• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

A Nen condition to let me never have to sleep ever again...or maybe just Miss Cookie
We all know you'd take Cookie so you can get rubbed down by a corporeal Nen waifu.
Hence the condition. He never planned on living a long life, so what does he care if he shaves a few days off here and there.
I don't know if he's fueled solely by survivors remorse or pure vengeance anymore. Probably a mixture of both.

We all know you'd take Cookie so you can get rubbed down by a corporeal Nen waifu.

Ehh if I were straight maybe
*Kakyoin intensifies* But if I were to be with someone like Jolyne Cujoh, defo tho

I do enjoy massages though! Probably a Nen ability with medicinal effects that would be passed around my family

Euphony

Banned
So it's a text dump? Damn.

I liked the spoiler summaries better. At least with the summaries I wouldn't know everything that's going to happen in the chapter. If next week's spoiler is also a text dump of the dialogue, I'm just going to wait for the release because it's just too much.

Please Togashi...more revelations (and less politics?) would not go unappreciated by me

It's my estimation we are still at the very beginning of this arc. We have the setup, but several princes still have to be presented, they have to start to ally/betray/attack each other, enter in contact with Kurapica or other hunters, the nen beasts still have to play a role, etc.

We are still are perfectly 10-12 chapters away before the political part finishes and things devolve in a battle royale (if it's in going to go that route).

Euphony

Banned
Raws are out
Yeah its super text heavy.

Looks like a full fan translation isn't going to be out until Saturday too

Edit: Take it with a grain of salt but the rumor is that MS lost their source for HxH so that's why they've been late for the past couple of releases.

Grazzt

Chapter is out. Leaving Bill with the first prince assassin is not going to end well.

I don't want to see him die so soon. But he is going to sooner or later...
Third Prince is pretty cool. I like him more than first prince.
How many days worth of life has Kurapika lost during this chapter? Man it's hard to accept that he is dying.

upandaway

Politics and strategies going into overdrive. So many different motives in this mess.

Feels like Kurapika is on a tightrope right now and it's super stressful. How he handled the 5th prince's dude was crazy. At the very least he shouldn't die no matter what happens but it's rough when the other princes are more occupied with him than fighting among themselves.

I don't want to see him die so soon. But he is going to sooner or later...
Third Prince is pretty cool. I like him more than first prince.
How many days worth of life has Kurapika lost during this chapter? Man it's hard to accept that he is dying.

Not that much, let's say he won't be able to turn ET off for two hours. That's 300 days.

Something unexpected will have to ocurr for his life to be in danger. For example Woble's mother to be kidnapped.

Chapter is out. Leaving Bill with the first prince assassin is not going to end well.

I honestly don't have a sense yet how dangerous these guys are. We have come off the Chimera Ant arc where there were some massively powerful foes. Now in this arc, there hasn't really been any indication on how powerful they are. I guess people from the Phantom Brigade will turn up at some point and change the dynamic of the arc completely. As of yet, I can't see any of these people being much of a threat to Kurapica or the other hunters like Hanzo, etc...From what was stated, they are not that proficient nen uses in comparison with hunters.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I honestly don't have a sense yet how dangerous these guys are. We have come off the Chimera Ant arc where there were some massively powerful foes. Now in this arc, there hasn't really been any indication on how powerful they are. I guess people from the Phantom Brigade will turn up at some point and change the dynamic of the arc completely. As of yet, I can't see any of these people being much of a threat to Kurapica or the other hunters like Hanzo, etc...From what was stated, they are not that proficient nen uses in comparison with hunters.

Most Hunters are chumps in the scheme of things and nowhere on the levels of Kurapika as we saw when Hisoka and Illumi went on a rampage in the Chairman Election arc. The fact the princes aren't Nen users doesn't really matter because the Nen beasts themselves could be quite powerful and as we saw earlier, they're also very tricky with the whole parasitic Nen stuff.

upandaway

Honestly for the most part throughout the manga most nen users are chumps and you can usually tell when it's not one (because he'll be hyped or have a center role in the story). Hisoka cleaned up the hunter's association with so little effort. I didn't really feel that from anyone this arc, not even Tserried's two bodyguards. Kurapika can take on any of these soldiers probably

Hanzo is interesting for sure, really hope to see him in action

edit: oh whoa, HStallion we basically said the same thing

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I forget one thing about the pot that creates the Nen beasts. Can anyone use it? Could Chrollo get a Nen beast for example?

vypek

I think this needs to be spoilered.

Can the princes who are calling know who else is trying to call in to? Switch board operator lets them know maybe?

daveo42

Banned
I'm surprised anyone wouldn't like all this tense political action and revelation.

Here I thought Kurapika was getting dicked over by Shimano by connecting him to the 3rd prince as opposed to the first. Her logic is sound, but I still think she'll end up backstabbing Kurapika at some point for her own gains or under direction by another prince.

Has to be the Kakin royal bloodline

I can't remember, but was there a specific reason for that? Like the king used his own blood to active the jar? I mean, that would be the most logical if it was to be kept within a certain bloodline.

woopWOOP

These chapters are so tense, it takes me twice as long to get through them than usual

lol at that Kurapika-Shimano staredown after she connected to the third prince

Bill better not get off'd off-screen like that so easily..

Also what was that final shot at the bottom of page 13 supposed to be? Look like a wooden plank with a smoking zit

upandaway

I'm surprised anyone wouldn't like all this tense political action and revelation.

Here I thought Kurapika was getting dicked over by Shimano by connecting him to the 3rd prince as opposed to the first. Her logic is sound, but I still think she'll end up backstabbing Kurapika at some point for her own gains or under direction by another prince.

I can't remember, but was there a specific reason for that? Like the king used his own blood to active the jar? I mean, that would be the most logical if it was to be kept within a certain bloodline.
I might be wrong on my memory but I think the first Kakin king made the jar to protect his offsprings so it would be a good enough reason

Mael

The spoilers and the raws(well in a way) didn't mention how the 1st prince is viewed AT ALL!
Very interesting!
Who wants to bet that people will mistake Hisoka for a Nen beast...

wartama

Neo Member
Shimano was the MVP this chapter. Dammit Kurapika, talk to the people around you more, you don't know anything about Kakin politiks.

I really love the nen beast of the 4th prince, very chill. And poor Otio, she can now see the fucked-up nen beasts of the other princes. I wonder if Woble's beast will reveal itself to her.

And Bill won't die, have trust in the man.

Numb

I keep seeing chapter after chapter of new shit
Something is up

fry-face-[premium-bf4-emblem_1.jpeg

This story keeps getting more intense. All of the Kakin politics are really fascinating, and I love that Togashi is going fully into all of this rather than just skimming through it.

This story keeps getting more intense. All of the Kakin politics are really fascinating, and I love that Togashi is going fully into all of this rather than just skimming through it.
I think Togashi made it quite clear during Greed Island that he's willing to go into minute detail into very tiny details. I think he drew and created about 50 different cards or something.

Yonafunu

It took a while to get me back fully invested in Hunter X Hunter, but with this chapter I'm completely in again. I fucking love it when Togashi goes full politics.

Mael

The queen can see the nen beast now.
It's clear!
Reread the chapter.
Kurapika by giving him the dolphin also granted the queen the ablity to see nen beasts.

e:goddamn Fulminator

The queen can see the nen beast now.
It's clear!
Reread the chapter.
Kurapika by giving him the dolphin also granted the queen the ablity to see nen beasts.

e:goddamn Fulminator
My nen ability is to be able to see the post that will come directly after mine

Also what was that final shot at the bottom of page 13 supposed to be? Look like a wooden plank with a smoking zit

Burnt-out candle? It's definitely weird, as there's nothing shown before or after to give it context. It could be a table, the frame of a door.... it could be resting on top of the surface or hiding behind it... could be anything, really.

Euphony

Banned
Burnt-out candle? It's definitely weird, as there's nothing shown before or after to give it context. It could be a table, the frame of a door.... it could be resting on top of the surface or hiding behind it... could be anything, really.

It took me a long time of just staring at it but it's a far away shot of the whale ship. You can even see the smile on the front of the ship.

Top Bottom