• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese prefectural and municipal flags are the coolest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

These are awesome.

YROCgRw.gif

ogi_07_32.gif

ogi_07_21.gif

ogi_07_19.gif

ogi_07_28.gif

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The municipal flag of the great city of Osaka in which I live.

Flag_of_Osaka_City.svg

Staab

The municipal flag of the great city of Osaka in which I live.

Flag_of_Osaka_City.svg

Ruhroh... that looks way too close to the Berserk sacrifice mark, I'd be worried !

I really like those designs, and the animations are out of this world, really embodies Japan well.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I want animated flags now.

Well with thin flexible OLED screens seeming to finally be a reality I guess this wouldn't be an impossible thought. Just make one that can stand up to the elements and hang it from a flag pole.

dity

I'm imagining some prefecture with a really high percentage of seniors with a very modern looking flag just sitting there and scowling at how hip and new their flag is. Scoffing every time they see it on TV, forgetting all the locations nearby because they changed their flag too, hating life because the new flag is hung uo everywhere, learning how to email so they don't have to look at new stamps with the flag on it.

Mik2121

I'm imagining some prefecture with a really high percentage of seniors with a very modern looking flag just sitting there and scowling at how hip and new their flag is. Scoffing every time they see it on TV, forgetting all the locations nearby because they changed their flag too, hating life because the new flag is hung uo everywhere, learning how to email so they don't have to look at new stamps with the flag on it.

They're not that bad, though!

Edit: I barely see these flags though. I live in Osaka city (like thetrin, who posted above) and I think this is the first time I see the municipal flag, and the prefecture flag I might have seen it but only a couple times.

dity

They're not that bad, though!

Edit: I barely see these flags though. I live in Osaka city (like thetrin, who posted above) and I think this is the first time I see the municipal flag, and the prefecture flag I might have seen it but only a couple times.

I just think it's amusing to think about Japan's aging population coupled with their ultra-modern aesthetic.

Uh...I didn't know there were individual municipal and prefectural flags. I see the Tokyo (green gingko) flag at the subway often, but thought it was just a symbol. The rest just never registered, even from the one from my home city.

Lunar15

These are awesome, and it makes me kind of sad they couldn't apply some of this thinking to the Tokyo Olympics logo, which just looks dated and lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom