• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New THQ Nordic Open-World ARPG "Biomutant" Accidentally Revealed Early [PS4/X1/PC]

Sentenza

Looks like the old Swedish pen & paper roleplaying game called "Mutant" from the 80's. The game is still around with a new version even in english.

740px-GenLabAlfa_Box_Fram.jpg
It's surely an interesting coincidence that the developers here are Swedish as well.

Vargavinter

If not related, I wonder how things will be handled going forward. Seems so strikingly similar based on what's known so far and that image you posted.

The whole setting of Mutant is a post apocalyptic world (based on Sweden) where some unknown events have ended the world as we know it and animals and humans have mutated and trying to scavenge and survive.

Edit: More info here if people are interested of the game: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1192053011/mutant-genlab-alpha

dc90be217e472f999a4a2a2be93ffffc.jpg

EvB

I hope this is a video game pastiche / parody of lots of other games/

He’s got a Solid Snake Eyepatch, a Cloud Sword and the font is Horizon

Blindy

Curious how well this game will do with a protagonist like that. Especially since it's not aimed at kids from the look of things. Can't think of the last kind of mature animal starring game.
People have been begging for a quality Conker game from MS for years.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'll be doubly hype if this is a game that doesn't try to swear my ear off constantly. It's just such a trite feature of so many titles now-a-days.

But even not knowing that, the promise of an adventure with a non me-too protag is great. Definitely interested to see how the first trailer will frame everything.

FelipeMGM

Wonder if this is a big-budget AAA title or a smaller project. Hoping for the former.

On Linkedin, Experiment 101 has eleven registered employees, so I dont see how this would be big budget AAA (not that it needs to be that in order to be a cool game)

I've been dying for some kind of gritty anthropomorphic action-adventure thing like what Oddworld did with Stranger's Wrath for YEARS. I'm glad to see someone was brave enough to take the leap.

I hope this good.

When they said they were unveiling a "post apocalyptic kung fu action rpg" I was picturing something more like Fist of the North Star. Pretty disappointed in this.

Stiler

Ok, reading this thread and seeing the Mutant pen and paper game has piqued my interested.

This looks/sounds great and I hope it is indeed based on the Mutant rpg.

StereoVsn

Well, the premise certainly sounds interesting. Will definitely keep an eye on it. Post-apocalypse kung fu Open World ARPG with rocket raccoon as MC, why the hell not?! :)

13thStep

Looks like the old Swedish pen & paper roleplaying game called "Mutant" from the 80's. The game is still around with a new version even in english.

740px-GenLabAlfa_Box_Fram.jpg

Pretty cool. This reminds me a little bit of the old pen and paper RPG TMNT and other Strangeness from the lat 80's. Anyone else remember this?

Yoooo this looks dope as fuck. After Hell blade I'm all for more indie AAA games. The protagonist and those screenshots look nice as fuck.

Top Bottom