• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mista Koo

That was a fantastic stream and fantastic tournament. My only worry with For Honor didn't happen so it ended up being a great choice. It's a fighting game that some of the allies know how to play, and it's the closest modern thing to Bushido Blade but more readable and accessible for the allies.
The MVP is pretty much Damiani. I have no idea how much experience he had with the game before, but both his match with Bosman and that Round with Don were the most captivating. Ben deserves the win, his fighting games experience paid off.

I like how they are experimenting with the stream format. I don't have strong feeling one way or another (they're getting the subscriber song sorted so that's nice). However the secondary camera seems way better than the default one! I would also like to see a return of the two mics setup.

Don's discount gaming was full of quotable stuff. The crazy belt is exactly what I wanted to happen. I'm glad that it has a great design for something that expensive. Oh and ketchup is the default Lays flavor here (although it's not red, neither the chips nor the packaging are).

Ok not sure what happens to the slusser cup now but if it gets fully retired they gotta send it off in some funny way in the next betting special video.
Also are they naming the belt or will in just be the betting belt?
It should be the Slusser belt, forever honoring him.

plidex

I like how they are experimenting with the stream format. I don't have strong feeling one way or another (they're getting the subscriber song sorted so that's nice). However the secondary camera seems way better than the default one! I would also like to see a return of the two mics setup.

I hope they permanently set up the secondary camera closer in front of them to show the gifts, switching to it was a good idea but it needs to be fixed to avoid the shakiness.

Philippo

Group stream delivered in so many ways.
Engaging as hell tournament, so many OH SHIT moments (Bosman the Weasel doing flip-throws, Damiani and the flying slash, Huber's downfall), gifts were amazing (A helmet? An EZA belt? you guys are crazy!).
10/10

Btw what was that thing about Kyle and insects? Was that an old joke i didn't catch?

I appreciate that the guys are open to feedback and have tried to change stuff about the group stream after we somewhat rudely complained about stuff. I hope they don't get scared away if/when this thread turns hostile again. Loved the tournament.

WarRock

I'm super late with EZA content, so here some quick thoughts about stuff from the last week (or two):

- EZA Impressions is great, keep at it
- Wild Guns is not nowhere near as hard as they made it seem. Half of the time they literally weren't doing damage since they kept spamming the blue/lasso attack. Can't believe it took half an hour to they discover they had to hold the shoot button... and then most of them kept tapping it. I just really like Wild Guns )=
- Don is a God. Discount Gaming is a top tier show.
- I really enjoyed the format of the latest Frame Trap
- Bosman doesn't know what to do with the Prove It Ticket, hahaha. You're literally doing bad game design with that =P

VanWinkle

Man, I'm not into streams, but that group stream was a blast. I really enjoyed it. Also, that secondary camera's quality looked so much better. I don't know if the primary one just has low resolution or bitrate, or it's out of focus or what. But the secondary looks so crisp and with better colors.

luchadork

group stream was awesome:

- competitive game
- game that is actually good
- presents at the end
- presents that were actually good
- dons discount gaming
- don in general

Wiggy

Incredible stream! Tourny, game, presents all top notch. Moment of the night Damiani's aerial kill.

Anyone know if there is an emote limit? I was thinking it would be cool to get emotes of all the allies alter egos in time for the next betting special. Also a banana as the universal indicator that a streams sound is working.

Dineren

Banned
Incredible stream! Tourny, game, presents all top notch. Moment of the night Damiani's aerial kill.

Anyone know if there is an emote limit? I was thinking it would be cool to get emotes of all the allies alter egos in time for the next betting special. Also a banana as the universal indicator that a streams sound is working.

I believe the number of emotes a channel has is based on the number of subscribers. At least in the past I've heard streamers mention that, maybe it's different now.

Kneefoil

Like Dineren said, subscriber emoticons are limited by the amount of subscribers a channel has. However, they could submit up to 50 emoticons to FrankerFaceZ, and then everyone who has the FFZ plugin installed in their browser could use and see those emoticons for free. They would only work on their own channel, and not sitewide like sub emotes do.

I dunno if that's something they are interested in doing, though.

At first I thought Kyle was trying to make a statement with the whole "eating bugs" thing, like maybe it was some clever political commentary to go with his Trump

But really, he just loves eating bugs. He's doing it for him

As a new listener, is there a link that explains all the prove it ticket stuff and other shenanigans that goes on in this podcast?
Don't worry too much about the Prove It Ticket stuff. The only real thing you have to know about the podcast is that for some reason in the show's entire run, they haven't found a single listener that prefers The Princess Bride over the first Shrek movie. While the Allies understand that it would be a minority opinion, they're just amazed that thus far they haven't found a single one to date yet. You can hit them up if you know someone, but they'll naturally will want to hear a detailed explanation why though. Just a small safe-guard against trolls.

Auctopus

As a new listener, is there a link that explains all the prove it ticket stuff and other shenanigans that goes on in this podcast?

Not sure what you mean by shenanigans but I'll explain the basics...

Prove-it Ticket: A ticket that is awarded at the beginning of each podcast, decided by a dice roll. Initially, the Prove-it ticket starts at Level 1 but if it is not used that week, it levels up...

Level 1 (Prove-it): If someone says something you don't quite believe or you disagree with you, you can play the ticket in order for them to "prove" their point. Usually involves getting out their phone to look it up etc.

Level 2 (Take it back): Again, if someone says something you disagree with or offends you, you can play this ticket in order for them to take back what they said (and assumingly never say it again).

Level 3 (Back me up): Same situation again, except the other members of the podcast must back you up.

Level 4 ("like" potato): A clever invention by Kyle that has undoubtedly spiced up the podcast ten-fold. If you say "like" arbitrarily, you are given the ticket. You can give the ticket to somebody else if they say "like" but whoever has the ticket at the end of the podcast loses a point for their team.

Corrections: These are corrections that people have tweeted or left in the YouTube comments regarding the previous podcast where the Allies might have provided wrong information pertaining to a game or whatever.

Love & Respect: The team answer questions or play games that have been sent in by listeners.

Rufus: Rufus is a jazz-themed Furby who can be heard playing the theme-tune prior to Love & Respect. After a recent health scare, he's back stronger than ever.

Bets & Points: This is the last segment of the show. Each week, the Allies bet on a circumstance made up by Kyle...

E.g. "I'm going to check Metacritic reviews after the release of Nioh, in the first 10 reviews of the game, how many times will I see the word Souls?"

Then the teams bet. Kyle and Jones are always the Red Eagles and the two Allies in the middle who swap each week are the Purple Platypi. The person who is closest or correct wins a point for their team and the season lasts until the last podcast of the calendar year.

Each week, you'll hear the answer to last week's bet before setting up the question for the incoming week's bet.

--------------------------

Just keep listening and you'll get used to it. Kyle does a good job of making each podcast easy for first-time listeners by explaining each segment or getting other Allies to elaborate on overly brief references.

If you have any other questions, just ask here.

Axass

The group stream was amazing:

• For Honor tournament has been the best tournament so far.
  • Don's Discount Gaming is top notch, no surprises there.
  • The gifts were great, especially the Buran, Caw Caw and the belt.
  • The idea of moving the gifts to the end was nice.
  • The second cam for gifts was a perfect idea.
That said, I'm sooo bummed by them not streaming the "EZA in concert" thing, I mean the performance part.

That said, I'm sooo bummed by them not streaming the "EZA in concert" thing, I mean the performance part.

That is a bit of a bummer, but didn't they say they would be recording it and putting it up on youtube later? And that they would actually be streaming certain segments or something?
That sounds like an okay compromise to me.

sora87

That is a bit of a bummer, but didn't they say they would be recording it and putting it up on youtube later? And that they would actually be streaming certain segments or something?
That sounds like an okay compromise to me.

Yeah, as long as they record it I'm fine with it. I'd be devastated if I never got to see it at all.

luchadork

i cant tell if making it exclusive is the point or by accident?

either way, i was certainly expecting something more inclusive for the anniversary than a paid 1 hour concert for people that live in the LA area that might be getting taped and put online at a certain point.

Auctopus

I don't really mind that I'm missing the live show, as a British fan, I accepted the fact a long time ago that I'll miss things now and then with the hope that when EZA grows, a smaller meet-up might happen in the UK/Europe.

I don't think there's anything wrong with them keeping the live show exclusive to people who come. With it being called "Easy Allies Live", I'm expecting some segments of the show to be regular EZA content but live i.e. Podcast, Tabletop or Frame Trap. I'd guess those are the segments that might be available to the people who can't make it.

I'll be more than happy with a marathon anniversary stream on Twitch akin to the 6 month anniversary.

Not sure what you mean by shenanigans but I'll explain the basics...

Prove-it Ticket: A ticket that is awarded at the beginning of each podcast, decided by a dice roll. Initially, the Prove-it ticket starts at Level 1 but if it is not used that week, it levels up...

Level 1 (Prove-it): If someone says something you don't quite believe or you disagree with you, you can play the ticket in order for them to "prove" their point. Usually involves getting out their phone to look it up etc.

Level 2 (Take it back): Again, if someone says something you disagree with or offends you, you can play this ticket in order for them to take back what they said (and assumingly never say it again).

Level 3 (Back me up): Same situation again, except the other members of the podcast must back you up.

Level 4 ("like" potato): A clever invention by Kyle that has undoubtedly spiced up the podcast ten-fold. If you say "like" arbitrarily, you are given the ticket. You can give the ticket to somebody else if they say "like" but whoever has the ticket at the end of the podcast loses a point for their team.

Corrections: These are corrections that people have tweeted or left in the YouTube comments regarding the previous podcast where the Allies might have provided wrong information pertaining to a game or whatever.

Love & Respect: The team answer questions or play games that have been sent in by listeners.

Rufus: Rufus is a jazz-themed Furby who can be heard playing the theme-tune prior to Love & Respect. After a recent health scare, he's back stronger than ever.

Bets & Points: This is the last segment of the show. Each week, the Allies bet on a circumstance made up by Kyle...

E.g. "I'm going to check Metacritic reviews after the release of Nioh, in the first 10 reviews of the game, how many times will I see the word Souls?"

Then the teams bet. Kyle and Jones are always the Red Eagles and the two Allies in the middle who swap each week are the Purple Platypi. The person who is closest or correct wins a point for their team and the season lasts until the last podcast of the calendar year.

Each week, you'll hear the answer to last week's bet before setting up the question for the incoming week's bet.

--------------------------

Just keep listening and you'll get used to it. Kyle does a good job of making each podcast easy for first-time listeners by explaining each segment or getting other Allies to elaborate on overly brief references.

If you have any other questions, just ask here.

Thanks for the write up! Should go in the OT.

Mista Koo

Regarding the concert, I feel like it will either be amazing or amazing. No middle ground.

I forgot to mention it before but I like how they start respecting kayfabe more and more with every video :p

sinxtanx

Prove-it Ticket: A ticket that is always just level one, and anyone can use it, whenever.

fixed for Kyle changing his mind again

also

Each week, you'll hear the answer to last week's bet after setting up the question for the incoming week's bet.

I kind of wish the Prove-it Ticket didn't level up so it would get used more often. I've rarely seen it in action since I started watching EZA.

MrMette

I kind of wish the Prove-it Ticket didn't level up so it would get used more often. I've rarely seen it in action since I started watching EZA.
I can imagine it is easy to forget about it in the heat of discussion. Also, not everybody likes to call somebody out in public. I don't think I would use it either.
That said, I like the prove-it ticket. It probably will get used when the time is right.

WarRock

Don't worry too much about the Prove It Ticket stuff. The only real thing you have to know about the podcast is that for some reason in the show's entire run, they haven't found a single listener that prefers The Princess Bride over the first Shrek movie. While the Allies understand that it would be a minority opinion, they're just amazed that thus far they haven't found a single one to date yet. You can hit them up if you know someone, but they'll naturally will want to hear a detailed explanation why though. Just a small safe-guard against trolls.
You're an awful person, you know? =P

Surprise Ni No Kuni II impressions show is a nice thing to wake up to.

Eh, what was the point of the whole panel being there? It was just Ben talking at them.

Guessing Bandai Namco only invited one person; there wasn't much of a discussion as more, guys react to what I just saw and fill in the gaps.

I don't really mind that I'm missing the live show, as a British fan, I accepted the fact a long time ago that I'll miss things now and then with the hope that when EZA grows, a smaller meet-up might happen in the UK/Europe.

There are people legit depressed at this lol. I can't understand it myself. It's a few hours no less, and I really don't think it's worth it unless you live in the area wherein you can make a whole day of the event.

Plus, not really knowing anything other than it's a concert helps in taming expectations.

There are people legit depressed at this lol. I can't understand it myself. It's a few hours no less, and I really don't think it's worth it unless you live in the area wherein you can make a whole day of the event.

Plus, not really knowing anything other than it's a concert helps in taming expectations.
I understand it's a community built upon watching videos and streams online but acting like you are entitled to see something live when people are actually spending a lot of money to be there in person is really not right

It's an open invitation for anyone to show up if they can, and anything important will be filmed for those who can't make it. They're already streaming every day for people, the "celebration" is supposed to be in that room for whatever party/performance they're planning.

I'm personally holding off, I already went to PSX and I want to see what else they have planned for this year (I'll be going to PSX anyways I'm sure, hopefully in Anaheim again). I prefer stuff that's either around an event or an actual activity in itself (like Disney or something)

sora87

Because it sounds like it's gonna be a lot of fun and people want to see it, people who can't travel half way across the world. It's a celebration of EZA and their first year, that's important to document, it's also nice for everyone who's helped them to grow to get to see it too. Like I said, as long as it gets recorded it's all good but I will feel let down if it doesn't or they deem the recording not good enough to upload. I wanna see everything these guys do and this sounds awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom