• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Screen Shot Thread (56k no)

RSP

MrSardonic said:
flat n64 grass textures in zelda, geometric rock shapes...why :/

It's still a gamecube port.

But get real, Shadow of the Colossos was a great game. Even though it ran at 5 fps. I'ts just something you won't even notice while playing the game. When the game gives you a great experience, the last thing you will remember is the rock shapes, or grass textures.

Saoh

beelzebozo said:
how much are psp's now?
250?

sshhh.. dont give it away. it´s like paying $250 for a PSP and then complain about Wii price and graphics.... oh..

i love the master sword pic, btw.

RumFore

Banned
Yeah I am trying to find whats so amazing looking after reading some of the comments but they look just ok if not subpar for a new console to me. Regardless the new Mario and Zelda will be mine. Can only imagine how a new Mario or Zelda would look if they had the power of the 360 or PS3 behind them. We will in see in 5 Years I guess.

Belfast said:
Do you guys honestly think these screens are impressive, or is it just because they're Nintendo titles?

No they look like crap, as does the actual 'gameplay' (save for Zelda..maybe). So take notice, I havent been turned into a Nintendo zombie yet. Think Im gonna refer to this as 'the plague', I mean f*cking Excite Truck, wtf?

Juice

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
The fact that they're expecting you to pay $250 to play basically gamecube games with a different controller should make you even more critical.

You could just as well have said:

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
The fact that they're expecting you to pay $600 to play basically PS2 games with better graphics should make you even more critical.

vantastic

nincompoop said:
Do you guys honestly think these screens are bad, or is it just because they're Nintendo titles?
don't you mean
nincompoop said:
Do you guys honestly think these screens are good, or is it just because they're Nintendo titles?
:D
seriously they're not all that great and people are screaming "yes! i'm gonna buy wii for sure now!"

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
nincompoop said:
Do you guys honestly think these screens are bad, or is it just because they're Nintendo titles?

The latter, of course. I mean, make fun of some, but Zelda is looking great for a GC game. But then we're talking about Wii games.

Juice said:
You could just as well have said:

What a load of crap. You still think the only way to make a game more fun is by adding waggle controls to it? I can tell you Im having loads of fun with Dead Rising and OMG! Its with a regular controler! /sarcasm.

There was one extra Batallion Wars 2 screen in the latest Nintendo Official Mag. It showed a bump mapped vehicle and was one of the best screens. Kinda weird its not here seeing as though all the other screens from the mag are.

Fallout-NL said:
What a load of crap. You still think the only way to make a game more fun is by adding waggle controls to it? I can tell you Im having loads of fun with Dead Rising and OMG! Its with a regular controler! /sarcasm.

You think the only way to make a game more fun is by adding more polygons? I played Dead Rising, and OMG! it could've been done just as well on the PS2!

nincompoop said:
You think the only way to make a game more fun is by adding more polygons? I played Dead Rising, and OMG! it could've been done just as well on the PS2!

So? Wtf is your point you twit? Does the Wii have (an ugly version of) Dead Rising? No it doesnt.

/edit: Apart from that, it couldnt have been done on the PS2, because the large amounts of zombies need quite a lot of processing power Im told.

/edit2: Notice that I mentioned the word 'controller' in my post, which should have hinted at the fact that my remark wasnt pointed at the GFX. Reading comprehension ftw.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent

splintercellda_005.jpg

splintercellda_004.jpg

splintercellda_003.jpg

splintercellda_002.jpg

splintercellda_001.jpg

Fallout-NL said:
So? Wtf is your point you twit? Does the Wii have (an ugly version of) Dead Rising? No it doesnt.
Wow, somebody sounds bitter about having to pay for a $400 console with $60 games, $50/yr XBL subscription fees and numerous microtransactions :lol
/edit: Apart from that, it couldnt have been done on the PS2, because the large amounts of zombies need quite a lot of processing power Im told.
ikusagami.jpg

nincompoop said:
Wow, somebody sounds bitter about having to pay for a $400 console with $60 games, $50/yr XBL subscription fees and numerous microtransactions :lol

So you're completely ignoring my point then? I dont think you have the intellect to grasp what I was trying to bring across. So go back up a couple posts and try again.

nincompoop said:

Ok, now try adding a complete mall to that. but like I said, the gfx are besides the point. The game is 'fun'. You are implying that that isnt possible on anything other than the Wii.

yilmazz

Some Wii games are looking really good and seem much better than in earlier screens. I'm not worried at all about it.. as soon as I can get a black Wii for 200 Euro it will be mine.

Fallout-NL said:
So you're completely ignoring my point then? I dont think you have the intellect to grasp what I was trying to bring across. So go back up a couple posts and try again.

Ok, now try adding a complete mall to that. but like I said, the gfx are besides the point. The game is 'fun'. You are implying that that isnt possible on anything other than the Wii.
Your logic is quite poor. I implied that games don't need to run on overpriced high-end hardware to be fun, which is not the same thing as saying games can't be fun on overpriced high-end hardware. The fact that you had to resort to name-calling earlier clearly shows how weak your argument is.

tHoMNZ

holy shit splintercell looks great, but is it possible that its the wii version?

its leaps and bound above anything else shown here

Yoschi

RSP said:
It's still a gamecube port.

But get real, Shadow of the Colossos was a great game. Even though it ran at 5 fps. I'ts just something you won't even notice while playing the game. When the game gives you a great experience, the last thing you will remember is the rock shapes, or grass textures.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

great post :D
u are sooo right ^^ Shadow of the Colossos, one of the greatest games ever!!

GDGF

Soothsayer
Cosmonaut X said:
I know saying this is likely to bring a swarm of GAFtards down on my head, but I'm actually getting pretty interested in Project HAMMER. It's not the best-looking game on the system, but it's certainly looking more attractive than it did at E3, and the basic run&smush gameplay looks like it could be really fun.

I've been interested in Project H.A.M.M.E.R. since E3, actually. It gives me the vibe of a classic arcade game, and I want to smash things with a giant hammer. Visceral, and all that. Same reason i'm interested in that SD Gundam game. Smashing things FTW :)

nincompoop said:
Your logic is quite poor. I implied that games don't need to run on overpriced high-end hardware to be fun, which is not the same thing as saying games can't be fun on overpriced high-end hardware. The fact that you had to resort to name-calling earlier clearly shows how weak your argument is.

No, no you're still wrong. You didnt read my post well enough and probably missed the fact that I wasnt talking about graphics... at all. So this is just a misunderstanding really.

(signing off now, its 1:30 am here, need to get up at 7)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Sengoku Musou Wave
933004_20060914_screen001.jpg

Bokujou Monogatari
(Animal Farm?)
933022_20060914_screen001.jpg

The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy
935422_20060914_screen003.jpg

935422_20060914_screen005.jpg

Cooking Mama: Cooking with International Friends
933033_20060914_screen001.jpg

GDGF

Soothsayer
PolyGone said:
that Samurai Warriors game looks like complete ass and very unfun imo

what were they thinking?

It looks like that old-as-balls Konami-made katana swinging arcade game that I can't be bothered to remember the name of.

Fallout-NL said:
No, no you're still wrong. You didnt read my post well enough and probably missed the fact that I wasnt talking about graphics... at all. So this is just a misunderstanding really.

(signing off now, its 1:30 am here, need to get up at 7)
Fallout-NL said:
No they look like crap, as does the actual 'gameplay' (save for Zelda..maybe). So take notice, I havent been turned into a Nintendo zombie yet. Think Im gonna refer to this as 'the plague', I mean f*cking Excite Truck, wtf?
Clearly you are dismissing the Wii because you think the games look like crap, graphically and gameplay-wise.

nincompoop said:

Clearly you are dismissing the Wii because you think the games look like crap, graphically and gameplay-wise.

Yes, but in my discussion with you I left out my personal opinion regarding the graphics. Just get it through your head. I dislike these games mainly for other reasons. And I dislike the fact that the 360 and PS3 are dismissed as mere fancy gfx producing machines, which is utter nonsense. Now step off.

Every single one of those games look like crap. OTOH, if we consider they're for slightly better GCN hardware, I suppose they are kind of decent. Incredibly awfull for next gen standards.

I guess it's ok, though, if you are mentally prepared to get the same kind of graphics we have had for the last 5 years for the next 5 as well.

Ok guys, I was at E3 and SD Gundam G Breaker was one of the most fun games they had for the Wii. I am no fan of Gundam but this was plain fun. The screens dont do this game justice with how much mayham there is when you actually play it. Seriously

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
what's with all the wiitarded screen resolutions/AR's? Some are 2.35:1, 16:9, 4:3, 5:4, and 1:1. Shouldn't they all be in 4:3 :( or 16:9

Top Bottom