• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video game assholes

ultron87

ken.png

Fuck you, Ken.

Persona 3 spoiler:
No, I don't forgive you for being one hundred percent responsible for getting our friend killed.

(edited a few times to get a better sized picture)

MGrant

ultron87 said:
ken.png

Fuck you, Ken.

Persona 3 spoiler:
No, I don't forgive you for being one hundred percent responsible for getting our friend killed.

Yep. Asshole sat on the bench the whole game.

Throavium said:
The worst part is that he gets away with everything. The last time you see him in the story he's feeding Rinoa to a fifteen foot tall purple man sorceress and the next you see him he's happily fishing with his friends (who you had last seen abandon him because he was being such a huge dick) in the credits.

He tortures Squall, leads a full on invasion of the Balamb Garden, killing a huge number of the students in the process, kills Odin, and repeatedly nearly kills Rinoa (though that's usually her fault due to her being as dumb as bag of shit) and the guy gets absolutely no punishment for any of it.

Green Mamba said:
The worst part is that he gets away with everything. The last time you see him in the story he's feeding Rinoa to a fifteen foot tall purple man sorceress and the next you see him he's happily fishing with his friends (who you had last seen abandon him because he was being such a huge dick) in the credits.

He tortures Squall, leads a full on invasion of the Balamb Garden, killing a huge number of the students in the process, kills Odin, and repeatedly nearly kills Rinoa (though that's usually her fault due to her being as dumb as bag of shit) and the guy gets absolutely no punishment for any of it.

come on, man... go easy on the kid. Teenagers make all sorts of mistakes. It's learning lessons! ;)

Hypatia

EatChildren said:
They should make a game where Kratos dies continuously. That would be awesome.

This was basically what the game turned into for me.

I never managed to finish either of them purely because I hated Kratos so much I didn't want him to succeed.

Watching him die repeatedly was more satisfying.

JaskoX1

Banned
Hypatia said:
This was basically what the game turned into for me.

I never managed to finish either of them purely because I hated Kratos so much I didn't want him to succeed.

Watching him die repeatedly was more satisfying.
How? I love playing as an asshole character. You didn't want to go after those prick gods and just open up a can of whoopass?

Like for the Mass Effect games; I'm always a renegade asshole.

Hypatia

Yeah the gods were arseholes... but so was Kratos and if I'd killed all the gods Kratos would've won.

It was very conflicting.

Renegade Shepard is funny anyway; Kratos is just a dick.

Ifrit

Host Samurai said:
SSF2T_M._Bison.gif

When I was a kid I would read the bios for all the characters in the manual and realized just how much of a prick M. Bison was.

Killed Chun Li's dad
Killed Charlie
Turned Blanka into a beast
Destroyed T Hawks village
Kidnapped Cammy and 2 other girls and brainwashed them

I am sure there is more and it doesnt help that his appearance resembles a Nazi.

Dunno why, but this is really bothering me

p6QOi.gif

Naoya: Devil Survivor

DeSu-Naoya_7599.jpg

The best part of the game is when you get to have
Atsuro point out that for all his talk about not having to depend on others his entire plan depends on the MC.

Zomba13

Sseklebeast said:
I still think he's an ass because he tells horrible jokes and thinks they are funny. At least Teddy in P4 told bad puns but was a cute bear to make up for it.

ultron87 said:
ken.png

Fuck you, Ken.
Yes. So annoying too. I was hoping a cool character would use spears and not some annoying ass kid.

Obsessed said:
Naoya: Devil Survivor

DeSu-Naoya_7599.jpg

The best part of the game is when you get to have
Atsuro point out that for all his talk about not having to depend on others his entire plan depends on the MC.
So true - it's a shame I like his ending so much.
Rest assured, he may think he's got the protagonist under his thumb, but he'll soon find that the King of all Demons is a little harder to control than he initially imagined.

1165238-metatron_large.jpg

A potentially bigger asshole may be Metatron (from Survivor, though he's a douche in every game he's in). Asshole threatens to assassinate you in virtually every ending - as if he could.

Snuggler said:
HZoch.jpg

fuck you professer pester

This is probably the best answer in the whole thread. A lot of videogame characters are assholes, but I can't think of any others whose only purpose actually spoils the whole game.

This guy comes along and destroys your most valuable Pinata if you don't notice him right away. Even if you do notice him in time, you have to pay him to leave. He shows up WAY too often, and while there's an item you can buy in the first game to prevent him from ever showing up, that's not the case in Trouble in Paradise.

Thank god Trouble in Paradise has an exploit in that you can build a fence in just the right way to ensure he gets stuck and leaves; if not, I honestly would never touch the game again. He's a godawful game mechanic, and I have no idea why Rare put him in. It's ironic that an unintended exploit prevents an intentional game mechanic from completely ruining a wonderful game.

onken

That bitch from Dead Space. What a bitch.

Also please keep posting those random, uncaptioned pictures so that I have no idea what you're talking about.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
JaskoX1 said:
How? I love playing as an asshole character. You didn't want to go after those prick gods and just open up a can of whoopass?

Like for the Mass Effect games; I'm always a renegade asshole.

Not really. Probably for the same reason I play as a Paragon.

I really enjoy the God of War games, but it became impossible to empathize with Kratos by part III, and more and more difficult to feel good about killing the people he kills. In God of War III, Kratos literally kills everyone over a simple misunderstanding. That doesn't make him look badass. That makes him look like an idiot.

Jigsaw

Banned
ultron87 said:
ken.png

Fuck you, Ken.

Persona 3 spoiler:

(edited a few times to get a better sized picture)

he doesn't
die
in the female side of persona 3 portable :p

Top Bottom