• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Kind of wish that they would introduce a special award for games that hit it off with all nine of them. Will be super rare but if a game can get the whole group sucked in regardless of the score I feel like it would be nice if people could instantly know about it.

diablogod

Kind of wish that they would introduce a special award for games that hit it off with all nine of them. Will be super rare but if a game can get the whole group sucked in regardless of the score I feel like it would be nice if people could instantly know about it.

Pokemon Snap

It'd be rare just for to have a game that all nine want to and get to play!

The only one in my mind that everyone might want to play is Breath of the Wild.
Doesn't guarantee that everyone will have the opportunity to play, and futhermore, that everyone will like.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Pokemon Snap

Better late then never :-x

It'd be rare just for to have a game that all nine want to and get to play!

The only one in my mind that everyone might want to play is Breath of the Wild.
Doesn't guarantee that everyone will have the opportunity to play, and futhermore, that everyone will like.

Persona 5 and Breath of the Wild I think this year would be the type of games I'm talking about(still depends on the reception they get). In the past Bloodborne definitely is the titles that comes to mind that game took over the GT office if I remember correctly.
But really who knows what else might be out there this year that could be that sometimes games hit and everyone is taken with them.

Honestly I'm just way more into fake weird accolades than anything numerical so that's part of it :-x

Bosman

GUILTY videogame man
I don't know why it's enjoyable to just watch a couple Allies walk about somewhere but it is. The main chunk of this episode reminded me of the Mandatory Update when they went down to that italian restaraunt Kyle likes (I call myself a GT fan and I can't even remember the name) and parkour'd the way back.

edit: Part of me think it might have been a Final Bosman episode now.

Marchello's! That was a Final Bosman episode; we were talking about Street Fighter V's announcement of in-game currencies. That format was 100% Ian's idea so I think we can trace the origins of the walk-and-talk Easy Updates back to that video.

The choices for this month intramural are in, and probably For Honor will win.

I hope they practice before, or for some minutes in stream.

Huber will probably win, for his experience with the game. Ben, Brad and Kyle have played it too.

Just wanna say these guys are awesome and I'm happy to be a patron. Their enthusiasm towards video games and the industry is infectious and has helped me reinvest myself in gaming as a hobby when my interest had been steadily waning.. probably would have missed out on a lot of awesome stuff from last year if I didn't follow them. Keep up the good work!!

Karu

smh

I bet y'all voted for Power Rangers too!
Damiani said it's great. *shrug* Voted for it too, haha.

My fav EZA stream currently is definitely Kyle's TCG one. Loved the first game back in the day. Great companion stream to rocking through Nioh or while playing Mahjong in Yakuza (I know, thrilling! :D)

Mista Koo

I realize that Bushido Blade might be a bit outdated, but it's the only one where they all have a fair shot ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
For Honor would be fun to watch, but honestly I would be disappointed unless Huber loses.

I've watched the Hitman group stream yesterday, it was great. I love how no one actually helps the guy playing.

Has Kyle ever played Custom Robo? I feel like it would make a great Fun Game Monday game. It really feels like it has the structure of Pokemon Trading Card Game as well.
It also solves one of the issues Jones had with Pokemon since the bad guys are using their Pokemon robos(?) to attack people not other robos.

Auctopus

Picked Wall-E i trust Damiani, plus For Honor has been in the spotlight for the last 2 weeks.

Yeah, I voted Wall-E. Purely 'cause of Damiani saying something like it had a Halo-esque multiplayer which just sounds hilarious.

For Honor will probably win but if this weekend is anything to go by then I think we'll be seeing a lot more of the game without needing to vote for it anyway.

Marchello's!.

That's the one. Classic Italian!

Axass

Voted Bushido Blade.

For Honor will be dominated by Huber, Wall-E by Damiani. Especially if they keep up the trend of not having training rounds.

Besides we're getting lots of For Honor anyway and Wall-E could still be a miss, even if Damiani likes it.

Kneefoil

Yeah, I can't get myself excited for a For Honor tournament. We're seeing so much of it anyway, even though they aren't exactly 1v1 duels.

Voted for BB.

Voted For Honor, I think Brad could give Huber a run for his money.

Absolutely cannot wait for the gunpla building stream!
After the last one I just had to order a kit, which has just arrived in time for part 2 of the stream!
Now it won't just be vicarious, such excite.

Voted for Bushido Blade. Sorry Damiani.

For Honor isn't even out yet and I'm already kinda sick of it. I think the jump the shark moment was its appearance in the Valentine's Day Huber Syndrome.

Mista Koo

Voted For Honor. But I'm wondering how they are setting the tournament up since there's no split screen.
They'll either bring an extra PS4, or they will be surprised by this fact when they setup for the tournament :p

Voted Bushido Blade.

For Honor will be dominated by Huber, Wall-E by Damiani. Especially if they keep up the trend of not having training rounds.

Besides we're getting lots of For Honor anyway and Wall-E could still be a miss, even if Damiani likes it.
Pretty much.
Blood acknowledged the lack of training rounds last time so I'm hoping they fix it this time.

Arkain

Was a bit bummed that Ben had to cancel his Xenoblade Chronicles stream last week. I usually rarely watch streams, but I have a soft spot for Xenoblade. One of my favorite games of all time (not X though, that was merely decent).

I hope he continues it someday. Considering his love for RPGs, I'm interested in what he makes of that game.

Anaithsol

Neo Member
They'll either bring an extra PS4, or they will be surprised by this fact when they setup for the tournament :p

Axass said:
Voted Bushido Blade.

Pretty much.
Blood acknowledged the lack of training rounds last time so I'm hoping they fix it this time.

Looks like they're already aware that they'll need two consoles and two televisions should For Honor win the vote going by a Patreon comment made by Kyle on the Easy Allies account.

As for Huber taking the win handily with For Honor, I wouldn't be too sure on that. He's had the most practice without a doubt, but he also has a huge tendency to go on the offensive and disregard defense which is easily exploited by anyone paying attention.

Nbz

Was a bit bummed that Ben had to cancel his Xenoblade Chronicles stream last week. I usually rarely watch stream, but I have soft spot for Xenoblade. One of my favorite games of all time (not X though, that was merely decent).

I hope he continues it someday. Considering his love for RPGs, I'm interested in what he makes of that game.

I really hope he ends up doing that video series where he chronicles (pun totally not intended) his adventure through the game and gives his thoughts. The game is so well built for that IMO

Multiple Horizon spoiler threads popping up on Gaming side, tread lightly friends.

Get ready to start blocking all Horizon videos on Youtube before the barrage of thumbnail spoilers

Budi

Just got around watching Easy Update. Liked the episode, was fun to see Jon Finger again. And loved the quick John Wick impressions at the end. I wish Allies covered movies and TV more, I guess we got the anime show atleast. Too bad I've dropped out of anime long time ago. Still need to know Huber's thoughts on Silence! Personally thought it was excellent.

You guys spelled "amateur" wrong on the Gundam stream graphic

Amatuers

EDIT: Catching up on the latest Tetris stream. I like the idea of SoundtrackBot favoring newer songs, but it definitely hurts to see the same person picked 2 weeks in a row. lol

diablogod

You guys spelled "amateur" wrong on the Gundam stream graphic

Amatuers

EDIT: Catching up on the latest Tetris stream. I like the idea of SoundtrackBot favoring newer songs, but it definitely hurts to see the same person picked 2 weeks in a row. lol

I don't like the idea of the bot favoring new songs, seems to me it should be the opposite =(

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.

I don't like the idea of the bot favoring new songs, seems to me it should be the opposite =(

The bot does not really favour new submissions. It "soft expires" submissions that are 30 days old in order to prevent "abandoned" songs from users who stopped watching the show to lower the chances for active users. All songs not older than 30 days have the same probability. And this is the crucial point: everyone can update the submission date of their song once a month with /w SoundtrackBot !song (or just !song in main chat) to reconfirm that they are still watching.

There is a discussion thread on the EZA forums: https://forums.easyallies.com/topic/432/song-submission-for-bosman-vs-wozniak/36

The motivation behind this system is this:

I agree that selection should be random and unbiased. However, there is a problem that will only grow with time: currently, the number of submission grows from week to week by ~50 songs. If that continues, we will have ~500 submissions by the end of this month, ~700 submissions by the end of next month, and so on. Of course, the rate of growth might slow down, but there will be some growth in any case. The probability for active viewers to have their song picked will reduce over time.

