• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Wii Game Announcement Coming (if it isn't NiGHTS, ONM gets banned)

Guzim

Olivier said:
Nevar forget.

rewii4xhqu3.jpg
What ended up being the game?

Yeah I'm pretty sure that ended up0 being Umbrella Chronicles...the only reason they used Leon was because he was from the most recent RE game

Chemo

Sgt. Killjoy said:
what was it

EDIT: Bomberman? wtf
Yeah. The cop-out was something like "we used the silhouette to signify that it could be anything, and weren't specifically referring to Leon or Resident Evil by using it."

I don't remember the exact quote, but it was total bullshit. And here we are with four pages of people buying into it again. XD

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
MasterMFauli said:
The Nights-character looks absolutely horrible >_<
I saw videos of the game...looks nice, but, dear god, change the character-designer.

MasterMFauli said:
Yoshi ftw.
Best Nintendo-character, easily.

Give him his own ,epic action-adventure, finally"
Dramatic story, gigantic openarea world, render-cutscenes and better controls than in Mario Sunshine (controls have been horrible there).

Call the game "Kuroyoshi no Fukushuu" and give at least a +12 rating.

Oh shut up, would you? At least leave this thread alone =(

(Im in the Virtual Console Boat, but still have hopes for the real thing. Nights Wii omg)

This is the same ONM that wrote a review of the Japanese version of Tingle RPG claiming it was in English and coming out this month, only to have NOE say they have no clue if Tingle RPG is coming out in Europe at all?

ONM should be treated like an IGN editor's blog.

Mudhoney

Even if it was just a VC version, isn't that still big news that a Sega Saturn game is coming? Or was it known that Sega Saturn games would show up before this?

seat

Obviously NiGHTS, no doubt about it. This is a good thing.
MasterMFauli said:
The Nights-character looks absolutely horrible >_<
I saw videos of the game...looks nice, but, dear god, change the character-designer.
This is either a joke post or you know nothing about character design.

seat said:
This is either a joke post or you know nothing about character design.

You love the character-design of Rare-games as well, right?
There was a really nice picture that showed how Rare creates new characters,...maybe someone could post it :D

BrandNew said:
I thought it was Umbrella Chronicles, but they realized they weren't allowed to report on it I think.

Indeed it was. These things happen sometimes -- even if, at the time of going to press, the article is set in steel, things can go wrong. With monthly magazines the lead time is so long that these things do happen.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
1) Anouncements of anouncements blow
2) ONM BLOWS
3) 1+2 = SUICIDE
4) This isn't even new news. It was posted here yesterday.

Olivier

Sgt. Killjoy said:
but it did end up being RE4 right?

Heck no, in fact that was last year. Of course everybody thought they were going to reveal RE for the Wii but ONM claimed it was foolish to think so, that the shape could mean anything, etc.

A friend of mine just texted with the message: NIGHTS WII CONFIRMED, SEE GAF :lol

But seriously, as much of a diehard, card carrying fan of NiGHTS I am...

GoldenEye 007 said:
I'll believe it when I see it.

... and considering that Sonic Team jumped the shark years ago, I'm really afraid what we might get if there is indeed a NiGHTS sequel.

I also think its probably just a SMG advert.

MasterMFauli said:
Thank you very much, Stormbringer ^^
And see, the Nights-character looks even worse

I hope a series of extremely bad yet not life threatening circumstances occurs against you, one after another in a continual succession of pain and loss and sadness until culiminating in a crescendo of suffering so bad that you will wish for your own demise, but instead of that wish being granted, you will instead see your greatest hope and dream shatter into a million pieces before being relagated to the garbage heap of humanity.

or

YOU'RE a stupid character design.

For what it's worth, and I don't know if it's been mentioned, NGamer, a rival UK magazine in the UK, has a big picture of space, focusing on Earth, as it's teaser image for a first reveal of a game next month (I think it's March 30thish it's out). If scans are OK for that I'll post it, see if GAF can figure that out.

NEVER EVER TRUST THIS MAGAZINE. As others have posted don't forget the RE4 pic.

Next month we will an exclusive on Mario Party and they will say that we were stupid to assume that the space image had anything to do with Nights, it was just an image of space that they liked as a background.

Do not believe this.

Bufbaf said:
armimgeistavatobi.jpg

surrealism ftw

That´s the famous "Arm im Geist"-character from www.ArmimGeist.de.vu , together with the mask of a Naruto-character.

Segata Sanshiro said:
I hope a series of extremely bad yet not life threatening circumstances occurs against you, one after another in a continual succession of pain and loss and sadness until culiminating in a crescendo of suffering so bad that you will wish for your own demise, but instead of that wish being granted, you will instead see your greatest hope and dream shatter into a million pieces before being relagated to the garbage heap of humanity.

or

YOU'RE a stupid character design.

Lol, what :lol

jvalioli

TheGreatDave said:
For what it's worth, and I don't know if it's been mentioned, NGamer, a rival UK magazine in the UK, has a big picture of space, focusing on Earth, as it's teaser image for a first reveal of a game next month (I think it's March 30thish it's out). If scans are OK for that I'll post it, see if GAF can figure that out.
Interesting. ONM redeemed? Probably not, but this has more credibility now.

jvalioli said:
Interesting. ONM redeemed? Probably not, but this has more credibility now.

Just because I can't imagine a reason why it'd be a problem:

DSC00961.jpg

Sorry for the shitty quality, but there's no pattern in the stars or anything. Note the subtle "The picture's a hint" :lol

MiamiWesker said:
NEVER EVER TRUST THIS MAGAZINE. As others have posted don't forget the RE4 pic.

Next month we will an exclusive on Mario Party and they will say that we were stupid to assume that the space image had anything to do with Nights, it was just an image of space that they liked as a background.

Do not believe this.

neogaf1.gif

(i hear you but i would love it if it was a new nights wii game)

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
After all this time it seems wrong to actually expect NiGHTS to return.

If this doesn't pan out, ONM should be banned for good.

luffeN

here are the review scores for the games in ONM

* Heatseeker - 87%
* Eledees - 82%
* SSX Blur - 88%
* Blazing Angels - 70%
* Tiger Woods 07 - 55%
* Metal Slug Anthology - 82%
* Mercury Meltdown Revolution - 81%
* The Godfather: Blackhand Edition - 80%

and
if you would be so kind click here cause thats where i posted them originally :/

Saoh said:
remember when ONM said that the base of the Wii would work as a battery?

yeah.

exactly. TY.

And for forty seventh time I'll remind everyone that ONM never said it would have an RE exclusive in the next issue. It was a 30-word piece in the 'Not' section of a Hot Or Not column saying that a big exclusive for that month had fallen through, hence it was a 'Not'.
There was an image of Leon next to it, thus implying that the exclusive in question was RE-based. The piece did not say that the exclusive would be in the next issue.

To this day I find it astounding how so many people jumped on the bandwagon of one person who couldn't read plain English.

PowerSmell said:
That doesn't look very NiGHTS at all, more like Mario Galaxy.

@ONM:
snap044.jpg

That's what I thought, but Mario Galaxy is listed under the text as being in the magazine. And it wouldn't be a "reveal" would it?

Twilight Rockstar said:
And for forty seventh time I'll remind everyone that ONM never said it would have an RE exclusive in the next issue. It was a 30-word piece in the 'Not' section of a Hot Or Not column saying that a big exclusive for that month had fallen through, hence it was a 'Not'.
There was an image of Leon next to it, thus implying that the exclusive in question was RE-based. The piece did not say that the exclusive would be in the next issue.

To this day I find it astounding how so many people jumped on the bandwagon of one person who couldn't read plain English.

If it isn't NIGHTS, say no. Otherwise, I'll get the beer.

TheGreatDave said:

DSC00961.jpg

Sorry for the shitty quality, but there's no pattern in the stars or anything. Note the subtle "The picture's a hint" :lol
I would like Earthbound.

NiGHTS is from '96

Earthbound is from '95

It's either one. Most likely NiGHTS, but with your pic I lean toward Earthbound.

TheGreatDave said:

DSC00961.jpg

Is that even the same page?

TheGreatDave said:
That's what I thought, but Mario Galaxy is listed under the text as being in the magazine. And it wouldn't be a "reveal" would it?

No it wouldn't... so what other classic series could it represent?

I was actually playing NiGHTS a few hours before reading this thread.

PowerSmell said:
No it wouldn't... so what other classic series could it represent?

I was actually playing NiGHTS a few hours before reading this thread.

At this point, it's safe to say it's clearly a Mass Effect port.

Top Bottom