• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay/Pre-Launch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Can you counter switch during normal or command grab animations or do you have to wait until it's over because they're cinematic?

yup I love those repulsor ray combos, im surprised enzo hasnt been more hype about it. I guess his avatar is just a front :3
I'm pretty excited, but I've mostly stopped watching gameplay pretty much and haven't played the demo since it came out. I just want it in my hands.

*remembers Enzo's hours played in MvC3*

In other news, this game has surpassed my DBFZ hype. Dormammu looks swell, and they did a fantastic job recreating Jedah. The fresh take on the Marvel formula is bound to be exciting.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
*remembers Enzo's hours played in MvC3*

In other news, this game has surpassed my DBFZ hype. Dormammu looks swell, and they did a fantastic job recreating Jedah. The fresh take on the Marvel formula is bound to be exciting.
Hey I own the being-a-casual-thing now!

Starting my PhD now and it's hard enough to find time to work on the OT, I don't know how I'll find time to play the actual game when it comes out D;

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Hey I own the being-a-casual-thing now!

Starting my PhD now and it's hard enough to find time to work on the OT, I don't know how I'll find time to play the actual game when it comes out D;

It's okay, you can join us in the "Doesn't actually play the game" corner!

EDIT: Menat will be Capcom DLC, book it.

Menat? Why? She's not even in SFV yet. Unless she's a massive success I don't see her or any of the S2 SFV characters making it into Infinite in any season.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Menat? Why? She's not even in SFV yet. Unless she's a massive success I don't see her or any of the S2 SFV characters making it into Infinite in any season.
I'm joking. We ain't even seen her yet.

Goodness knows that if any SFV newcomer belongs in this, it's Laura Rashid.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
It just came out of nowhere and I thought you were serious. Especially since you edited it in.
Came out of nowhere cause she's being revealed in a few hours and I edited it in to not double post. I should have added a :p or something to make it clear I wasn't actually serious.

I shoulder post while half asleep

vala

This should be the last character of the dlc:
maxresdefault.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So SF5 will have 12 additional characters since launch when Season 2 is done right?

So that makes it...28 characters? That's much healthier for a SF game.

Wonder if Marvel will look the same 1 year later.

So SF5 will have 12 additional characters since launch when Season 2 is done right?

So that makes it...28 characters? That's much healthier for a SF game.

Wonder if Marvel will look the same 1 year later.
8 characters per year would be a good call for this game IMO.

2 characters every 3 months.

Neoxon

8 characters per year would be a good call for this game IMO.

2 characters every 3 months.
Also consider that Capcom will likely have Fox characters available to them after Season 1. With that in mind & their UMvC3 assets being available, a pair of characters every other month isn't out of the question. Even if it's just Wolverine, Deadpool, & Doom to start with, that'd still make up 3 of the 4 Marvel characters of Season 2 if you do 8 per year.

DR2K

Banned
all the stones seem OP.

Revival is the only one that gives you 2 characters. Which is pretty big in a 2v2 game where tag switching is almost in every single combo and set up. The other stones are just cute combo video fodder in comparison.

Neoxon

How do you price returning characters as DLC? Keep in mind they'll be retooled slightly at least.
They'll probably be the same price as newcomers. In Smash 4's case, they cost less than the newcomers. SFV charges the same for veterans & newcomers alike, but the every character is made from scratch anyway.

How is Arthur looking on this? He's the only one from my main MVC3 team who has made it in.
I'm thinking of pairing him with Haggar or Jedah probably.

So, does someone remember one leak where it talked about Miles Edgeworth, Cyclops and one Infinity stone?

Has the leak been debunked or not, now that we know how the stone/gem works? (Don't remember exactly what it was and which of the stones did the leaker talked about)

Neoxon

Does Disney Marvel have the rights to Taskmaster. He was my main in the last game. I would love to see him back.
I think Marvel got the movie rights to Taskmaster back somewhat recently, probably around the time of writing the Deadpool movie. I remember mention of his rights originally being with Fox, but they eventually reverted back to Marvel. I could be mistaken, though.

Either way, it's more of who Marvel Entertainment permits Capcom to use. For example, despite his rights being at Fox, Marvel Entertainment had no issue with letting Lego Marvel 2 use Kang the Conquerer (though to be fair, he's also been used in Avengers Assemble).

NotLiquid

So we've speculated about characters looking better in their transition from MvC3 to MvCI - any ones that look like they're going to look worse or at least not benefit from the transition in mechanics?

I'm still curious if Ryu is going to work out or if he's forever lost in the VS haze.

Keits

Developer
I'm still curious if Ryu is going to work out or if he's forever lost in the VS haze.

Ryu has a great toolset for this game. I'd be shocked if he isn't very strong (thought I think most of the cast is probably between very strong and ridiculously strong).

- Slow moving projectile (tag behind this to get in and mix up)
- Multihitting lockdown special that advances (tag behind this for a couple mixups)
- Meterless invulnerable move (very few characters have this, tag behind this to make it safe or even get a combo)
- Grounded overhead (tag into ryu for hard to see mixups)
- Meterless beam for clearing out enemy zoning (charge up time on this is fairly quick, pretty usable)
- Quick beam super for punishing bad tags (tag behind this to get more damage from your happy birthday)

He probably works well most of the infinity stones as well. Seems like a versatile teammate to just about anyone.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
So, does someone remember one leak where it talked about Miles Edgeworth, Cyclops and one Infinity stone?

Has the leak been debunked or not, now that we know how the stone/gem works? (Don't remember exactly what it was and which of the stones did the leaker talked about)
All leaks are fake except Ryce's (which was incomplete) and the .Zip leak.

Can you counter switch during normal or command grab animations or do you have to wait until it's over because they're cinematic?
For command grabs, in videos folks were switching during the start-up so that the character was already on screen. IIRC, in the demo if you didn't do that, you had to wait until after.

JeTmAn81

Has there been any testing of Haggar lariats defensive effectiveness in this? Invincibility was godlike in 3. Also I'm wondering if you can get a tag combo off a lariat hit.

Skab

PPKK has nothing to do with it.

His two sheild throws in air are the same as they are on the ground. Forward, and diagonal up.

The diagonal up one in the air (which seems useless considering it's steep angle) could have very easily been changed to be diagonal down, but they chose not to. That's a deliberate choice and not a control restraint.

Has there been any testing of Haggar lariats defensive effectiveness in this? Invincibility was godlike in 3. Also I'm wondering if you can get a tag combo off a lariat hit.

Considering how lenient the tag system is, there's a good chance you could convert Lariat into a tag combo fairly easily.

Durden77

Man all the time I'm thinking of exciting shit to try in this game. Like, I can't wait to try Haggar, and see how the active switch system effects a grappler like him in Marvel. The ability to make his grabs safe if whiffed, and the ability to combo off of them ect.

Man, I'm full on hype. Have a feeling this game's systems are going to make it possible for so much of the cast to be viable.

Skyridge

Neo Member
I really hope there's a good amount of audio mods for the PC version. So many of the voices are terrible compared to their UMvC3 versions (looking at you, Firebrand and Ghost Rider. Dormammu isn't as bad, but still inferior).

I also want someone to make a mod replacing X's voice with clips from X8, MHX, and CM. I always thought that VA was great for X.

Also, bring back the original MvC3 (not Ultimate) victory music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom