• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fitness |OT3| BroScience, Protein Dysentery, XXL Calf Implants, and Squat Rack Hogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
That's a really good price for grass-fed milk. I'm jealous.
I know, I saw it and I was like =O.

Too bad everything else is an arm and a leg, especially meat. Chicken breast is $6/lb, ribeye steak is $18 per lb. I honestly don't know if that's high compared to the rest of the country, but in the city I lived in a year ago meat prices were literally half that. I move a state away and my wallet starts getting clobbered the very next day.

Oh, so exploitable.

Well, I don't know the exact finances of your situation, but places like Costco offer some really nice deals on Man Meals. $20 for 10 lbs of chicken, $15 for about 6-6.5 lbs of lean ground beef, drums of yogurt, $8 for 3 lbs of almonds, etc.

The membership is $50, and a gold/executive membership is about $100, but it gives you 2% back on your savings. If you have a friend that you can split it with it, you can really save some money.

WHAT THE FUCK.

MjFrancis

As many here know I love eggs, eating 4-6 eggs everyday just because every one makes me a tiny bit more awesome. If I'm doing it myself I'll have a couple in my protein shakes + over easy or scrambled w/Sriracha, but my wife makes me omelets 3-5 times a week. Just because I don't eat before noon doesn't mean I can't have breakfast!

But were I to desire an increase of weight then two dozen eggs could yield 2160 calories, 168 grams of fat, 120 grams of protein and trace amounts of carbs. Comparable stats for whole milk at a better price in many places.

And chicken breast at $6/lb? Highway robbery. What's wrong with the 2.5lbs - 3.0lbs bag of frozen chicken breast for $6?

Szu

Time to learn it.

Any advice on doing one? How long should it take if you already know you're physically capable? I imagine it's all about technique.

Well, I did kip-ups quite a bit back in my hardcore martial arts days. I can still pull them off now. The most important first step is mastering the back bridge.

gymnastic_bridge.jpg

Now, you don't need to be as flexible as the pic example. However, it's easier to perform the kip-up with a better back bridge.

Once you feel comfortable with the back bridge, if you want to try a kip-up, then try these steps.

1. Lie on your back
2. Place your hands (palms down) near your head (just like the back bridge position)
3. Bring your legs (easier with your knees bent) toward your head
4. (Tricky part) Kick your legs up and arch your back at the same time
5. If you do the last part correctly, then your body will land into the back bridge position. However, the momentum that you gain from your kicking force will "pull" your upper body off the ground. Then, you do need to "sit" up on to your feet.

JB1981

Just went for a run on my afternoon break and my left knee started killing me. Maybe I am running wrong? I was running on pavement ..... very disappointed .. I actually had to stop in the middle because the pain started to get really bad.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Great numbers and congrats on the rep PR AlienShogun. Almost seventy working reps of the barbell squat in a single training session... on week three of 5/3/1. I have no words. I'm doing BBB with deadlifts right now (regular deadlifts for 5/3/1, sumo deadlifts for BBB) and of all the exercises to do BBB with squats are the one where I imagine my back folding like a lawn chair sometime during set five.

Thanks man, yeah, it took 2 cycles to really get used to it, but now I love it. BBB was tough as hell today though since I pushed so hard for 10 on 360. My ass is sore and now I have classes, lol.
If my squat keeps improving like this I'll be about master class (in theory) in about a year. feels good man. I just need to get my ass to a competition.

How are you liking sumo deadlifts? I've heard they are pretty brutal when you begin them.

MjFrancis

AlienShogun said:
How are you liking sumo deadlifts? I've heard they are pretty brutal when you begin them.

I like pulling sumo, I've done it exclusively in the past, though I've come to this compromise of using them as an assistance movement since I enjoy doing conventional deadlifts as well. Sumo deadlifts seems to demand significantly more of my hip adductors and glutes than the traditional deadlift. There is an inch or two less ROM but basically it shifts the emphasis of the movement from the back to the legs. If I'd describe the change it might be something like conventional being 60/40 to sumo being 40/60 in respect to back/leg emphasis.

Alright guys, its time to experiment some. I have been working out for about 4 years now on and off. I have taken protein on and off because of cost.( I'm in college). But recently I have not been seeing gains in much strength or mass, which is what I am training on. I have come a long way, but I need to go further and gain more. I am 6 foot and 152 pounds. To give you an idea on strength I squat around 275 and bench about 225. Those were my max's about 1 month ago. Because of schedule issues I was working out 3 times a week, full body workouts.

Now, here is where I am going to change things. I have purchased creatine and done my research. Starting today I will be taking it and eating more than I usually do, probably about 7 meals (1meal- protein shake). I will start working out five days a week isolating 3 muscles a day while doing compound workouts like squat and deadlifts everyday. Legs will also have a separate day so..

Day 1- Chest/Tricepts/Shoulders
Day 2- Back/Bicepts/Traps
Day 3- Legs
( Repeat day 1 and 2) Rest Saturday and Sunday.

As of today I will be taking a GNC brand protein ( I'll give name when I get home), Glutamine pills, and creatine. Creatine - 20 grams per day/5 days then 5 grams per day/ 40 days.
The creatine I am taking is also GNC brand. ( Will get name when I get home also)

This is for people trying to see how well creatine works and also to help me keep track of progress while I go through the few phases of using creatine. If more specifics are wanted I can post workouts and meals. Also, for cardio and such I play rugby for my college , it is more than enough for that category. Any advice or criticism is encouraged.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Alright guys, its time to experiment some. I have been working out for about 4 years now on and off. I have taken protein on and off because of cost.( I'm in college). But recently I have not been seeing gains in much strength or mass, which is what I am training on. I have come a long way, but I need to go further and gain more. I am 6 foot and 152 pounds. To give you an idea on strength I squat around 275 and bench about 225. Those were my max's about 1 month ago. Because of schedule issues I was working out 3 times a week, full body workouts.

Now, here is where I am going to change things. I have purchased creatine and done my research. Starting today I will be taking it and eating more than I usually do, probably about 7 meals (1meal- protein shake). I will start working out five days a week isolating 3 muscles a day while doing compound workouts like squat and deadlifts everyday. Legs will also have a separate day so..

Day 3- Legs

As of today I will be taking a GNC brand protein ( I'll give name when I get home), Glutamine pills, and creatine. Creatine - 20 grams per day/5 days then 5 grams per day/ 40 days.
The creatine I am taking is also GNC brand. ( Will get name when I get home also)

This is for people trying to see how well creatine works and also to help me keep track of progress while I go through the few phases of using creatine. If more specifics are wanted I can post workouts and meals. Also, for cardio and such I play rugby for my college , it is more than enough for that category. Any advice or criticism is encouraged.

If you've been working out for 4 years and you're training for strength and mass and you weight that much and those are your estimated 1RM it sounds like you have bigger issues than whether or not you should take creatine. Like overtraining or not eating enough.

Petrie

Banned
Man those meat prices are insane. I get chicken and beef for $1.99 a lb at Wegmans, then grab a 4lb bag of tilapia at Walmart for like $10.49, amazing source of protein. Im not sure what the deal is with $6 a lb chicken, holy fuck.

Man those meat prices are insane. I get chicken and beef for $1.99 a lb at Wegmans, then grab a 4lb bag of tilapia at Walmart for like $10.49, amazing source of protein. Im not sure what the deal is with $6 a lb chicken, holy fuck.

I get 10lbs at $6 lol, well maybe exaggerating a bit but yeah that's ridiculous. Are you in a 3rd world country?

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2

Is canned chicken breast (+rib meat) an option at all? I got a can that has 4 servings (13g of protein per) for like $2.50ish

I do these

4FxbQ.gif

Seems like an excellent way of fucking up your face LOL... Oh I would never do this... Just the thought of trying to do it would cause my front teeth to fall out.

Mr.City

Day 3- Legs

What I say is not to knock against your work, but...

the main problem isn't supplements. Your problem is that you're 6 feet tall and weigh 150 ish. Your problem is that you squat less than 300 after 4 years of training and only bench 2 plates for a max. This is going to sound dogma, but I would really recommend reading the OP routine/ Starting Strength. You lack the ability to properly program for strength/size, and your dietary habits are inadequate.

To put this into perspective, there are people here who in a years time have gotten up to a 3 plate squat for reps and a 2 plate bench for reps with a proper program and diet.

If you are changing that many variables you won't really be able to tell if Creatine does anything.
Maybe I should have been more clear. My full body workout is just being broken down and adding a couple of workouts to further stress the muscles. Hopefully, I am not changing too much. Any advice on what major change I am making is too strong?

If you've been working out for 4 years and you're training for strength and mass and you weight that much and those are your estimated 1RM it sounds like you have bigger issues than whether or not you should take creatine. Like overtraining or not eating enough.
I should have been more clear about this also. Starting out four years ago, I was around 5' 11" and 135 pounds. Most of my gains have been made with great dieting and hard work. You might have something there with the overtraining. But with my splits in the past and now I really haven't ever felt overtrained or overly working. With my previous schedule I would not lift 4 days out of the week, that is the most rest I have ever taken. Except for months off for injuries and prioritizing school. And advice on the overtraining issue I may have?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Maybe I should have been more clear. My full body workout is just being broken down and adding a couple of workouts to further stress the muscles. Hopefully, I am not changing too much. Any advice on what major change I am making is too strong?

I should have been more clear about this also. Starting out four years ago, I was around 5' 11" and 135 pounds. Most of my gains have been made with great dieting and hard work. You might have something there with the overtraining. But with my splits in the past and now I really haven't ever felt overtrained or overly working. With my previous schedule I would not lift 4 days out of the week, that is the most rest I have ever taken. Except for months off for injuries and prioritizing school. And advice on the overtraining issue I may have?

Post your workout routine with sets/reps for people to critique. Also what you'd eat in a typical day. Regardless of your routine I'm betting you need to eat a lot more.

What I say is not to knock against your work, but...

the main problem isn't supplements. Your problem is that you're 6 feet tall and weigh 150 ish. Your problem is that you squat less than 300 after 4 years of training and only bench 2 plates for a max. This is going to sound dogma, but I would really recommend reading the OP routine/ Starting Strength. You lack the ability to properly program for strength/size, and your dietary habits are inadequate.

To put this into perspective, there are people here who in a years time have gotten up to a 3 plate squat for reps and a 2 plate bench for reps with a proper program and diet.

Let's say 3 years in the gym dicking around and 1 year being serious. Maybe my dieting habits were inadequate for those years, but this past one has been pretty strict and on point. I can't help my size in terms of puberty or genetics. By properly program do you mean my body or my schedule, because I assure you with this last year I have been doing highly recommended beginner then intermediate mass/strength gaining programs. Maybe you should have asked my routine and diet before you determined them unsatisfactory instead of looking at my 1RM's. ps, I've only been squatting for 8 or 9 months. I thought my squat was decent for my size :( guess not.

Veezy

que?

I'm gonna sound real dickish here, but in four years if you've only gained 18 pounds, you're doing something wrong if your goal has been to increase mass. Overtraining probably hasn't happened to you. To put it in perspective, I was doing five day bodybuilding splits for two years straight, missing only a week in-between that, without using steroids and put on more than 15 pounds. You're issue is your programming and diet.

Your best bet, quite honestly and to quasi copy Mr. City, is to do what you're planning with your diet (I.E. eat more) and switch to a beginner barbell program using 70% of your one rep max. Starting Strength or Grayskull are going to put mass, strength, and attractive looking hypertrophy on you (so long as you're not going too crazy with the fat/carbs). Track your numbers, stick to a solid diet, and you'll see solid progress. Pushing through those 1RM should be no problem in a few months.

Petrie

Banned
Let's say 3 years in the gym dicking around and 1 year being serious. Maybe my dieting habits were inadequate for those years, but this past one has been pretty strict and on point. I can't help my size in terms of puberty or genetics. By properly program do you mean my body or my schedule, because I assure you with this last year I have been doing highly recommended beginner then intermediate mass/strength gaining programs. Maybe you should have asked my routine and diet before you determined them unsatisfactory instead of looking at my 1RM's. ps, I've only been squatting for 8 or 9 months. I thought my squat was decent for my size :( guess not.
He doesnt need to see your routine and diet to know that those results in that timeframe mean you are doing some big things wrong. If you arent doing an establisned beginner routine, get on one, and then eat, eat, and eat some more.

Saying youre doing isolation stuff along with squats/deads/bench every day 5 days a week tells me you havent put any type of real thought into what youre doing.

I know, I saw it and I was like =O.

Too bad everything else is an arm and a leg, especially meat. Chicken breast is $6/lb, ribeye steak is $18 per lb. I honestly don't know if that's high compared to the rest of the country, but in the city I lived in a year ago meat prices were literally half that. I move a state away and my wallet starts getting clobbered the very next day.

WHAT THE FUCK.

Wow. Where are you?

Post your workout routine with sets/reps for people to critique. Also what you'd eat in a typical day. Regardless of your routine I'm betting you need to eat a lot more.

Sure. For diet ill use today for a typical day. Today I had a bowl of oatmeal , 2 hard boiled eggs, a sliceof toast with peanut butter. Mid- morning snack was a banana and a granola bar. Lunch was a sandwhich with sunchips and celery sticks. Right now I'm drinking my first protein shake. After I get home I have another shake with my dinner. Dinner is a chicken breast with broccoli, corn, and rice. After I will have a snack, most likely a pot pie or something. Then for a bedtime snack I eat some popcorn.

Workout - Today I will be starting this one, but I can post the old one as well if needed.
Each exercise is done with 3 sets, last one till failure but usually with 8-10 reps.
Also, each day is started off with a 1 mile run accompanied with a compound workout.
Compound workouts cycle between. Squats, Deadlifts and Powercleans.

Day 1- Chest/ Tricepts/Shoulders
Alternating by day Incline / Flat Barbell Press
Smith machine press
Overhead barbell press or Dumbbell overhead press
Upright Row
Skullcrushers
Weighted Dips
Front cable raise
Shoulder bombs ( will explain)

Day 2 - Back/Bicept/Traps
Bent over barbell rows ( alternating hand grips)
Wide Grip Weighted Pull up
Seated Cable row
S/M Shrug
Preacher Curl
Cable Curls
Dumbbell Shrug
Close-Grip Pulldown

Day 3- Legs
Squat
Romanian Deadlift
Leg Curl
Leg Press
Seated Calf Raise
Leg Extension
Bike

Repeat day 1 and 2 then rest for 2 days.
I have no gym access during the weekend.

Question- Many people are bringing my weight into question. I eat a shit ton. Not just garbage either. While my immediate diet has only been like this for 1 year, I can assure you even before that I have eaten a lot. I seriously do not think that my diet is in debate here in terms with my weight. I am a skinny guy, born that way and have been since. My metabolism is extremely high but I do eat a lot. I can't really do much more to try and gain weight but eating a lot ( which I have been doing) and working out. Or am a sadly mistaken here?

I'll be surprised if what you eat amounts to 1800kcals. Pretty much any routine will get you results if you're eating right.

Speaking of which, your routine is going to be ripped apart...

/Ride of him fitnessgaf

I'll be surprised if what you eat amounts to 1800kcals. Pretty much any routine will get you results if you're eating right.

Speaking of which, your routine is going to be ripped apart...

/Ride of him fitnessgaf

LOL . But seriously, I didn't come here to lie.. I came for support and advice. If I could have some routine advice lets hear it, but could I get some reasoning behind peoples changes also?

Petrie

Banned
Sure. For diet ill use today for a typical day. Today I had a bowl of oatmeal , 2 hard boiled eggs, a sliceof toast with peanut butter. Mid- morning snack was a banana and a granola bar. Lunch was a sandwhich with sunchips and celery sticks. Right now I'm drinking my first protein shake. After I get home I have another shake with my dinner. Dinner is a chicken breast with broccoli, corn, and rice. After I will have a snack, most likely a pot pie or something. Then for a bedtime snack I eat some popcorn.

Workout - Today I will be starting this one, but I can post the old one as well if needed.
Each exercise is done with 3 sets, last one till failure but usually with 8-10 reps.
Also, each day is started off with a 1 mile run accompanied with a compound workout.

Smith machine press
Upright Row
Skullcrushers
Weighted Dips
Front cable raise

Seated Cable row
S/M Shrug
Preacher Curl
Cable Curls
Dumbbell Shrug
Close-Grip Pulldown

Day 3- Legs
Squat
Romanian Deadlift
Leg Curl
Leg Press
Seated Calf Raise
Leg Extension
Bike

Question- Many people are bringing my weight into question. I eat a shit ton. Not just garbage either. While my immediate diet has only been like this for 1 year, I can assure you even before that I have eaten a lot. I seriously do not think that my diet is in debate here in terms with my weight. I am a skinny guy, born that way and have been since. My metabolism is extremely high but I do eat a lot. I can't really do much more to try and gain weight but eating a lot ( which I have been doing) and working out. Or am a sadly mistaken here?
You arent eating nearly enough food for starters. You need to get up to at least 3500-4000 calories a day, and what you posted isnt close to that.

You are doing far too much volume as well, and too many days, but i assume youll ignore the advice to find an established beginner routine, and instead will insist on sticking to the nonsense routine you have concocted, as you have ignored the posts already above from many users suggesting this.

The OP is chock full of the reasoning for all this. Go read the entire thing, then come back with questions.

Your metabolism isnt special. You are doing everything wrong, thats why youre skinny.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)

Smith machine press
Upright Row
Skullcrushers
Weighted Dips
Front cable raise

Seated Cable row
S/M Shrug
Preacher Curl
Cable Curls
Dumbbell Shrug
Close-Grip Pulldown

Day 3- Legs
Squat
Romanian Deadlift
Leg Curl
Leg Press
Seated Calf Raise
Leg Extension
Bike

Yep. Not eating enough and wayyyyyy overtraining.

You arent eating nearly enough food for starters. You need to get up to at least 3500-4000 calories a day, and what you posted isnt close to that.

You are doing far too much volume as well, and too many days, but i assume youll ignore the advice to find an established beginner routine, and instead will insist on sticking to the nonsense routine you have concocted, as you have ignored the posts already above from many users suggesting this.

The OP is chock full of the reasoning for all this. Go read the entire thing, then come back with questions.

Your metabolism isnt special. You are doing everything wrong, thats why youre skinny.

To negate the negative tone in your fucked up post I would like to say everything that has been said has been taken into account. I've read the OP times over and already finished 2 beginner programs. But your ignorance to my weight and routine have spit all over your opinion which I no longer value. I asked for reasoning and received nothing. Unless you have some explanation and/or reasoning stop posting about my routine. Came here for friendly advice, not to be fucking dissed and sent to the OP I have already read and followed.

Yep. Not eating enough and wayyyyyy overtraining.

Where should I add more meals and could you let me know what to cut out.
Designing this workout I compared some of the better mass gaining exercises I
wanted to hit each muscles with precision along with my compound workouts.
What in your opinion should I cut out ? Thanks for not responding in a condescending/
negative tone.

Apologies for the double post

Untitled-0-00-20-07.jpg

So, pistol squats - who here trains with them? More to the point, what sort of set/rep scheme do you abide to?

Initially last year I favored 1x20 for each leg with minimal rest in an effort to meet the advanced requirements of the twenty pistol squat challenge. I feel much better doing 2x10 for each leg now with slower reps and a focus on maintaining solid form. I feel fresher going to the my barbell training afterwards where I can ramp up the intensity there rather than focusing on weighted pistols (which make increasing intensity all the more difficult, given the element of balance still required in respect to most other leg movements) or the fatigue that comes with doing a set of twenty pistols on either leg.

I've just started doing these GTG style. Initially, I didn't even know I could do them because prior to January I couldn't do them. Thank you heavy squats.

crpav

Where should I add more meals and could you let me know what to cut out.
Designing this workout I compared some of the better mass gaining exercises I
wanted to hit each muscles with precision along with my compound workouts.
What in your opinion should I cut out ? Thanks for not responding in a condescending/
negative tone.

On a food note have cottage cheese for a bedtime snack instead of popcorn. Or get a casein protein powder to take before bed.

Petrie

Banned
To negate the negative tone in your fucked up post I would like to say everything that has been said has been taken into account. I've read the OP times over and already finished 2 beginner programs. But your ignorance to my weight and routine have spit all over your opinion which I no longer value. I asked for reasoning and received nothing. Unless you have some explanation and/or reasoning stop posting about my routine. Came here for friendly advice, not to be fucking dissed and sent to the OP I have already read and followed.
You have not followed the OP. You arent eating anywhere near enough calories. The OP takes great pains to make it clear this is very important. You are working out 5 days straight, doing isolation stuff, and say you have been through 2 beginner routines, even though you should be doing the same routine for at least 6 months (starting strength is a 6 month to one year program, at least) and more likely longer. You arent following any of the information in the OP, and thats why you arent seeing results. But ignore the advice because it goes against what you wanted to hear. Kudos.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)

Do the beginner routine in the OP, eat like 3500+ calories every day, plan that shit out so you know you're getting enough and with a good amount of protein, and you'll forget how mad you are right now in a month or two when you've packed on a bunch more muscle. You should probably take a break from any training though cause your body is way overtrained right now with that routine.

You have not followed the OP. You arent eating anywhere near enough calories. The OP takes great pains to make it clear this is very important. You are working out 5 days straight, doing isolation stuff, and say you have been through 2 beginner routines, even though you should be doing the same routine for at least 6 months (starting strength is a 6 month to one year program, at least) and more likely longer. You arent following any of the information in the OP, and thats why you arent seeing results. But ignore the advice because it goes against what you wanted to hear. Kudos.

Thanks for some reasoning, now let me explain. Prior to today I have been working out 3 days a week doing compound exercises. Which I would still be doing now. Should I go back to my three day routine? I did starting strength for 8 months and it worked great, but I'm just past that now. Any advice on the eating I do agree with you that I need more? Please read my whole post before stating things, each day I go in I do compound exercises.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
TRUTH TRUTH TRUTH. Plus, god knows how they prepared the chicken and the whole process and shit.

I'd rather spend my $6 on a pound of chicken that's orgranic free range than the bagged chicken.

Plus "natural" chicken versus "organic" chicken is literally about a $1/lb difference these days. Every single time when I buy organic versus non-organic (same store, different store, whatever), the organic chicken cooks a million times better and tastes better.

JB1981

Day 3- Legs

If your goal is to gain strength and mass, I recommend that you just stick to the big lifts (squat, press, deadlift, bench, clean) and try to put on 40lbs.

I'm 5'11 188 and I'm skinny. If you are 6ft 150s you are probably rail thin. You need to eat about 6k calories a day for a while and push yourself extremely hard in the gym, following a tried and true strength program.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
If your goal is to gain strength and mass, I recommend that you just stick to the big lifts (squat, press, deadlift, bench, clean) and try to put on 40lbs.

I'm 5'11 188 and I'm skinny. If you are 6ft 150s you are probably rail thin. You need to eat about 6k calories a day for a while and push yourself extremely hard in the gym, following a tried and true strength program.

6K really? A lb of fat is 3500 and his BMR is less than 2500...

lol. I was eating 3500 calories a day, and I maybe gained a few pounds, and that was it. I said it fuck it. I hated stuffing myself, and never had the time to eat 4000-5000 calories a day to gain 20 pounds.

Petrie

Banned
Thanks for some reasoning, now let me explain. Prior to today I have been working out 3 days a week doing compound exercises. Which I would still be doing now. Should I go back to my three day routine? I did starting strength for 8 months and it worked great, but I'm just past that now. Any advice on the eating I do agree with you that I need more? Please read my whole post before stating things, each day I go in I do compound exercises.
I did read. You are still a beginner, and your focus should be almost entirely on compound excercises. You are not past SS, at all. Not with those numbers. SS requires you to eat more. You werent eating enoug while on it, so you got nowhere near what you should have out of the program. Throw away the routine you posted, get back on SS, and eat at least 4000 calories a day.

My advice on your diet, start tracking it so youll see how much youre actually eating. Add more peanut butter, chicken, eggs, milk, etc to your diet. Eat till youre busting, then eat more. You cant eat too much of this stuff while on SS.

Question: I'm doing pullups and dips after days A and B, respectively. Problem is that I never have much in me to do more than around 3 sets of 5-8. Should I just stop doing them or do them on off days? I'm not sure if these are interfering with my bench(135) and press(75) progress.

JB1981

lol. I was eating 3500 calories a day, and I maybe gained a few pounds, and that was it. I said it fuck it. I hated stuffing myself, and never had the time to eat 4000-5000 calories a day to gain 20 pounds.

Yes it's really hard. Luckily I don't need to gain 40lbs but most people think they are eating a lot when they really aren't and could afford to eat more (if their goal is to get big and strong). 6'0 190 is a good ratio. He could probably afford to be 210 actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom