• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Users reporting Amazon is cancelling orders of Persona 5 (PS4) (READ MOD POST)

D-Man

I just checked and my order is still okay. I hope this doesn't affect all orders.

I ordered it the day it went up.

Well this is concerning. But I checked my June 8 steelbook order and so far it's safe. Can't believe my pre-order is almost a year old, I never pre-order that early.

Mecer

Neo Member
I'm talking to an amazon representative, and he is saying that mine is cancelled due to UK restrictions..

That's some high level b*** right there -____-

Mine wasn't even able to say that. He literally just said it was cancelled and for me to try and buy it later from scalpers lmfao

We don't have any more stock of item right now, and we're not sure when we'll be able to get more. 'd suggest checking our website from time to time to see if this item is available. If anyone is selling it, you'll see a "More Buying Choices" box on the product detail page. If it's not available from any sellers, you might see an "Alert me" link, which allows you to sign up so we can e-mail you when Amazon has stock available for purchase.

Amazon #1 in customer service indeed.

akileese

My Amazon order is still there (order placed June 7th 2016) but I just placed a Best Buy order for in-store pickup just to be safe. I've been waiting too damn long to be screwed outta this.

Same. If it gets to the week of and both are still up, I'll cancel my amazon one and keep the best buy one.

crimnos

The problem I have with Amazon's system is the early pre-orderers seem to get screwed over more than the late ones.

While it hasn't happened with me on .com before since I don't generally order from them as someone from the UK. It's happened multiple times on the UK and the other EU Amazons (FR/DE) where later orders seem to get priority.

In one case, I had long standing pre-order for a CE on Amazon DE which was was never shipped out, on and after the release date Amazon just said there was no stock available and it would ship out when there was. It came back in stock again, didn't ship. Complained again, same story. Next time it came back in stock, I put another order in for it. The new order shipped out same day...

I really question their system.

I usually get in on these right away, but yeah, I've noticed this in a lot of these threads. It really makes you wonder how they're weighting the cancellations.

Maxim726X

Mine wasn't even able to say that. He literally just said it was cancelled and for me to try and buy it later from scalpers lmfao

Amazon #1 in customer service indeed.

It used to be, but it's definitely slipping... Badly.

I think I contacted CS about a dozen times during the great ZTD fiasco of 2016.

R0ckman

XOROtcy.png

Though I do have Prime and spend a fuckload on amazon yearly

I've been wondering if they have a way to see how much you spend on top of your Prime Membership.

Steiner

Banned
Got a response from Will Chan (Atlus PR):

We’re currently looking into the situation with Amazon and will update you as soon as we have more information.

They're obviously working to untangle the wires and figure out what's going on. I'll update as soon as he gets back to me.

Chris R

Got a response from Will Chan (Atlus PR):

They're obviously working to untangle the wires and figure out what's going on. I'll update as soon as he gets back to me.

Awesome, hoping it's just a computer glitch or something and I'll still get my order from Amazon.

Preordered on Best Buy for in store pickup just to be sure though.

My brother preordered the TYH version for me as a Christmas present, right around Christmas. Hoping that preorder doesn't get cancelled, and there's really no way for me to check because it's not my Amazon account...

Haven't had my Take Your Heart edition cancelled yet (UK), but stuff like this is the reason I kept a 2nd copy on pre-order with Shopto as well - Amazon simply aren't reliable for pre-orders any more.

Capra

Steelbook here. Nothing yet on my end, and I pre-ordered not too long ago.

To be honest, I was considering cancelling and ordering the regular edition for the decal and bookcase-cohesion but now this whole thing is making me reconsider. Hm...

PSFan

I've been wondering if they have a way to see how much you spend on top of your Prime Membership.

Wouldn't surprise me if they do. That way they don't piss off the customers who spend the most with them.

I preordered the TYH on June 16, and it's still at Not yet shipped.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
E-commerce really need to fix their "close pre-order" master switch, if things are a stock issue. It would save many headaches.

I wish more companies would go the Japanese figure way of pre-orders: "this item will be open from x date to x date, and then orders will close". Never had an oversell/cancellation with them. Then they can always get an accurate number of orders ahead of time. Places need to stop leaving orders open for so long on limited items, because 9/10 times, they are too late and don't get extras in that late on.

dgco86

This is Amazon's response to my email asking why my orders were cancelled...

Hello dgco86,

There may be a chemical texture on these items that were identified, for that reason we were unable to ship. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.

You may find some great information about this here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/r.html?C=...AVBOIGA&ref_=pe_584750_33951330_help_search_1

We hope to see you again soon.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.

Best regards,
Joshua S.

Kuro

Amazon shipped the CEs next to bags of manure confirmed. I'll take that chemical texture any day for Persona.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Real question:

If it really does have lead on it, would it make you sick if you handle it with gloves and keep it stored?

Swiggins

Real question:

If it really does have lead on it, would it make you sick if you handle it with gloves and keep it stored?

Unless you're actively licking the damn thing or taking an angle grinder to it and breathing deeply, it wouldn't affect you in any way, shape or form.

Lead isn't toxic to the touch like mercury, it's only dangerous when ingested.

Top Bottom