At the same time, we can take it as a given that there are and always will be people who submit a song and then stop watching the stream at some point. The main question is: is it fair to remove songs from people who are no longer watching, so that active viewers do not have their chance reduced by abandoned songs.

If the answer is yes, then we need some system to expire abandoned songs.

The current proposal is to reconfirm your submission once a month if you are an active viewer. This would maintain the same probability for all viewers who watch the stream at least once a month, including YouTube viewers. Everyone else will have a "soft expiry" that retains the song but lowers its probably.

If the answer is no, then we can go back to a system without expiry. But then we have to accept that the pool will grow over over time.

The bot does not really favour new submissions. It "soft expires" submissions that are 30 days old in order to prevent "abandoned" songs from users who stopped watching the show to lower the chances for active users. All songs not older than 30 days have the same probability. And this is the crucial point: everyone can update the submission date of their song once a month with /w SoundtrackBot !song (or just !song in main chat) to reconfirm that they are still watching.

There is a discussion thread on the EZA forums: https://forums.easyallies.com/topic/432/song-submission-for-bosman-vs-wozniak/36

Yeah that's cool

diablogod

Makes a bit more sense. Guess I'll just have to pop on the channel and redo a song from time to time.

ElTorro

Yeah that's cool

By the way, my song has already been picked three times(!), lol, and I swear I didn't rig the bot. So temporarily black listing winners from future song selections might make sense. On the other hand, RNGs necessarily produce weird results from time to time.

Budi

By the way, my song has already been picked three times(!), lol, and I swear I didn't rig the bot. So temporarily black listing winners from future song selections might make sense. On the other hand, RNGs necessarily produce weird results from time to time.

I assume there are restrictions for what music can be submitted, could you clarify on that. Or can I read about it somewhere? It's something I've been wondering for some time now. And didn't notice anything related to that on the topic at the official forums.

ElTorro

I assume there are restrictions for what music can be submitted, could you clarify on that. It's something I've been wondering for some time now. And didn't notice anything related to that on the topic at the official forums.

There are two rules: The song has to be from a video game and it has to be 15 minutes long.

There is also the semi-serious third rule to not submit music from an anime game, because Twitch might recognise it as music from a movie and mute it. Ironically, Kyle picked anime music during last stream, and it got muted.

Budi

There are two rules: The song has to be from a video game and it has to be 15 minutes long.

There is also the semi-serious third rule to not submit music from an anime game, because Twitch might recognise it as music from a movie and mute it. Ironically, Kyle picked anime music during last stream, and it got muted.

So it's still okay if the soundtrack is sold somewhere, as long as it's from a game and composed for it? Not licenced music. And I guess you mean under 15 minutes? :D But thanks! I might submit something at some point!

So it's still okay if the soundtrack is sold somewhere, as long as it's from a game? And I guess you mean under 15 minutes? :D But thanks! I might submit something at some point!
It's fine if the soundtrack is sold as long as it appears in a game. If it's a rerecording/arrange/etc version from a soundtrack (even if official) it is not eligible.

15 minutes or longer so it doesn't end during a Tetris run

ElTorro

So it's still okay if the soundtrack is sold somewhere, as long as it's from a game? And I guess you mean under 15 minutes? :D But thanks! I might submit something at some point!

As long as the song is from a video game soundtrack, it should be fine. The main motivation behind this rules is to avoid being flagged by Twitch. Twitch flags music that is not from a video game.

The other rule indeed says that songs have to be 15 minutes or longer. The reason for that is that a Tetris run usually takes between 5 and 15 minutes, and Kyle can only change the song in the the breaks between runs.

Budi

It's fine if the soundtrack is sold as long as it appears in a game. If it's a rerecording/arrange/etc version from a soundtrack (even if official) it is not eligible.

15 minutes or longer so it doesn't end during a Tetris run

As long as the song is from a video game soundtrack, it should be fine. The main motivation behind this rules is to avoid being flagged by Twitch. Twitch flags music that is not from a video game.

The other rule indeed says that songs have to be 15 minutes or longer. The reason for that is that a Tetris run usually takes between 5 and 15 minutes, and Kyle can only change the song in the the breaks between runs.

Oh wow, well there goes my suggestion :D I don't think there's 15 minutes version of it. But thanks to both of you! Maybe I'll get another song idea in my head later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom