• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Huge Marvel Comics Digital Sale on Amazon - lots of stuff 90% off

Garryk

It isn't. I have shelves of these nice oversized hardcovers I'm not touching anymore because of Comixology.

The double dipping began five years ago as benign "what stuff do I really want available to me at all times?" questions.

I'm currently browsing for stuff I don't have digitally.

Nooooooo!!!! Don't rationalize it.

*looks at shelf and opens wallet*

Alright Y'all,

Here's what I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on so far:

X-Men: Dark Phoenix Saga
X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills
Captain Marvel
World War Hulk
Wolverine: Weapon X
Thor Visionaries: Walter Simonson
Runaways
Infinity Gauntlet
Thanos Quest
Infinity
Marvel 1602
Astonishing X-Men
Uncanny X-Force
Ultimate Spider-Man
Vision
Hawkeye
Hickman's F4-FF Run
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Beats Up The Marvel Universe
Nextwave: Agents of HATE
The Mighty Thor (Lady Thor Arc)
Unworthy Thor
Black Panther: The Man Without Fear
Slott's Superior Siper-Man Run
Spider-Gwen

Add some more recs now or forever hold your peace. Might add more Cosmic stuff too if I can afford it.

MrDaravon

Okay can someone explain how to buy these if I don't have a Kindle as though I'm a small child? When I go to buy (1 click or not) it just takes me to a page saying to choose a Kindle device or reading application with a dropdown that has no options with it and hitting Continue doesn't do anything? I went to Comixology separately and signed in through my Amazon account and got the Welcome to Comixology email and everything so I do have an account there. I don't have a Kindle/IPad, buying these to read in a browser on my chromebook.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Okay can someone explain how to buy these if I don't have a Kindle as though I'm a small child? When I go to buy (1 click or not) it just takes me to a page saying to choose a Kindle device or reading application with a dropdown that has no options with it and hitting Continue doesn't do anything? I went to Comixology separately and signed in through my Amazon account and got the Welcome to Comixology email and everything so I do have an account there. I don't have a Kindle/IPad, buying these to read in a browser on my chromebook.

There is a Kindle app for Chromebook I am fairly certain. Definitely is one for PC to download.

I would grab that app for your Chromebook. Follow whatever steps are necessary launching it to link it to your Amazon account. Then any purchases will automatically appear in the app for you to download.

This is one I've been trying to avoid for my wallets sake. Isn't it massive? ie. expensive if I want all of the arcs?

N7OXfyI.jpg
This one is a bit outdated since newer collections have been released.

I hate everyone btw. This is gonna murder my wallet but I just got paid so it's not super bad.

Finally having a way to read Cosmic Marvel and Hickman's FF/F4 run will be amazing.

Anyone have a good list for what I need to get into Hickman's Avengers stuff (incl. Infinity and Secret Wars)?

I've already got all his Fantastic Four stuff.

MrDaravon

There is a Kindle app for Chromebook I am fairly certain. Definitely is one for PC to download.

I would grab that app for your Chromebook. Follow whatever steps are necessary launching it to link it to your Amazon account. Then any purchases will automatically appear in the app for you to download.

Thanks! I wound up downloading the Kindle app on here, but the kindle app doesn't seem to play nice with the size of these books. However downloading the Kindle app allowed me to buy them at all, and now when I go to Comixology they're all there and I can read them that way which is probably my preferred method anyway. Kind of a bit convoluted, I was expecting to be able to just buy them and have them show up on my Comixology account if I was signed in through Amazon.

Because I am a total sucker for Star Wars I picked up all of the new/canon graphic novels they had available outside of the C-3P0 one-off which I might still get out of curiosity. The haul for what I think was $43.60:

Star Wars Volumes 1-5
-Darth Vader Volumes 1-4 (entire run)
-Star Wars Kanan Volumes 1-2 (entire run)
-Star Wars Poe Dameron Volumes 1-2
-Star Wars Doctor Aphra Volume 1
-Star Wars Princess Leia (entire run)
-Star Wars Lando (entire run)
-Star Wars Chewbacca (entire run)
-Star Wars Han Solo (entire run)
-Star Wars Vader Down (entire run)
-Star Wars Shattered Empire(entire run)
-Star Wars Obi-Wan & Anakin (entire run)

Fucking ridiculous.

I did it guys.

I've ordered everything I wanted but the Ultimate Spider-Man collection.

Waiting for that gift card for that one, if it arrives in time.

My haul is insane.

But I'll be reading these for months to come. Years even at the rate I get around to things.

Worth.

*EDIT* Man the Comixology app on my 6S is so smooth.

Took advantage of this sale to finally start reading comics.

My haul based on recommendations and personal interests:

-Jessica Jones: Alias Vol 1-4
-Astonishing X-men Vol 1-4
-Black Panther 2016 Vol 1-3
-Daredevil: Born Again
-Ms Marvel Vol 1-4
-Punisher Max Vol 1-5
-Secret Wars
-Spider-Gwen Vol 1-3 (didn't realize that volume 0 was the proper start of the run)
-Ultimate Spider-Man Vol 1-8
-Uncanny X-men
-Vision Vol 1-2

Still want to buy the rest of Ultimate Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four run mentioned in this thread but I guess I should hold off for now.

Edit: you guys are making it so hard to not buy more stuff lol

Dalek

I don't suppose anyone wants to go to the trouble of linking to the Amazon pages for all that shit, lol.

Thoughts on Spider-Verse? $6 for 600 pages of Spidey shenanigans seems neat, but I don't know if it's just over the top nonsense.

Spider-Verse was a lot of fun. The main titles also had great art.

I've only bought Dark Phoenix, Weapon X, and WWHulk. The Star Wars comics are tempting, but I'm gonna need a synopsis guide (i.e. will I like it?) before buying.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Still want to buy the rest of Ultimate Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four run mentioned in this thread but I guess I should hold off for now.

Edit: you guys are making it so hard to not buy more stuff lol

Hickman's Fantastic Four & Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man are two of the greatest runs in Marvel history, cheaper here than you will ever find again.

There was this on Reddit, but some of the smaller writing I dunno how clear it is

IMG_7646.jpg

People should use this for Hickman's Fantastic Four (start at Dark Reign -> FF/F4). The other (Secret Warriors, SHIELD, Avengers) is good, but that FF portion is... whew.

Ponn

Banned
Oh wow, I actually did find something i didn't get last time. Picked up the whole Aaron Wolverine and X-Men run. Also got Civil War 2 and Death of X for shits and giggles and nabbed Inhumans vs. X-men as my freebie promo.

buy Secret Warriors dammnit!

Ronin Ray

So thanks to this thread I have about $50 worth of comics I am going to buy but I wanted to know if there was anyway to know what comics have that panel zoom. I added a bunch of samples to my tablet and they all had it but two didn't . I am really not interested in purchasing anything that doesn't have it

tim1138

So thanks to this thread I have about $50 worth of comics I am going to buy but I wanted to know if there was anyway to know what comics have that panel zoom. I added a bunch of samples to my tablet and they all had it but two didn't . I am really not interested in purchasing anything that doesn't have it

Create a comixology account and link it to your Amazon account. Read the books in the comixology app at a superior resolution and everything has guided view as an option.

error4041

I'll throw in a few recommendations.

Rocket Raccoon Grounded: A short story where Rocket is stuck on Earth and spends his time trying to get back into space while avoiding Authorities. It also gives us Rocket vs, Kraven which was an inspired idea.

X-Men: Worst X-Man Ever: Another short story about a teenage mutant with one of the most useless powers ever, and how he fits in with the other mutants when he has no real way to contribute while the book carries a fun sense of humor ragarding the relationships of X-Men

Daredevil by Charles Soule: A series that manages to come up with unique stories and situations for Daredevil to go up against, (a feat when Daredevil has so many legendary stories under his belt.) Like going against a serial killer artist, training a protege, even playing a round of poker against a telapath.

Also:
Deadpool by Duggan
Inhumans by Soule
Superior Foes of Spider-Man by Spencer
All-New Wolverine by Taylor
Kingpin by Rosenberg

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Yes, but.

You buy on Amazon's site, then link your Amazon account to Comixology and they'll all be there for reading.

A bit more work cause Apple lol.

Y'all making me want to buy a tablet...

Get a Samsung Tab S 10.5. You should be able to find one for bus fare and it's still the best tablet for comics.

BJK

Read Hawkeye bros.

Specifically, read the Fraction run & the Kelly Thompson ongoing (Kate Bishop Hawkeye). The Lemire run kinda left me flat; I dropped it a few issues in.

I'm getting the Vision run, and trying to convince myself to pull the trigger on the Hickman F4/FF run.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Just to be clear

Order of reading
F4 Dark reign
F4
FF

Per Hickman

more or less but it alternates btwn FF & F4 for a little while

follow the list people posted here

I'm getting the Vision run, and trying to convince myself to pull the trigger on the Hickman F4/FF run.

i'm gonna start a thread for a GAF read

dont you want to join us

So, bought myself a $50 gift card through Paypal digital gifts, and so far I've bought Spider-Verse and the Vision run. Bought some Spider-Gwen from the last sale, but haven't decided if I'll buy the next volume or just wait until the next time I sub to unlimited to read it (which will probably we whatever code they drop when Infinity War comes out for a free month). Right now I'm debating whether I want to buy the Aaron Thor/Thoress run and/or Ms. Marvel (that might also be something I wait until my next Unlimited sub to read again). Have heard good things about Silk, and that was another character I liked in Spider-Verse, so I may pick that up as well. I'm interested in the Hickman run, but that's a lot of money for the whole thing, and I kinda feel like I'd rather start that in Unlimited that try to start buying it all now.

batbeg

I've never read a marvel comic before. I bought Vision and Thor God of Thunder based on recommendations. I'd like to get some more grounded, gritty, and or stand alone stories if anyone has any recommendations?

Ottaro

Yall are killing me. KILLING ME.

Do we think this sale will last through Friday (payday)? It will be easier for me to justify getting a few more on friday.

I've never read a marvel comic before. I bought Vision and Thor God of Thunder based on recommendations. I'd like to get some more grounded, gritty, and or stand alone stories if anyone has any recommendations?

Daredevil Born Again (Standalone)
Matt Fraction's Hawkeye
Garth Ennis's Punisher Max Collection
Spider-Man Kraven's Last Hunt (Standalone)

chidrock

Are the Straczynski Spider-Man TPBs worth picking up? I stepped away from comics right before his run started so I never got to read them. I've always heard it was good and heard some major things happened during it. (Like the divorce for example)

I picked up the Ultimate Spider-man run the last time the sale was gong and was always wondering if I should have went for these too.

Anyone have a recommendation on which I should get to see what happened over the last 15 years? I know the ultimate version was a retelling of sorts...

Top Bottom