hard-to-find and tricky to emulate (let's not pretend "I can just get the ROM" isn't one of the main criticisms leveled at the VC) Saturn games like NiGHTS and Panzer Dragoon suddenly make the VC a killer app?

Linkup

Alpha_eX said:
You know, next month is April, this could be a very cruel April Fools joke from ONM...

Just like EGM announcing their april fools joke!... oh wait. I could careless about ONM, I want to find out about NGamer.

Alpha_eX

Linkup said:
Just like EGM announcing their april fools joke!... oh wait. I could careless about ONM, I want to find out about NGamer.
NGamer is quite reliable yes, why, do they have a similar story?

Linkup

Alpha_eX said:

They don't say they have a "world exclusive" like ONM, so maybe there the same game or they have some other game. Anyway, good to hear that NGamer is reliable.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Considering that it's April, and April Fool's falls under that month, this could be the biggest joke ever made.

Alpha_eX said:

Cause one actually has an exclusive the other is a lying piece of s*** that has absolutly nothing.

And yeah I am still pissed about the RE thing.

vasuba

Banned
Verano said:
Considering that it's April, and April Fool's falls under that month, this could be the biggest joke ever made.

The issue they are hyping the new info in is the May Issue so an april fools joke wouldnt work. thats why the current EGM had the april fools joke even though its only march it was april edition

Linkup

Verano said:

That would be pretty sad if both were annoucing their April fools joke as hype for their next mag, though I don't put it past ONM. Your killing my interest.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
One thing is sure is sure though, with Sega games selling so bad on next gen systems (Sonic, VF5 - and Virtua Tennis in Japan so far) it won't take long before Sega use Wii as their main platform. Which would make sooo much sense for this company. And with Nintendo promoting Sonic in their latest japanese Virtual Console ad, I think Sega is ready at last to come to that conclusion.

marc^o^ said:
One thing is sure is sure though, with Sega games selling so bad on next gen systems (Sonic, VF5 - and Virtua Tennis in Japan so far) it won't take long before Sega use Wii as their main platform. Which would make sooo much sense for this company. And with Nintendo promoting Sonic in their latest japanese Virtual Console ad, I think Sega is ready at last to come to that conclusion.

Just like the strong sales of Sega games on the GameCube made Sega refocus their development last gen and going into this one. Face it, Sega is a company built on the concept of putting square pegs in round holes.

Linkup

marc^o^ said:

wth, wrong thread

M3d10n

Why I do feel worried when I think that this might become reality, when I should be ecstatic instead?

Oh yeah, Sega's recent shenanigans, that's it.

Anyway, the chances of Saturn games in VC in less than one year from now are near zero. There are some things Nintendo must do before that becomes possible:

1) Add support for external USB storage devices (HDs and pen drives);
2) Allow VC games to be executed directly from removable media;
3) Increase the VC store servers' download speeds;
4) Improve the download interface: we need resume support, a download queue list and maybe background/idle downloading.

In terms of credibility, NGamer comes from NGC Magazine, which was the first magazine (I think) to say that Zelda would be playable on Wii. They said that back in January, were called liars for about 3 months, then the two SKUs were announced. They were slightly off, saying the Gamecube disc would just be Wii enabled, but that was a bit of a scoop.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
This is a sad sad sad April fools joke.

Just because it previews something for next month doesn't mean it's not an April fools joke THIS month. Considering the magazines reputation I wouldn't get my hopes up.

sp0rsk said:

But that makes no sense. It's like me sending you a Christmas card now. Even if it is a massve disappointment, like it's bound to be, they have to tie it in to space somehow. Surely they can't scoop so low as to make a joke 6 weeks or so early?

You're probably right :(

Linkup

sp0rsk said:

Just because it previews something for next month doesn't mean it's not an April fools joke THIS month. Considering the magazines reputation I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Hey we still have NGamer, unless your saying they are also doing an April fools joke.

BrodiemanTTR said:
How big were Saturn games anyway?

I think it varies widely. From 50mb to 500mb. Sega Rally is just over 400mb, Nights is 370mb, and PD is 400mb, anything good seems to be large.

Haunted

AniHawk said:
But ONM lasts all year.
zing!

sp0rsk said:

You might be right, but I'll still be flipping out... just in case.

c319f15e1e9a78f4b4dc098a6c6aa1.gif

Until I have the next issue in my hands, I'm not believing.

(edit: i swear this post was not directly above my other one when i made it....)

Top Bottom