• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeBison

Re: That Keita rumour.

Ralf from RB yesterday again confirmed that he wouldn't be sold this year, even for £80m as it's not worth losing him for the extra money above what his buyout for next year is.

King_Moc

Banned
Congrats DBT85!

I must admit, a part of me was kinda hoping the time of the birth had coincided with one of Liverpool's goals, but it was halftime.

Bersi

Not super excited about matuidi but tbf you can't expect to sign anyone better on the 15th of august for that price,hopefully we'll also get spinazzola and keita.

nitewulf

Congrats on the baby!

Sell freaking Walcott and Wilshere...why the hell sell Ox who actually has guts and skills?

Arsenal has so much dead weight now.

Arex

Is FM2017 good? 80% off is pretty crazy haha. The last one I played was 2011, before I stopped my self from spending too much time on this game lol.

Is there a way to update the teams to this year's?

Arex

It's great. I'd probably just hold out for the new one but if you want a data update (transfers/coaches)
https://sortitoutsi.net/football-manager-data-update

Awesome, the steam reviews are mixed so I was a bit unsure. I'll probably get the `17 as it's so cheap. They're usually incremental changes per game, so 17 to 18 may not change too much I reckon, but going from 11 to 17 should be pretty good.

I probably won't even play it lol.

MrS

Banned
Still wondering if I should even watch the clasico today. 1st leg's performance was shameful. ��
Asensio will play so definitely watch it. The kid is more exciting than Mbappe.

I expect the Napoli match to be awesome too.

faridmon

I do it the other way around. Ignore the first half and if it's still a real game after that, I’ll watch the rest of it.

I should have done that last week. Turned the TV off after the end of the first half as it was a really hit half.

Apparently everything happend in the second half

:(

MikeBison

Ronald Koeman ''I have seen Gilfy in Blue''

HNNNNNNGGGGGG

I'll watch a half of it and if its good, I'll keep on watching the second half

Koeman is such a salty old prick (not for this). Can't stand him. Great player, tosser of a manager.

Siggurdson is a decent acquisition for the bitters though. Certainly a better player than the current midfield options. Especially when you consider Barry has gone out the other way. Proven in the premier league too.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Is FM2017 good? 80% off is pretty crazy haha. The last one I played was 2011, before I stopped my self from spending too much time on this game lol.

Is there a way to update the teams to this year's?

Its amazing, I have over 300 hours on it

Get that and FM18 is 25% off too

I've never played a FM, somebody sell me on it.

It's the only way you'll ever see Liverpool win the title.

But basically, you spend 10 hours scouting, haggling and theorycrafting the best team you can during the preseason and then watch your new first team CB pass the ball back into your own net during your home opener. 200 hours later you've just won your fourth CL trophy for Leyton Orient and you're trying to pry a 17 year-old wonderkid with crazy technicals from Bayern while your finish upgrading the stadium named after you.

Congrats DBT85!

I put myself on a FM hiatus after playing... too much of 14. And now I have played too much of 17.

Liverpool are reigning PL champions. Lovren refused to extend his deal, upset that I refused an insulting bid from Bayern in the previous transfer window. And then in the FA Cup final he tore his cruciate knee ligaments, out for 7-9 months. HA!

Later, Jordan Henderson asked for a deal worth 255k pw. I countered with 170 (a substantial raise) and he angrily refused it. Then claimed I broke my promise to offer him a new contract. I ended up sending him, and 40m, to Spurs for Alli. Fans are upset.

Congrats DBT85!

I put myself on a FM hiatus after playing... too much of 14. And now I have played too much of 17.

Liverpool are reigning PL champions. Lovren refused to extend his deal, upset that I refused an insulting bid from Bayern in the previous transfer window. And then in the FA Cup final he tore his cruciate knee ligaments, out for 7-9 months. HA!

Later, Jordan Henderson asked for a deal worth 255k pw. I countered with 170 (a substantial raise) and he angrily refused it. Then claimed I broke my promise to offer him a new contract. I ended up sending him, and 40m, to Spurs for Alli. Fans are upset.

Hendo what a greedy fuck. Punish him by not letting him have the room next to Lallana on away trips.

cyber_ninja

Can't believe the greatest night of my life coincides with Liverpool winning in Europe. Disgusting.
Lol

I'm a dad lads! 8:37 last night my little girl was born!

Congrats and enjoy the ride. My daughter turned 3 recently, but to me it feels like she was born just yesterday.
As for Liverpool winning I'd say it's a good thing, because if they make it to Champions League they will struggle a lot this season because their squad doesn't have much depth.

Lashley

Congrats DBT85!

Ali is OP on FM

Beefy

Basic statement from Southampton:

"Van Dijk will not be sold this window. Soon as Van Dijk realises that he will be welcomed back with open arms. This is the club setting a statement that will help Southampton in the future."

Sorry Liverpool fans

Moobabe

"Van Dijk will not be sold this window. Soon as Van Dijk realises that he will be welcomed back with welcome arms. This is the club setting a statement that will help Southampton in the future."

Sorry Liverpool fans

Good work, stay strong Saints.

Pachimari

I always play as Real Madrid in Football Manager as that's my club but I have come to find it pretty boring since I have all of the money in the world to buy players. I want to make my experience more interesting next time.

"Van Dijk will not be sold this window. Soon as Van Dijk realises that he will be welcomed back with open arms. This is the club setting a statement that will help Southampton in the future."

Sorry Liverpool fans

As much as I would've liked to see VVD in a Liverpool shirt. Fair enough to Southampton for sticking to their guns, I mean we can't complain, we're doing the same thing with Coutinho.

"Van Dijk will not be sold this window. Soon as Van Dijk realises that he will be welcomed back with welcome arms. This is the club setting a statement that will help Southampton in the future."

Sorry Liverpool fans

Honestly? Good. Even though I would have liked to have seen him sign I'm glad clubs are standing up for themselves. If his ploy would have worked it'd only give others incentive to act like nob heads to get what they want.

He'll be back before long with his tail between his legs, hopefully Coutinho follows suit..and then fucks off next year.

Lashley

I always play as Real Madrid in Football Manager as that's my club but I have come to find it pretty boring since I have all of the money in the world to buy players. I want to make my experience more interesting next time.

Focus on youth, rather than buying players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom