• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 3 |OT| An Epidemic of "Leakyolinitus" has Broken Out

They ain't my kids.

I never ain't had no sex in Florida. Only a crazy person would do that.
Using a double negative! That means you have.. probably at Disney Land..
200w.gif

Hello Robert Durst.. you played yourself

That means you have.. get a lawyer Gata.. we've done it. You gonna get out of shitty Gainesville or whatever swamp/trailer park you in friend.

WedgeX

Banned
Using a double negative! That means you have.. probably at Disney Land..
200w.gif

Hello Robert Durst.. you played yourself

That means you have.. get a lawyer Gata.. we've done it. You gonna get out of shitty Gainesville or whatever swamp/trailer park you in friend.

Its actually a...

I never ain't had no sex in Florida.

triple negative.

You just got lawyer'd.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Looks like Malcolm Jenkins, Anquan Boldin, Torrey Smith, and Michael Bennett are reaching out directly to the NFL to turn the protests into actionable progress.

The players are asking for a Unity Month like the league already has a Breast Cancer Awareness/Military month.

They are also asking for lobbying resources and support from the league and owners.

Seems like a pretty reasonable approach to turning the NFL's PR nightmares into a good story for the league. We will see how the NFL responds.

This in conjunction with the video today of Goodell, Lurie, and Jenkins along with other Eagles players visiting non-profits/PPD to talk about criminal justice reform.

This seems to be outside the Player's Association's official stance or lack of stance, but maybe the NFL will respond to this with earnest care.

https://sports.yahoo.com/memo-4-players-sent-nfl-commissioner-roger-goodell-030818178.html
hahahahahahahahhahah excuse me, hahahahahahahahahaha good luck with that.

Sephzilla

Someone on my Facebook is trying to argue that the Packers arent a mismanaged team, that we should be happy just making it as far as we do, and that a Super Bowl or bust mindset is unrealistic.

This is the kind of complacency that makes me frustrated as fuck.

Hindl

The NFL is garbage. I doubt I would watch any games outside of Denver if I didn't have RedZone.
Yeah. I actually think the playoffs will be good since there's roughly 8 teams that would be entertaining to see play each other. But all the regular season games are terrible because instead of playing each other, those 8-10 teams are all playing bad teams. Looking at this week's schedule, and the only maybe good games are Hawks-Titans, Bucs-Vikings, Falcons-Lions. And all of those could end up terrible too

Disneyland ain't in Florida.

Educate yourself.
Disney land, Disney world.. what's the difference. you stayed in one of Walt's Whimsical Wonderlands and had a sexual romp that could make Magic proud.

There's nothing to be ashamed of Bionic.

Someone on my Facebook is trying to argue that the Packers arent a mismanaged team, that we should be happy just making it as far as we do, and that a Super Bowl or bust mindset is unrealistic.

Is that.. necessarily wrong?

Joe Haden doubled his wins over last year in week 2.
Does this count towards 8-8?

I need a ruling on this

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/49ers-Rams-tickets-cheapest-levis-stadium-history-12215863.php

As of Wednesday, resale tickets were being offered on StubHub for as low as $14 to see the team host the Los Angeles Rams at 7 p.m. That price is just cheaper than buying a pair of $7.50 pretzels through the Levi's Stadium app and comparable to the price of a beer and a hot dog at the the three-year-old arena. According to the team's seat licensing map, the cheapest original face value for any seat is $85.

Ticket sale aggregator TicketIQ listed a slightly higher minimum price from their partners at $17, still a bargain compared to all previous games at the stadium.

"The current get-in price of $17 is the Niners' cheapest game this season with an average asking price of $88 — also the cheapest of the season. The average ticket price across all remaining home games for them is $179," says Ralph Garcia of TicketIQ, who says the team has seen the average list price decline 32 percent since the stadium opened in 2014, according to their internal numbers. "This is, however, the 49ers' cheapest home game since the move to Levi's. The previous low was Dec. 11, 2016 vs. the Jets."

Rvaan

Banned
Does this count towards 8-8?

I need a ruling on this

Justice Rvaan writes in the Majority Opinion that Mr. Joe Haden doubling his win total from last year in week 2 of the next year does not count as 8-8. Mr. Haden doubled his win total from the previous season thus his record over the last two season is now stands at 3-15. He and his new Steeler compatriots must go 15-1 in the current season for this to count as an 8-8.

Yeah. I actually think the playoffs will be good since there's roughly 8 teams that would be entertaining to see play each other. But all the regular season games are terrible because instead of playing each other, those 8-10 teams are all playing bad teams. Looking at this week's schedule, and the only maybe good games are Hawks-Titans, Bucs-Vikings, Falcons-Lions. And all of those could end up terrible too

The NFL should contract. 24-28 teams would probably be pretty good for the amount of NFL quality players in United States.

Justice Rvaan writes in the Majority Opinion that Mr. Joe Haden doubling his win total from last year in week 2 of the next year does not count as 8-8. Mr. Haden doubled his win total from the previous season thus his record over the last two season is now stands at 3-15. He and his new Steeler compatriots must go 15-1 in the current season for this to count as an 8-8.
This is up there with Citizens United, Plessy v Ferguson, and Hammer v Dagenhart in terms of injustice

Hindl

Disney land, Disney world.. what's the difference.
2500 miles
When you have arguably the most talented QB to ever play the game, yes, SB or bust is a completely realistic midnset
The NFL should contract. 24-28 teams would probably be pretty good for the amount of NFL quality players in United States.
Yeah we were talking about that in the Discord. That'll probably happen in the next 10 years

Sephzilla

When you've made the playoffs for 8 straight years, have arguably the best QB in the league, and have been to a few NFC Championship games, I don't think a Super Bowl or bust mindset is unrealistic at all.

Thats basically how the Patriots have operated since the mid 2000s

When you've made the playoffs for 8 straight years, have arguably the best QB in the league, and have been to a few NFC Championship games, I don't think a Super Bowl or bust mindset is unrealistic at all.

Thats basically how the Patriots have operated since the mid 2000s

Anytime you have a guaranteed HOF quarterback, you should be having a Super Bowl or bust mentality.

So Wentz was 2-6 for 12 yards and 1 int on screen passes against the Chiefs. I wonder what they can do to fix that, because in Andy's offense the screen really is like an extension of the run. If they are not going to hand the ball to the backs they at least need to be able to get it to them on screens.

So Wentz was 2-6 for 12 yards and 1 int on screen passes against the Chiefs. I wonder what they can do to fix that, because in Andy's offense the screen really is like an extension of the run. If they are not going to hand the ball to the backs they at least need to be able to get it to them on screens.

It's interesting cause the screens were pretty good last year. I imagine that the Chiefs D is pretty damn used to defending screen looks in practice though.

Sephzilla

Anytime you have a guaranteed HOF quarterback, you should be having a Super Bowl or bust mentality.

I'm noticing that Packer fans have a weird sense of complacency regarding being a team that keeps getting bounced from the playoffs. There's an entire generation of fans that goes "just be grateful for what we have now because I was alive to remember the 70s and 80s when we sucked". It's like they forgot that the 60s happened too and that even with 2 decades of shit the Packers still have the most NFL Championships in history and shouldn't be content with being the 90s Atlanta Braves of the NFL

Hindl

He just kinda sucks at throwing them and they seem slow. I think it's just his long throwing motion still needs to be reigned in

The NFL is garbage. I doubt I would watch any games outside of Denver if I didn't have RedZone.

"Is anyone else struggling to feel as interested/invested in football this year?" SBnation has an article up asking essentially, and concluding a lot of owners are putting out lousy teams and not giving a fuck about the quality because really where else do you have to go for pro football? If you leave, you're essentially leaving the whole sport, and if you don't leave, they know they have you no matter what

I can't really disagree

WedgeX

Banned
"Is anyone else struggling to feel as interested/invested in football this year?" SBnation has an article up asking essentially, and concluding a lot of owners are putting out lousy teams and not giving a fuck about the quality because really where else do you have to go for pro football? If you leave, you're essentially leaving the whole sport, and if you don't leave, they know they have you no matter what

I can't really disagree

I'm having trouble maintaining interest, and the Lions are doing well this year.

captive

I can't really disagree

disagree. People can watch college football. And the ratings say otherwise.

I've personally stopped watching as much. Just general apathy.

Hindl

disagree. People can watch college football. And the ratings say otherwise.

I've personally stopped watching as much. Just general apathy.
It specifically asked where else are you going to go for Pro football though. And ratings are down?

Sephzilla

I can't really disagree

my struggle with interest isn't necessarily about quality, its more that i know how my favorite teams season is likely going to play out before it even happens at this point.

captive

It specifically asked where else are you going to go for Pro football though. And ratings are down?

well obviously no where for pro football. But the same could be said of the NBA and MLB. Its not an apples to apples comparison. Its not like if you dont watch the NFL you dont just sit and do nothing, you've got netflix, hulu, movie theaters, outside activities and so much more etc etc.

college football is trash
do you think casual fans care? And as compared to what? the NFL where the last several pages have people like you saying the NFL is trash?

Redd

Personally I like the fact I can see a home pro football game for cheap like I can with mlb lately. For once I'm paying more per day at the hotel than the game ticket.

Ronin Ray

Packers fans have gone from bret farve to aron rodgers and haven't seen a bad team for like 25+ years. A lot of Packers fans have never seen a bad team in there life so of course there complacent. They don't know how fast Superbowl windows close and teams become terrible.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

I can't really disagree

I just mentioned the other day how I'm not as invested this season

Unfortunately teams could really use more padded practice time. Feels like we're seeing the results from the last CBA. I don't know how you reconcile that with players getting long term injuries and degenerative brain disease from the sport from too much contact. At some point we may have to simply accept as a society that these players are modern day gladiators and are being compensated for their loss of future health.

It's also possible that not as many people can afford to go to the games or buy the merch so they just stop following it all eventually since they're less invested. There's too many other forms of even cheaper entertainment these days.

Top Bottom