• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch: Numbani map updated on PTR, Doomfist's gauntlet stolen

Dirtbag

Curious how a Doomfist play mechanic would work. Going to need a way to close in for melee without a Rein shield. Hopefully it's quick movement

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Gonna guess that the new character isn't "Doomfist" persay but is instead an omnic built using the Doomfist gauntlet.

Blues1990

Curious how a Doomfist play mechanic would work. Going to need a way to close in for melee without a Rein shield. Hopefully it's quick movement

I want Doomfist to be a berserker or reaver type. Like a tank who passively eats some of the incoming damage for his teammates and the lower his health, the more damage he does and faster he moves. (Or just a cranked up offense type who has similar effects.) I think Overwatch has room for a character who becomes deadlier the lower his health is, sprinting around punching for loads of damage.

It's easy to balance, too, since he would be naturally poor against the likes of Mei and Junkrat.

Majine

Banned
If it's a tank, a cool mechanic would be to be able to target a team mate and switch places with you two.

Imagine that as the D.Va ult is charging

I want Doomfist to be a berserker or reaver type. Like a tank who passively eats some of the incoming damage for his teammates and the lower his health, the more damage he does and faster he moves. (Or just a cranked up offense type who has similar effects.) I think Overwatch has room for a character who becomes deadlier the lower his health is, sprinting around punching for loads of damage.

It's easy to balance, too, since he would be naturally poor against the likes of Mei and Junkrat.

This mechanic is in direct conflict with the game design that focuses on healing and low time to kill. It should not happen.

benzopil

This mechanic is in direct conflict with the game design that focuses on healing and low time to kill. It should not happen.

Eh. Widow and Hanzo one-shot a lot of characters. Hanzo can kill Zarya with 1 scatter arrow. McCree vs McCree is a pretty fast duel, healing is pointless if nobody misses. Lots of examples.

Skab

Yeah I understand that, there is nothing bad about having lore on top of any multiplayer title. But from my loose following of the game after being really into it for the first few months, I was always put off by how most of the community cared more about lore and fanart than changes to the game (which it needed a lot of in my opinion).

The games great but just didn't have the legs for me mechanically. I hope the new character spices things up as I'd love to find a reason to get me and my friends back on.

What kind of changes exactly? In your opinion, of course.

Firebrand

[UPDATE] Genius grant recipient and Numbani local Efi Oladele posts curious image on her holovid channel, declaring: "Time to get to work!"

C5ssdddU8AA3Xuk.jpg:large
https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/836320029222150144

rackham

Banned
I hope there's new maps. Oasis kind of sucks and the jump pad has such a boring use. Get creative blizzard. 2-3 new maps in the rotation would be pretty great. What better way to show off your world?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Doesnt match the paint colors shes picked out, or the little head she drew.

Yeah i'm not saying Axiom is the new hero. I just posted it for people who don't know who that is.

But the new hero omnic will probably look similar to Axiom.

qZVY98x.png

Excited for the reveal.

The world could always use more heroes omnics.

ahdurian

what if the new character is JUST the Glove?

Like, it's not Doomfist or a Omnix using Doomfist's Glove, but just a fucking Glove

Those triangles sort of remind me of the character on the right:

cfOQhCx.png

This is sort of what I'm guessing, but tweaked. The OR-15 chassis looks a lot smaller than that. Also kind of doubt that it'll be wielding the Doomfist gauntlet, I think that'll be a second hero.

Truly an enemy of Talon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba3Na0MLczY

because it sounds awful

oh cool, we don't have those here in Norway so I did not know that's a thing

Even that sounds bad though
Luci-Oh's sounds like a plural version of Lucio or "Lucy" O's, it doesn't make much sense besides being a play on words and it's not clever.

Last comment I'll ever make on the Oreo O's cereal, but I'm not a big fan of it. If I had to rate it 1-10... it's a 4/10

kvothe

Notice the 7 green thingy.

It's official: we're getting spider droid not Doomfist.

... I'm a little bothered that they're doing the same thing they did with Ana/Sombra. Is this going to be a reoccurring theme?

It's not official yet. Calm down.

PepperedHam

Notice the 7 green thingy.

It's official: we're getting spider droid not Doomfist.

... I'm a little bothered that they're doing the same thing they did with Ana/Sombra. Is this going to be a reoccurring theme?
This is a lot more innocent than that shit Sombra ARG. These are straight up world building teasers whereas the Sombra thing was a lot of carrot on a stick for a pie in the face once you ripped it down.

I don't mind them leading up to an announcement with teasers like this as they've likely already internally set a date, just as long as they never make the community feel like they can unlock it early by decoding binary.

Chindogg

I don't understand if y'all are saying he is better or worse in the update

Prepare to see a lot of offensive Bastions. His heal is now like D.Va's defense matrix. It's on right click and has a meter, and can be done while moving.

His sentry form gave him tighter shots with slightly more damage. His turret form lost headshot multipliers and have a bit wider grouping but still is quite deadly.

Biggest mark against something like this is that all future characters have to be able to fit through current game geometry.

This means all the spawn room doors mainly. And currently, Reinhart takes up about 85% of those door frames. So don't expect a hero to be bigger than him.

Thus, that Spider Chick who also happens to be in this image is way too big to be able to fit through some of the smaller spawn doors:

Rear center

Hmm, never thought about that. I wonder if Blizzard could make her fit through all the doors in the game or rework her in some other way, but yeah, I guess you're right that she seems too big for the game.

Top Bottom