• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble |OT| Talent always wins

Cindro

Alright, I'm ready to go full Manjimutt on this Badanyan over the weekend since I'll have time, so I'm ready to get on that friend spirit sharing train.

Code: l3ieygdp

Let's get swirled, GAF!

Cindro

Wait a minute. Can you catch the bosses?
I believe Whisper explicitly states you cannot catch bosses.

How often do you guys have to grind? I've been playing multiple times every day since this has come out, and I've been stuck at Manjimutt for quite a few hours - and even the previous few levels I HAVE beaten, I've only scraped by with a few HP left. I feel like it's too early in the game to be hitting a difficulty spike like this. I have tribe compatibility set up and are using my strongest Yo-Kai, but the best I've ever gotten from the Crank-a-Kai is a B rank creature. And god forbid I even make a SHRED of progress on the bonus Komasan/Komajiro stage in the first world.

I almost feel like I must be missing something, but I don't feel like I'm confused at either understanding or executing any of the mechanics. Maybe I just need to pray harder to the RNG god for better Crank-a-Kai drops?

In the meantime, though, I've just been grinding level 14 over and over to level up my team. Feels bad, man.

Been a rough week with a ton of projects due (and that damn Miitomo). Sorry to the people on my list for not sending stuff, will be getting back on that Yo-kai train tonight.

Shoyz

My initial addiction wore off so I skipped the last few days, but here's my current stats:
567 Stars
925,250 High Score
Team: LV47 Shogunyan (S4), LV37 Blizzaria (S2), LV50 Thornyan (S2), LV40 Goldenyan (S1), LV40 Lie-in Heart (S1), LV40 Swelterrier (S2), LV40 Blandon (S1)

I'm trying to get the obnoxious bonus ball missions out of the way (is there an easy way?) first. Secondarily trying to max out some grindable Yokai skill levels and failing to get my hands on more Glacial Clips when I've accumulated a few hundred spare spirits.

Donnel

Neo Member
Anyone having issues with this crashing? I've been enjoying it, but everytime I start up stage 7 (Peckpocket) the game instantly crashes and I lose 1 stamina on reboot. iPhone 6S FYI

MicH

Finally got Goldenyan! Grumples was a bitch and a half to catch! Now I have four S-rank Yo-kai: Goldenyan (healer), Shogunyan, Eterna (healer) and Kyubi. Not bad!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Finally got Goldenyan! Grumples was a bitch and a half to catch! Now I have four S-rank Yo-kai: Goldenyan (healer), Shogunyan, Eterna (healer) and Kyubi. Not bad!

I've been farming Grumples for a while. Not going well. She just refuses to join me.

I need Goldenyan to replace Eterna since my strat for farming Y-coin and XP involves Beetler, Nurse Tongus, and Eterna. Eterna looks too much like Beetler.

Where can I farm Beetler for skill ups?? I must have gotten him from the crank.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I got Noko this morning! Hell yeah!
Still grinding my Lie-in and Gnomey. Man XP can be slow.

MicH

I've been farming Grumples for a while. Not going well. She just refuses to join me.

I need Goldenyan to replace Eterna since my strat for farming Y-coin and XP involves Beetler, Nurse Tongus, and Eterna. Eterna looks too much like Beetler.

Where can I farm Beetler for skill ups?? I must have gotten him from the crank.
I've actually been farming for the General's Soul (with Badinyan) to fuse with Beetler. So far no luck though :/

I think that's the evo or fusion? Basic Beetler is a damage reducer I think.
Oh right, I was talking about this guy:

FYmsIDy.png

My wife is getting a repeated crash every time she tries to play level 78 on this. Several posters on reddit posted the same thing. Anyone else have this issue or know a work around?

This game is beyond cruel. Every 5 star coin I get is a B rank monster that I already have. Anyone know how long this one is? Just made it to Breezy hills.

BatDan

Any tips on how to beat Insomni's Challenge? Stage 70 in 70 seconds or less.
I actually got close, 71. It taunts me.

EDIT: Never mind, I got it. Just went balls out crazy and tapped Wib Wobs like a mad man. No time for strategy, just spamming. It worked! Insomni and Shogunyan are mine!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

EDIT: Never mind, I got it. Just went balls out crazy and tapped Wib Wobs like a mad man. No time for strategy, just spamming. It worked! Insomni and Shogunyan are mine!

I tried forever at first. Now that my whole team is level 30+, it went a lot smoother.

Anyone hit class Silver II or III? I bought the 99 cent purchase just to get Silver I. Contemplating going for that Glacial Clip...

I just used 3 tough yokai with Quaken and that alone was enough .

Today I'm trying to collect stars and make it to 100 Yokai.

462 stars and 96 Yokai! So close to those S rank Yokai goodness, since I can't win one from the machine >:/

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I just used 3 tough yokai with Quaken and that alone was enough .

