• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV: Episode Prompto |OT|

Koozek

Just finished up all the Stormblood quests and saw a prompt a few hours ago that the FFXV update was ready. Game's updated. Episode Prompto trophies have been added.......but no Episode Prompto anywhere in the store.

Also looked at my Season Pass. It lists Episodes Gladio and Ignis, but Prompto isn't listed. Something's afoot.
Maybe try downloading from the web version of the PSN store to your PS4. Did the same tonight when it wasn't listed on my PS4. The PSN store's UI and search function are garbage. Try finding the FFXV DLC. You have to specifically look for the Digital Premium Edition, not the normal one, to find the DLC listed under “related content“.

Ludens

Banned
General impressions? I wasn't a fan of ep glad.

I'm not too far into it, but for sure it's much better than Episode Gladio. A lot of usefull cutscenes and audio-logs for now, the combat is fun (even if I think it should be much faster, changing weapons and aiming is very slow) and I want to see how the dlc will develop.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Maybe try downloading from the web version of the PSN store to your PS4. Did the same tonight when it wasn't listed on my PS4. The PSN store's UI and search function are garbage. Try finding the FFXV DLC. You have to specifically look for the Digital Premium Edition, not the normal one, to find the DLC listed under “related content“.

Huh. Not seeing it there either. Oh well. It'll be out when I wake up so it's no big deal.

I was bummed out about episode Gladio not being that great. This sounds better, at least from a story perspective. Episode Ignis is the last piece of DLC content for the game right? I mean for season pass holders.

Vashetti

Banned
I was bummed out about episode Gladio not being that great. This sounds better, at least from a story perspective. Episode Ignis is the last piece of DLC content for the game right? I mean for season pass holders.

No:

Holiday Pack +
Booster Pack +
Episode Gladiolus
Episode Ignis
Episode Prompto
Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades (Membership of PlayStation Plus is required)
Gourmand Set

”FFXV Episode Gladiolus,” “FFXV Episode Ignis,” “FFXV Episode Prompto,” and “FFXV Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades” will be available for purchase individually. More information to be revealed at a later date.

KupoNut

It unlocked on European PSN at midnight, so I downloaded it and quickly played through it.

I really liked this episode, never played Gladio's but this seems much better based on what I saw in a stream. Given that it came so quickly after Episode Gladio I thought it would be really short and uneventful, and I was pleasantly surprised. The gameplay was more fun than I imagined,
although the base stuff was over really quickly after the tutorial, maybe because of the chapter 13 feedback :p
Some great cutscenes, music tracks and little moments too.

Also didn't expect
young Prompto, Noctis and Pryna, although it felt rushed and was over much too fast

Only real complaint was that
the snowmobile is super clunky, especially compared to Regalia Type-D, I also couldn't find any of the quests to upgrade it to increase the speed. Also some of the controls are clunky, but nothing too major.

I enjoyed and think it's definitely worth the price they're asking for.

The Finest Brew

Neo Member

I'm assuming you're talking about the EU version? Cause I'm still not seeing it on NA.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
hdMX8tf.gif

Can't wait to play tonight. I was waiting to hop back into FFXV with the PC release but this DLC is too damn tempting. First season pass I've ever bought because I can't get enough of this game.

Golnei

The day when Aranea becomes playable (that day will come for sure) they better give her this alt costume. looks really cool.

I really like what they've done with it - it's a simple but effective take on the 'fantasy based on reality' thing, evoking the standard fantasy armour staples of capes and half-skirts in a way that doesn't seem out of place with the rest of the casual outfit it's part of.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I think my only comment is that the DLC is not as polished as the main game. Think of XIII to XIII-2.

Keinning

I think my only comment is that the DLC is not as polished as the main game. Think of XIII to XIII-2.

I don't know what's weirder, your comparison, thinking the main game is polished or your opinion which is vastly different from most of the opinions so far

Finished the DLC + extra content? Care to elaborate (in spoilers) what made you think that?

ULTROS!

I don't know what's weirder, your comparison, thinking the main game is polished or your opinion which is vastly different from most of the opinions so far

Finished the DLC + extra content? Care to elaborate (in spoilers) what made you think that?

It's more like movement of the game or how they traverse in the world. Just so you know, they're minor and not really a deal breaker
like the snowmobile goes a bit haywire when hitting the rock or when the models get slightly twitchy/flashes in a but during a few cutscenes for some reason.

The base game was one of the most polished open world games this generation. The stable 30 FPS was already a huge plus over most competitor.

It's more like movement of the game or how they traverse in the world. Just so you know, they're minor and not really a deal breaker
like the snowmobile goes a bit haywire when hitting the rock or when the models get slightly twitchy/flashes in a but during a few cutscenes for some reason.

What did you think of the story content?

ULTROS!

The base game was one of the most polished open world games this generation. The stable 30 FPS was already a huge plus over most competitor.

What did you think of the story content?

The content is solid, and should be definitely part of the main game. In fact they developed the characters here who were initially underdeveloped. This makes Episode Gladiolus look rushed and incredibly lacking.

Ferr986

I really like what they've done with it - it's a simple but effective take on the 'fantasy based on reality' thing, evoking the standard fantasy armour staples of capes and half-skirts in a way that doesn't seem out of place with the rest of the casual outfit it's part of.

Agreed. It doesn't seem out of place at all, even if it mimics her original outfit (mainly the half skirt).

I'm still thankful that SE decided to gave her pants on that lol

Keym

XIII to XIII-2? So... you're saying it's better than vanilla XV. That's great!

From what I've seen in videos, I agree with most comments here. Good cutscenes, wonky gameplay.

So we gonna pretend this doesnt look like dirge of cerberus

An unpopular opinion but I personally liked DoC very much from a gameplay perspective despite several design issues. Always felt that the concept could be evolved so if that is a step in that direction I'm all for it.

Eager to see some feedback on this one.

Secretly hoping the gamescom announcment is a PC version, that presumably would be "definitivie" or w/e and include DLC.

I'm in on PC either way whenever that happens, so it'd be great to avoid buying the DLC twice.

The other stuff up to this point has been compelling enough for me to pull the trigger on the season pass on PS4 yet, so looking forward to what people think about this piece.

Ruff

Shame that like Ep Gladio, it doesn't really explain
how they get into the situation we see them in when we meet them again. We're just treated to some short scenes of him being locked onto the rack. Guess it just strongly implies that Ardyn captures him somewhere along the way

ULTROS!

Spoilers in the end part of Episode Prompto
I didn't like the ape battle coz it was a bit long but I thought the Immortalis battle set piece was pretty cool despite it being just an onrails shooter. Hope I'm not the only one who liked it!

Ydelnae

Finally got to purchase it from the Store menu at the title screen. For some reason it doesn't show up at the regular Store and it would not let me confirm payment in mobile.

Will try and ride that type-D while it downloads. I hope it comes fast.

Top Bottom