• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Users reporting Amazon is cancelling orders of Persona 5 (PS4) (READ MOD POST)

Corginand

Maybe.

I honestly thought my Persona 5 CE got cancelled because of it being an international order. In the past ATLUS games have had weird US only restrictions on Amazon.com. Maybe it wasn't if some US people had theirs cancelled too though.

You mean like before 2013/2014? I've ordered megaten games from Mexico since the second half of 2014 and never had any real problems. No cancellation mail yet for my TYH order but I know I'm still not safe :/

We'll have to wait and see. This is a really odd and frustrating situation.

Zafir

You mean like before 2013/2014? I've ordered megaten games from Mexico since the second half of 2014 and never had any real problems. No cancellation mail yet for my TYH order but I know I'm still not safe :/

We'll have to wait and see. This is a really odd and frustrating situation.

Yeah, there was a few of their CE's which never made it over to Europe and I remember being frustrated that Amazon US would never ship them to the UK.

Seems more relaxed these days though.

Maybe it's date related though instead. I ordered as soon as the P5 CE went up, and it seems a few others who ordered early also had theirs cancelled.

Steiner

Banned
Is John Hardin's replacement active or quick to respond on social media? Also, does anyone know who it even is?

William Chan. He's been much more responsive to me via social than John ever was (I know they're incredibly busy).

I'm still a bit bitter with both of them because I write for a gaming site and I STILL haven't received my review code survey. They're going to give me a f$%*ing week to review one of the longest and most significant JRPGs of the generation... =/

Sorry for the aside. I'll reach out to Will on Twitter and see if he has anything to say.

crimnos

With this issue, I'm less and less inclined to pre-order ANY Amazon LEs anymore. Just too many issues. For this, we do need to wait and see about other retailers, but I just don't find Anazon safe for limited pre-orders anymore... They are always the first to go. Master Edition fiasco sucked as it was :/

That's the take-away for me, too, sadly. I came out of the Zelda thing unscathed and still no message on this one, which makes me feel I'll be in the crosshairs next time. This shouldn't happen so frequently.

Mecer

Neo Member
time to drink bleach i guess

87Z3K1C.png

Same. Amazon Canada and my order is still fine

Same but....this is concerning. If the issue is affecting TYH and regular steelbooks it makes me think the issue is with the steelbooks (also contained in TYH). So presumably lead paint or something similar.

What an epic mess. I've rarely looked forward to a game preorder this much before. If they are going to cancel ours too, can't they at least offer a replacement when they get non-tainted stock?

Edit: Persona 5's searchability on Amazon Canada is acting weird right now. You can backdoor it through your order but it isn't in direct results, even the standard edition... not expecting good things for my TYH order...

Wereroku

Ok has there been any orders cancelled for US orders or is it all exports?

Everyone I have seen is outside US on amazon.com.

I preordered the TYH the day it was announced and my order is still fine. I would assume I'd be one of the first to get axed if it was going to be every order. Maybe I'll be one of the last instead

Someone needs to contact Atlus and see if this is an Amazon issue or a worldwide Atlus issue.

Everyone I've seen so far is talking about canceled Amazon orders, while Best Buy orders are fine.

Zafir

That's the take-away for me, too, sadly. I came out of the Zelda thing unscathed and still no message on this one, which makes me feel I'll be in the crosshairs next time. This shouldn't happen so frequently.

The problem I have with Amazon's system is the early pre-orderers seem to get screwed over more than the late ones.

While it hasn't happened with me on .com before since I don't generally order from them as someone from the UK. It's happened multiple times on the UK and the other EU Amazons (FR/DE) where later orders seem to get priority.

In one case, I had long standing pre-order for a CE on Amazon DE which was was never shipped out, on and after the release date Amazon just said there was no stock available and it would ship out when there was. It came back in stock again, didn't ship. Complained again, same story. Next time it came back in stock, I put another order in for it. The new order shipped out same day...

I really question their system.

Pre-ordered TYH on Amazon Canada. Order is still fine, but anxiously refreshing every couple minutes.
Order was placed on Sept. 30, 2016

My Amazon order is still there (order placed June 7th 2016) but I just placed a Best Buy order for in-store pickup just to be safe. I've been waiting too damn long to be screwed outta this.

gaiages

Banned
My TMY edition is not cancelled it, and I'm pretty sure I ordered mine within a day or two of the option going live.

I preordered a standard edition too just in case (ironically, I didn't want the steelbook but the standard edition wasn't available for preorder then).

Guess I'll see what happens!

I'm talking to an amazon representative, and he is saying that mine is cancelled due to UK restrictions..
Raj: Well, the product was supposed to be shipped to the London, UK right?
Well the reason this was not shipped was because of the Delivery Restrictions for this item to be shipped to the Different Country.
I would request you to buy this Product from Amazon.co.uk with the Following Link.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LE64YRS/
However this item is not available in UK too, but when it will be, you shall get the Product as soon as possible with no Restrictions

That's some high level b*** right there -____-

ZeroEdge

The problem I have with Amazon's system is the early pre-orderers seem to get screwed over more than the late ones.

While it hasn't happened with me on .com before since I don't generally order from them as someone from the UK. It's happened multiple times on the UK and the other EU Amazons (FR/DE) where later orders seem to get priority.

In one case, I had long standing pre-order for a CE on Amazon DE which was was never shipped out, on and after the release date Amazon just said there was no stock available and it would ship out when there was. It came back in stock again, didn't ship. Complained again, same story. Next time it came back in stock, I put another order in for it. The new order shipped out same day...

I really question their system.

I've seen this happen now to me and friends at least 3 times in a row on Amazon.ca. We pre-order months out and then one of our other friends will decide to place an order for a game like a week before release or last time with Horizon 2 days before release, and they end up getting their orders days before the rest of us do who pre-ordered months out. I'm hoping my Persona order doesn't get cancelled or delayed but seeing that it happened so often before I don't hole much hope.

Nothing cancelled yet. I placed my order around the time they went live on Amazon. If I somehow manage to keep both the BotW Master Edition AND the Persona 5 TYH Edition, I would be the luckiest person in my house!

Top Bottom