• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 3 |OT| An Epidemic of "Leakyolinitus" has Broken Out

Per NYTimes, lawyer Jose Baez had a news conference today confirming Aaron Hernandez had CTE, and that researchers determined it was "the most severe case they'd ever seen in someone of Aaron's age" (27)

ed: Already seems to be a thread up

Standing forever by my "never having a kid who plays football" position

Mike Lombardi's Blue chip position coaches

Head Coach

Belichick
Carroll
Mccarthy
Reid
Tomlin

OC

Shanahan
McDanials
Linehan
Gase
Payton
Reid

OL

Callahan
Munchak
Scarnecchia
Forrester
Cable

DC

Phillips
Spagnuolo
Crennel
Smith
Marinelli
Zimmer

DL

Patterson
Masulo
Tekrovik
Washington
Cullen

good thing that's the only work necessary to support a kid!

The work necessary is overrated. You give half a rat's ass about your kids and it's not difficult at all.

What you forfeit is time, but considering that we're talking on a video game message board most of us here waste our free time anyway.

The only way cats are cool is if they're brought into a house with a dog when they're a kitten.

Otherwise they just grow up to be vindictive little shits that don't know how to love.

I've had 9 cats. These are facts.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Someone on my Facebook is trying to argue that the Packers arent a mismanaged team, that we should be happy just making it as far as we do, and that a Super Bowl or bust mindset is unrealistic.

This is the kind of complacency that makes me frustrated as fuck.

Missed this post but wanted to tie it into my lack of passion this season.

Every fucking season we have the same GM pick the players and trot out the same head coach and defensive coordinator and then we're shocked when Rodgers can't carry 21 other players to a Super Bowl win.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills with this franchise. What's the definition of insanity again?

Your cats are parasites

image.php

Tonight we settle once and for all the debate over who is better: Nocal or Socal.

That's easy, we are better than the rest of the US

Dishwalla

Banned
Saw a programming note that the game is now being televised on Comedy Central instead of NFL Network. Set your DVRs accordingly.

K-Gun

To add to my above post, CFB teams have used a third safety often over the last decade to combat spread passing teams. TCU is a prime example, that team has been basing out of Nickel for a decade, they use a 3rd safety and sit in 4-2-5 all game, reason they've been a tough D for years.

JABEE

To add to my above post, CFB teams have used a third safety often over the last decade to combat spread passing teams. TCU is a prime example, that team has been basing out of Nickel for a decade, they use a 3rd safety and sit in 4-2-5 all game, reason they've been a tough D for years.

Yep. Teams are adapting for the passing game and no longer having to account for huge running backs/power run game as much. They can have a roving hybrid position much like Brian Dawkins used to do for the Eagles.

I also thought it was interesting how much less teams blitz now, yet still are able to generate more and more pressure from sending less players on the rush.

Hindl

It's starting to spread to the NFL. It's called the Big Nickel defense and it was originally used in the 90s by Fritz Shurmur with the Packers, and started coming back into the NFL in 2013-2014

yrba1

Also, honest question, you always see Wade Phillips praised as a DC, so why does he move around so much?

Seems picky about who he chooses to play for as a DC. His best years were with Kubiak so far, hope he can at least be close to replicating that success under McVay.

Top Bottom