• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
As long as the song is from a video game soundtrack, it should be fine. The main motivation behind this rules is to avoid being flagged by Twitch. Twitch flags music that is not from a video game.

The other rule indeed says that songs have to be 15 minutes or longer. The reason for that is that a Tetris run usually takes between 5 and 15 minutes, and Kyle can only change the song in the the breaks between runs.

There is a new third rule. No anime game songs because they can get flagged if they appear in the anime as well.

PepperedHam

Going to eventually watch the whole VOD but does anyone know what time the Ben and Huber stuff starts?

EDIT: Got to that part in the VOD. Man I absolutely love watching the Allies stream this game. The game is an absolute blast to watch in general, watching Huber and company pull out Ws is super fun. Loving this game.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Wow those last few pages got a lil' bit hairy

it-crowd.gif

I guess I'm not as invested in group streams due to being in the UK, the timings never suit. I had a thought for Easy Update: Ian should do a phone-in show style episode once where he puts out a Skype number or something for the day and just talks to random Allies about stuff.

I guess I'm not as invested in group streams due to being in the UK, the timings never suit. I had a thought for Easy Update: Ian should do a phone-in show style episode once where he puts out a Skype number or something for the day and just talks to random Allies about stuff.

I live even more east. I always watch it recorded. It helps that I can skip or not watch it in one go.

Yeah I'm in GMT+2 so the only show I can really watch live is Bosman vs Wozniak on Saturday mornings.
Luckily it's my favourite regular stream that they do :)
I almost won the bet once, SO CLOSE! I think I was beaten by less than 100 points.

Cellsplitter

Neo Member
Wow those last few pages got a lil' bit hairy

it-crowd.gif

I couldn't help but read that in Roy's voice from The IT Crowd.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Lol DQ impressions I always forget this just came out for the west. Super amazing game though 3ds version was my first experience with 8.

Lol DQ impressions I always forget this just came out for the west. Super amazing game though 3ds version was my first experience with 8.
I know he hasn't played the 3ds version but it was funny how Huber disliked almost every change to his beloved DQ8. And then Ben wha has played some would try to win him over

Servbot24

Banned
Had to cancel my Patreon pledge due to trying to make some personal financial priorities :( I'll continue being a faithful YouTube viewer though and hopefully will be pledging again in the future :)

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I know he hasn't played the 3ds version but it was funny how Huber disliked almost every change to his beloved DQ8. And then Ben wha has played some would try to win him over

DQ8 is Huber's precious :-x can't speak to if anything is ruined. To me everything that I knew was added felt right. Like Morrie and Gerda(eng was Red maybe?) felt very much integrated to me and not tacked on. Like for example the PS3 version of Vesperia was way less elegant about the addition of Patty(pirate party member) and Flynn(tbf he feels more natural cause he just drops in and out). Enjoyed endgame content in 8 a tremendous amount too and I liked the new ending more than the vanilla one.
--------------
Huber going Shugoki story time on the last For Honor stream cracked me up real bad.
Don't litter your maces in the field friends you never know when you lead an impressionable youth on the path of muscled obese carnage.
Haha Ben and Huber playing No Honor.

God I love watching for Honor so much.

muteki

I largely with Huber on DQ8 3ds release. Changes seem mostly around areas I didn't have a problem with, or have little value to me. I didn't and don't plan on getting the 3ds version, though I'm glad they are making it more approachable to a larger audience.

I'd probably pick up a PS2 on PS4 release, though it would never happen.

Blugrass

Watched the recent EZA video discussion of DQ8 and I want to play the game so bad! Do you guys think Square will ever re release the game soon with visuals closer to the ps2 version on other systems?

Watched the recent EZA video discussion of DQ8 and I want to play the game so bad! Do you guys think Square will ever re release the game soon with visuals closer to the ps2 version on other systems?
Most likely option would be DQ8 PS2 on PS4 (if anyone is even still doing anything with it)

Otherwise they'll just focus efforts on the 3DS version and any mobile stuff I'm sure

Soon? No. Eventually? Guaranteed.

Of course you have the mobile version available right now!

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

I personally doubt it because it seems more sensible for them to push out DQ11 next which they're saying is supposed to come out this year in Japan.
So I think you're going to wait at least 2 years for a rerelease probably more though. So definitely not soon. Eventually though I think they would do it.
DQ8 is a timeless game that seems to age pretty well overall.

Probably part of his "creator's intent" mentality?

I rolled my eyes at every issue he had with the changes tbh. I can't help but feel the limits in the first game resulted directly from the technical limitations rather than any intended design. And the notions of risk and reward are mere byproducts, as opposed to intentional –– an adaptive preference you could say.

plidex

When I watch the streams I can't help but think that all that subscribers' money could be going to reaching the next Patreon tier. We need Trailer Jones.

Axass

When I watch the streams I can't help but think that all that subscribers' money could be going to reaching the next Patreon tier. We need Trailer Jones.

Well, at least the patron count is as high as ever (5754) and we're breaking 39K every month. I remember after the Summer there was a period when it wouldn't budge from 37K and the number of patrons was decreasing.

I think that E3 is when we're going to have the huge boost that puts us permanently above 40K.

I absolutely LOVE that "EZA Impressions" is basically Just Played. Thank you so much for making it happen. I really hope it's a recurring thing and not a one-off for DQ8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom