• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Users reporting Amazon is cancelling orders of Persona 5 (PS4) (READ MOD POST)

RedBoot

So they're just randomly cancelling orders then?

Seems that way. I'm not sure how Amazon handles this sort of thing, but based on past incidents it seems to be random cancellations as opposed to prioritizing early orders. (Anyone have any better info on that?)

I'm guessing we've reached the point where Atlus should probably put out a statement? Otherwise we'll just continue with standard rampant confusion and panic.

That doesn't make sense becasue it's still online for people to preorder.

True. It makes sense for the TYH edition since that one's sold out on Amazon and it's a limited item to begin with, but they're cancelling regular steelbook orders and that should be less limited. It's possible they ran out/oversold and just haven't updated the store listing yet.

akileese

Best Buy and Newegg are now sold out of the TYH edition. Best Buy shows it as available for in store pickup but you cannot checkout with it in your cart. It just removes it. I was going to move mine from Amazon to Best Buy and then this happened. The only US place left to grab a preorder is Play-Asia, who is charging a 30 dollar mark up because Play-Asia.

Hope there is no defect. If I'm shelling out the money for the collector's editions, then it needs to be done right. I'd rather take another delay.

akileese

So it really seems like the logical explanation is that a good portion of Amazon's shipment just arrived severely damaged (or not at all?). If it was a defect, other retailers would be cancelling orders and notifying customers. Aside from the one Best Buy false alarm, we've heard nothing from anyone else.

So it really seems like the logical explanation is that a good portion of Amazon's shipment just arrived severely damaged (or not at all?). If it was a defect, other retailers would be cancelling orders and notifying customers. Aside from the one Best Buy false alarm, we've heard nothing from anyone else.

Canadian EB Games is out of stock for TYH Editions, I just checked.

otakukidd

Best Buy and Newegg are now sold out of the TYH edition. Best Buy shows it as available for in store pickup but you cannot checkout with it in your cart. It just removes it. I was going to move mine from Amazon to Best Buy and then this happened. The only US place left to grab a preorder is Play-Asia, who is charging a 30 dollar mark up because Play-Asia.
They must of just did this cause I did it 20 minutes ago.

Krammy

Am I crazy or are all versions of Persona 5 gone from Amazon.ca?

I just checked after stumbling onto this thread, and all it finds when I punch in "Persona 5" is Japanese import copies from third party sellers.

On-topic: It seems like there's a lot of hysteria going around. Is OP the only one affected so far?

Guess Who

Banned
How many people have actually had their preorders canceled? Seems like most of the people posting in this thread are saying theirs are fine.

Zafir

Yeah my order of the CE was cancelled from Amazon US.

Fortunately I didn't want it anyway since the CE is coming to the UK. I only kept it in-case of a UK retailer fucking me over.

Sucks for anyone who wanted it legitimately.

Edit: It's worth noting I pre-ordered it as soon as it went up on Amazon US.

Capella

That's one possibility. I think when there have been other threads like this we've had more people with cancellations than this. Even when the emails were going out in waves.

ubercheez

I swear, if they do a last minute delay...

t6wZzcz.png

Just a joke please don't crucify me

AniHawk

i said this in the zelda thread, but it's also possible that something went down like this:

sega: okay you are capped at 25,000 units.
amazon: 25,000 units, got it.
sega: okay, it's now several months later - here is your order of 25,000 units.
amazon: okay but we have 40,000 preorders.

a lot of amazon is automated. so maybe when they were told to turn off preorders it didn't happen in time.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
With this issue, I'm less and less inclined to pre-order ANY Amazon LEs anymore. Just too many issues. For this, we do need to wait and see about other retailers, but I just don't find Anazon safe for limited pre-orders anymore... They are always the first to go. Master Edition fiasco sucked as it was :/

Socivol

Unsure about this since Amazon is still taking preorders for the steelbook edition. You would think they would take it down for preorder if it was an inventory issue.

Chris R

I just checked Reddit (both /r/megaten and /r/persona5) and there doesn't seem to be many people on either complaining. Seems like a fairly small-scale issue?

It might be a small scale issue. Amazon cancellations do come in waves though, so it could grow to more people.

Zafir

I just checked Reddit (both /r/megaten and /r/persona5) and there doesn't seem to be many people on either complaining. Seems like a fairly small-scale issue?

Maybe.

I honestly thought my Persona 5 CE got cancelled because of it being an international order. In the past ATLUS games have had weird US only restrictions on Amazon.com. Maybe it wasn't if some US people had theirs cancelled too though.

HawaiianDreads

Neo Member
I originally saw that my per-order was still up at Gamestop through the app but since you guys got me feeling paranoid I called up there and it's still on the way, so I will now leave this thread (temporary) and wish all those who were affected the best of luck.

Top Bottom