• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video game assholes

What an asshole.

Cesare_Borgia-Brotherhood-1.jpg

Lots of excellent choices in this thread though.

Edit:

Even Cesare's face right here just screams 'Asshole'.

FinalD

Fimbulvetr said:
Yeah, Indy's kill count is pretty low compared to Nathan's. Not to mention quite a few of them are due to accidents or luck.

Also I'm pretty sure he's referring to the museum guard Nate threw off a cliff. You can actually look down to see the guy swimming away, but that really shouldn't have been possible for Nate to know(hell, it's barely probable that the guard survived).
I was just looking that up. Made me lol when I first played it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPYFiFSUgps#t=9m19

And you're right, but hey, he's Nate. How can you not love him? Flynn's the asshole here.

ultron87

Deified Data said:
Know that I've spent the last 15 minutes looking for screenshots of Amaterasu's asshole, from Okami, to no avail.

I don't think I even want to know what kind of horrors that Google search would unearth.

ss_smb3_24.gif

I always skipped the Ice World in SMB3 because not only was traversing in alot of those levels a slippery pain in the ass, but this little punk Lemmy and those damn balls gave a constant barrage of aggravation as a kid and I chose to avoid him at all costs. Praise be the whistle.

Fimbulvetr said:
You.... identified with Kratos at all? I could almost kinda(but not really) understand relating to him in GOW1, but 2?

I don't identify with video game characters because narrative in games have exactly value nil in terms of impact on my gameplay experience. But that is just me, in terms of literary techniques, yeah, people are known to automatically identify with a underdog character as long as the plot is setup so that it seems he is fighting against an unfair larger force, in that case humans are psychologically conditioned to root for him.

The first game features a revenge plot, so him being the underdog is a given. The second one starts off as him being his usual asshole self, but then he is betrayed very early on and the plot, once again, turns into a revenge tale where he is fighting against unfair great forces, Zeus and the sisters, who are less sympathetic than the underdog protagonist challenging them.

In the third game though Kratos is the unfair greater force and he is definitely less sympathetic than his victims.

Anyway, what I am trying to say that in pure storytelling terms, if that floats your boat, Kratos is an asshole through and through in the third game.

Grisby

Nocturnowl said:
This guy right here, he is an asshole of the most gaping caliber. There you'll be, tending to Sir Cluck your beloved pinata chicken who sports a monocle and top hat, and then this absolute git will walk into your garden and you can't stop him. Trespassing? not in this garden, he'll stroll in and murder Sir Cluck like the cold callous bastard he is.

Oh god you might have sold me on finally playing Viva Piñata. Sir Cluck? Looollllll.

If I had to choose should it be 1 or Trouble in Paradise?

zruben

Banned
windfish said:
after a while every character suddenly turns into an asshole in New Super Mario Bros. Wii

hahaha, a friend broke up with his girlfriend because of NSMBWii trolling, that game is evil.

Ragnamith said:
Haha, I agree.
What's up with that dog every time?

Maybe it's because dogs like to play fetch with
deku
sticks

btw, when you talk to him using the mask of truth, he says:
"Ruff-ruff! Where'd that Deku Scrub go? When I see his face, I get all riled up!!"

windfish

Deified Data said:
Know that I've spent the last 15 minutes looking for screenshots of Amaterasu's asshole, from Okami, to no avail.
haha glad i was not the only one,...

4768.jpg

took me a couple of tries to find the right words too :D

Acrylic7 said:
Hes a complete jerk.

He puts his best friend in a wheelchair permanently.

He steals from people. Good or bad, rich or poor. Even Robin Hood only stole from the rich, then he gave it away to people in need.

No he didn't. That was an accident and not Sly's fault. And the three got into crime together. That wasn't Sly taking advantage of them.

He only steals from criminals.

You also said he didn't care about their futures, but in 2 or 3 he offered himself up to Interpol in exchange for Bentley and Murray to go free.

Lijik

sublimit said:
OMG we need the laughing smileys back lol.Seriously this is one of the most ridiculous creature designs i've ever seen in any video game.
All of the monsters in Homecoming are fucking ridiculous.

Whoever said Jack from Story Time Hour is right on the money. What a prick.

There's this annoying bird in Majora's Mask that steals extremely valuable stuff like empty bottles and your sword in Termina field. Ugh.

Takkuri.jpg

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
First Name said:
From Prey-
NEQF7.jpg

Biggest asshole I've come across in gaming.

Now that you mention it, I thought the main character of Prey was a complete Asshole with his "I don't believe in this spirit world crap" while he is in the fucking spirit world and his dead g-pa is talking with him. All that damn dude did was piss and moan.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Trin3785 said:
Now that you mention it, I thought the main character of Prey was a complete Asshole with his "I don't believe in this spirit world crap" while he is in the fucking spirit world and his dead g-pa is talking with him. All that damn dude did was piss and moan.
It's called denial. :p But yeah Tommy was a dick.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Fimbulvetr said:
Yeah, Indy's kill count is pretty low compared to Nathan's. Not to mention quite a few of them are due to accidents or luck.

This is mainly due to the fact that Indy is in a movie and Nate is in a videogame. And while the swordsman shooting in Raiders is funny, it's nonetheless cold-blooded murder.

Also I'm pretty sure he's referring to the museum guard Nate threw off a cliff. You can actually look down to see the guy swimming away, but that really shouldn't have been possible for Nate to know(hell, it's barely probable that the guard survived).

Oh, right, that guy. I was thinking of the inside stuff. I dunno, I just accept that the protagonists of the Uncharted games operate in a pretty shady moral grey area and that's just the nature of their line of work. It really isn't particularly different from Indiana Jones, in my opinion.

Top Bottom