Today I'm trying to collect stars and make it to 100 Yokai.

462 stars and 96 Yokai! So close to those S rank Yokai goodness, since I can't win one from the machine >:/

I literally just got my 101st Yo-Kai a few moments ago (only have 394 stars though). Between Eterna and Goldenyan, I'm doing quite well with healing during the round, ha. I need to go back and start getting stars. I'm working on just getting through all the levels first. 152 down...

LOL

I'm going to try this. I hope it works...

I literally just got my 101st Yo-Kai a few moments ago (only have 394 stars though). Between Eterna and Goldenyan, I'm doing quite well with healing during the round, ha. I need to go back and start getting stars. I'm working on just getting through all the levels first. 152 down...

I just cleared 111, I'm missing about ten stars overall from all the previous areas now.

2 are because I fused yokai I needed , so need to re catch those lol. The others eh I just either can't do or just don't feel like attempting ( fuck 3 fever times cmon lol)

470 and still 96. I swear if I get another buhu from that machine I'm going to throw this phone.

BatDan

The fourth boss requires me to finish him with "Paws and Claws". Who has this?

Lie-In. He's one of the five you were given for free at the beginning. Unless you evolved him into Lie-In Heart, in that case go friend him.

How often do you guys have to grind?
Pretty much when I need to. Any levels with three enemies I suggest because higher chance for Noko to appear
I almost feel like I must be missing something, but I don't feel like I'm confused at either understanding or executing any of the mechanics. Maybe I just need to pray harder to the RNG god for better Crank-a-Kai drops?
It seems the coins are tied to getting some ranking. Like Five-Star coins get you B-S. It is luck what you get, but it is easy enough to earn yen via using all Soultimates in FEVER MODE. Yen pulls are better than most coins which is funny.

Hope I could have helped!

Which stages do we farm for those fusion items e.g. general's soul, glacial clip?
Anyone have a guide of sorts?
Glacial Clip is a drop from Frostina, I think. I have no clue about General's Soul. Most drops match the 3DS game.

Edit: Also for leveling up, Lie-In seems to be the most rewarding. High Gnome is just ok and Bloominoko is useless IMO.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Wibble Wobble Doc

It's shown up above, but I'm reposting. Reddit has helped a LOT in filling this out. Once it's done, I'll do an alphabetical list as well for people.

E: Got my Glacial Clip! Tip for people who are hunting rare Yo-Kai. Just restart the level if you don't want to play it. It uses Spirit, but it refreshes a lot faster than replaying the level multiple times over. That's a fine way to grind XP and Y-Money, but if you're JUST looking for the rare encounters (and have well over 100 spirit like I'm sure most of us do), that's the most efficient way of doing it.

Chopper

My friend list has become remarkably inactive over the past few days. I hardly get any spirit in the post any more.

I was at 99 spirit yesterday morning, but after a day of hunting rare Yokai, I was down to 5 last night. This morning, I only had 3 in my inbox!

I think I could do with a refresh. How many of you are still actively playing? Could I be your friend pretty please? Post your codes!

Also, "over 100 sprit"? Doesn't it cap at 99?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
My friend list has become remarkably inactive over the past few days. I hardly get any spirit in the post any more.

I was at 99 spirit yesterday morning, but after a day of hunting rare Yokai, I was down to 5 last night. This morning, I only had 3 in my inbox!

I think I could do with a refresh. How many of you are still actively playing? Could I be your friend pretty please? Post your codes!

Also, "over 100 sprit"? Doesn't it cap at 99?

I was purging my friends list every few days. Reddit is very active. I've got a core group that seems really good at sending spirit every chance it's up. I've got so much spirit now...the soft cap is 99, but it goes beyond that. The game stores your actual spirit in the background.

Add me - I play this stupid game way too much. fh1vd1bu

HomesIice

Got me some extra slots by completing those missions!
Add me too! vxx3coud

---

Stuck on McKraken, thought i had it beat until it revealed its second form :'(

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Finished the final boss and the last 2 Hidden Stages last night. I need to open the final Sewer and work on the rest of the stars. The final area is by far the most difficult, but the last few Yo-kai you can catch are worth the pain.

Downloaded Wib Wob. Is there any tip I should know while playing it?

It seems very cheerful and cute.
Well, you should try asking for some friends to add you in Wibble Wobble to help you get free plays.

And look into the abilities of your Yo-kai, there's surprisingly a depth of cool things you can do during battle.

Bowlie

Banned
Well, you should try asking for some friends to add you in Wibble Wobble to help you get free plays.

And look into the abilities of your Yo-kai, there's surprisingly a depth of cool things you can do during battle.

Ah, nice.

My code is fozg546g, hope to see y'all there!

Top Bottom