• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese prefectural and municipal flags are the coolest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matsukaze

6V8Gztq.jpg
Wall Eyes aside, not a more fabulous town exists in all of Japan.

Aizo

Banned
Oh shit you live in Izumo?!?!

I was born in Izumo!
Yes, I do. Wow! That's pretty surprising. I never thought I'd see someone on gaf from here. The area around the city is beautiful. My favorite places are probably Taisha, Hinomisaki, and Taki (大社、日御碕灯台、多伎). There's also a cool 廃墟 by 日御碕灯台.
I'm moving here later this year

I used to live here

and here

and here
関西人!
Why do you move around so much in the same area?
Isn't that the smokiest city in Hiroshima?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Zheleznogorsk-Flag-Bear-Wrestling-Atom.png

One of the greatest flags ever belongs to Zheleznogorsk, a secret city in Soviet Russia until 1992 that focused on making weapons grade Plutonium.

Yes, I do. Wow! That's pretty surprising. I never thought I'd see someone on gaf from here. The area around the city is beautiful. My favorite places are probably Taisha, Hinomisaki, and Taki (大社、日御碕灯台、多伎). There's also a cool 廃墟 by 日御碕灯台.

That's crazy. I live in the US now, but I used to live in the Koryo (湖陵) area close to Lake Jinzai (神西湖).

Piggus

Neat. One of my favorite little things in Japan is that all the train stations have their own little theme tune when a train arrives.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The depressing thing about this thread is that it's made me realize we NEVER see city or prefecture flags hung up anywhere.

blamite

These are all pretty awesome. I'm always down for simplicity.

One of my favorite flags in America is the chilled out Chicago flag:
2000px-Flag_of_Chicago,_Illinois.svg.png
It's an slright flag, I've never really liked the shade of blue it uses though. Eh, I guess it's pretty inoffensive considering what the alternatives could be.

Dang what's with all the Kagoshima people here, kinda random out of all the prefectures in Japan. Sakurajima is way cool though I liked driving our rental car onto the ferry. Also good ramen. And good pork.

Dang what's with all the Kagoshima people here, kinda random out of all the prefectures in Japan. Sakurajima is way cool though I liked driving our rental car onto the ferry. Also good ramen. And good pork.

Kagoshima is the business. I actually have a house in Kirishima, but I'll take the Kag City flag over Kirishima's relatively normal one.

Aizo

Banned
That's crazy. I live in the US now, but I used to live in the Koryo (湖陵) area close to Lake Jinzai (神西湖).
That's so cool! I also lived in Shimonoseki, Yamaguchi recently. I've been all over 中国地方! 田舎life. haha
The depressing thing about this thread is that it's made me realize we NEVER see city or prefecture flags hung up anywhere.
So true.

Skinpop

関西人!
Why do you move around so much in the same area?
mostly because I've been back in Sweden for long periods in between. I'm returning to Nara later this year but this time around I'll probably stay for good in japan(my plan is to move back to Osaka within a few years though).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom