• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

so at this point

the trailer has to be hidden inside the new update

Maybe their will be a holographic trailer playing at the tower when you log in tomorrow

Maybe the trailer for Destiny 2 has been in the Tower all along? Similar to how they stealth announced Destiny in Halo 3: ODST. Maybe there is a poster somewhere that when you walk up to it, it allows you to go interact with it. Then it plays the trailer #halfjoking #kappa

SpecX

Is this update hitting tomorrow? I'm ready to jump back in after being away for 3+ months. Going to use my secondary PS4 since my primary has Destiny deleted already and I don't feel like making space/downloading the massive file.

Dez_

Is this update hitting tomorrow? I'm ready to jump back in after being away for 3+ months. Going to use my secondary PS4 since my primary has Destiny deleted already and I don't feel like making space/downloading the massive file.

Tomorrow at 10am PST, I believe.

Anyone on Xbox who wants to run Wrath of the Machine raid? I haven't done it on Xbox yet, but I've completed challenge mode on ps4 so i remember what I'm doing. Would also love to get the pulse rifle if possible. Add me on Xbox.

Spaaaaaaaaace

Gudji

You guys think RoI will be getting a sale soon? Wouldn't mind buying it before getting into Destiny 2. There's a ton of content (raids) I still haven't done.

Arrrammis

C78JJWfU8AAOJbZ.jpg

https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/846406524347940871

chur

Guys I was making fun of the big giant 2. We all know why there needs to be a big giant 2, but it's still funny.

One of my most played disappoints, tbh

Since launch, I've always called it the "Best Broken game that I have ever played". I've taken breaks here and there but I've clocked around 1100 hours into it and am still pumped for it's future. Hell I just finished the RoI record book last night!

Or maybe I just have a problem.

McArkus

I hope that for this last update a new public event is released hinting at the sequel, something like cabal scouts in earth, moon or venus. Also cant wait to check the new-old raids!!!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Anyone who actually wants a discord invite can always send me a PM here, I usually get to them within an hour or two.

LiK

Anyone still doing the WotM HM raids? That's the only trophy I'm still missing. Would like to get it before the sequel comes out.

Midas

God, I hate the "Destiny was a total disappointment for everyone and sold like shit" bubble some people live in on the gaming side.

Came for this, not disappointed. Every single Destiny thread in the main forum is filled by "Nope, first one sucked" etc. That people never give up...

Well, I'm officially super hyped.

soultron

Banned
Can't wait to see some gameplay. I think seeing the first glimpse of D2 is going to be like seeing HALO 2 for the first time after playing the shit out of HALO CE.

WeTeHa

is this the size of the update? it will take all freaking day if this is the case. Servers are going to be hammered tomorrow....

No it isn't. It's the size of all destiny updates together. If you start the download on your PS4 it always checks all other downloadable content. In case something is corrupted or missing it will download all the content again (hence, 33gb or something). If everything is in order (checking always takes a while for destiny because of the huge size) you will download only the newest update.
I'm guessing the new update tomorrow will be <1gb

No it isn't. It's the size of all destiny updates together. If you start the download on your PS4 it always checks all other downloadable content. In case something is corrupted or missing it will download all the content again (hence, 33gb or something). If everything is in order (checking always takes a while for destiny because of the huge size) you will download only the newest update.

WeTeHa!!! We need to raid!

FyreWulff

DocSeuss

OG Gjall was too strong. Buffing everything to that level would've made time to kill way too fast in both PvP and PvE.

No it wouldn't. Gjallarhorn wasn't exactly special in PVP, and since literally everyone was using it in PVE, buffing everything would not have influenced the TTK at all.

If a significant majority of people are using Gjallarhorn, and other weapons get buffed, the average TTK is gonna remain more or less the same, because, again, 80% of people are using Gjallarhorn. What you'd start to see is more people using other guns--a reduction in Gjallarhorn use--but TTK remaining pretty much the same.

They announced that in the stream. The raids only become available as they roll out, and then will be available whenever afterwards, but the extra drops are only when it's the featured raid.

Wait so once all the Raids roll out, only the featured raid will have updated drops? Or I haven't had enough coffee today and am reading it wrong.

FyreWulff

Wait so once all the Raids roll out, only the featured raid will have updated drops? Or I haven't had enough coffee today and am reading it wrong.

it'll have the updated usual weapon drops, but not the ornaments or the exotic elemental primaries that week. the raid challenges will also all be simultaneously activate when it's the featured raid

zewone

No it wouldn't. Gjallarhorn wasn't exactly special in PVP, and since literally everyone was using it in PVE, buffing everything would not have influenced the TTK at all.

If a significant majority of people are using Gjallarhorn, and other weapons get buffed, the average TTK is gonna remain more or less the same, because, again, 80% of people are using Gjallarhorn. What you'd start to see is more people using other guns--a reduction in Gjallarhorn use--but TTK remaining pretty much the same.
Strictly speaking of PVE.

If you buff everything to the horns TTK speed then the average TTK will stay the same or slightly decrease.

If you nerf the horn you get a longer TTK.

it'll have the updated usual weapon drops, but not the ornaments or the exotic elemental primaries that week. the raid challenges will also all be simultaneously activate when it's the featured raid

Okay thank god. I'm on coffee number 3. So I was scared to have any more.

Yeah, i know about the stupid file check, was just worried about another massive download. Even 1GB is going to be a pain tomorrow. The last DLC was pre loaded and we all know what happened when it went live (at one point i was number 1 million something on the waiting queue to start the game). Hopefully my pessimistic self will be wrong,

quick question about the new DLC tomorrow.
Will it be available at weekly reset times tomorrow and then later on the raid will be up ? or does the DLC launch with the Raid?

A ton of people did not have a Gjall. And yes, Buffing everything to Gjall's level reduces overall TTK because Gjall was not the original baseline. So buffing to Gjall reduces baseline TTK while nerfing Gjall brings the gun back in-line with baseline TTK.

Since launch, I've always called it the "Best Broken game that I have ever played". I've taken breaks here and there but I've clocked around 1100 hours into it and am still pumped for it's future. Hell I just finished the RoI record book last night!

Or maybe I just have a problem.

I've always said it's 'the best bad game I've ever played'. That being said I have cracked 1000 hours into the game over the last 3 years.

Top Bottom