• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump signs Holocaust memorial guestbook the way only he can

Oare

It's a shorthand symbol for the word "and."

I don't mean to be harsh, but no matter how I look at it, I can't help but think 6.000.000 deaths deserve more than a "shorthand symbol".
What kind of a hurry was he, that he couldn't take the time to spell out three letters in memory of a genocide?

Anyways, reading Trump's message, my initial, knee-jerk reaction was to make a sarcastic remark about how I finally facepalmed hard enough to rip my brain out of my skull, and thus was now in the right condition to begin understanding him on a better level.

But thinking about it, I'm actually concerned this poor man might simply be authentically senile.

He has the social intellect of a 15-year-old girl obsessed with twitter. Really surprised there wasn't a 'nazis r losers' written somewhere.

Christine

But writing it like that makes it akin to taking notes. He had no need for speed when he basically wrote a tweet. It makes it look even worse than it already is.

It's probably the only hand he knows or uses, which is a little sad in itself, yes. I'm just saying that the mixed case is practiced and deliberate rather than haphazard. It speaks to me less of incompetence than it does of ego and self importance. You might not see a need for speed, but is your time really as valuable as the few precious seconds that Donald saved for himself here?

I hate to bust on him for his 'signature', mine is damn near the same. You can make out the first letter of my first name and last name only.

His message is what is shit though.

oh jeez.

RNdXNKT.png

I mean, it's a completely different "F", so Melania probably just added that.

Holy shit, it keeps getting more pathetic the more we look at it

Acorn

Lol @ + instead of and or & on an official document from a bloody leader. His entire life is 240 character limited.

It's probably the only hand he knows or uses, which is a little sad in itself, yes. I'm just saying that the mixed case is practiced and deliberate rather than haphazard. It speaks to me less of incompetence than it does of ego and self importance. You might not see a need for speed, but is your time really as valuable as the few precious seconds that Donald saved for himself here?

Lol good points.

And i learned something new. I didnt know about that particular writing technique. So at least there is that....

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
He signed it like it was a guestbook at Disney World.

I like how he randomly mixes capital and lower case letters too.

Tommy DJ

You though it would be funny having Homer Simpson as a president... Welp there it is

Early Simpsons Homer is nothing like this. While he's not the brightest bulb, he was always a well meaning fool capable to admitting his faults and changing for the better.

With that in mind, its amazing how Trump is more of a caricature than the majority of cartoon characters. He's got less depth than the majority of multi-episode villains.

MGrant

That signature makes perfect sense for our president, Λʌʌʌl ΛlʌʌʌʌʌʌΛ.

PnCIa

This has got to be a joke. Seriously unbelievable.

Its like giving a speech at a funeral and saying: Great to see ya´ll again after so many years, have a great time and enjoy the food afterwards.

Draper

Fucking hell...

Like seriously, is reality a joke now or something? Like, this is literal movie grade antics. Am I on a prank show or something?

The guy is like a fucking caricature.

Edit:

Like, the guy literally wrote in a dismissal letter to the FBI director essentially 'Remember when u said I wasn't under investigation like a bunch of times lol'

Like Jesus, what the fuck is this timeline?

This has got to be a joke. Seriously unbelievable.

Its like giving a speech at a funeral and saying: Great to see ya´ll again after so many years, have a great time and enjoy the food afterwards.

It's worse than that. Millions of people were murdered in one of the most horrific atrocities committed in human history and he basically left a "see you all next year!!!" high school yearbook message.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Remember back circa. 2014 when we'd post silly memes and jokingly use phrases like "where is your god now?"

Such simpler, more innocent times.

He is so clueless and simple minded.

The comparison to Obama is just a very sad state of affairs, though.
The recent wave of anti-intellectualism is perfectly reflected in the discrepancies between Obamas and Trumps messages in the guestbook.

The most powerful man on earth is intellectually way below average. He is an idiot, in the purest sense of the word.

OléGunner;237890541 said:
The most embarrassing president you Yanks will ever have.

I mean, I really hope so. It's shitty as fuck to live through rock bottom, but technically there's always the worse possibility it's actually not the bottom yet.

Preezy

Fucking hell...

Like seriously, is reality a joke now or something? Like, this is literal movie grade antics. Am I on a prank show or something?

The guy is like a fucking caricature.

Edit:

Like, the guy literally wrote in a dismissal letter to the FBI director essentially 'Remember when u said I wasn't under investigation like a bunch of times lol'

Like Jesus, what the fuck is this timeline?
Like, you say like, like a lot.

Top Bottom