• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV: Episode Prompto |OT|

Enthus

I ended up getting off early for unrelated reasons and I can't even play this thanks to PSN. Ah well, I'll just grind some more in Stormblood.

Synless

So, I have the season pass and it is showing up as $4.99 for me still. I didn't have this issue with E. Gladio, what gives?

It's just not set up very well. Prompto is weak so it's a case of running back and forth to the nearby shed for weapons.

I dunno. I fought one and I had fun dodging its attacks and targeting its week points, but yeah not a lot of depth here. Episode Gladio's bosses were much better imo (especially Gilgamish and Cor).

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Finally up on the store I see. As others have said though, it's not free, as it should be. I knew something was wrong when I looked at my Season Pass earlier.

It only lists

Holiday Pack +
Booster Pack +
Episode Gladiolus
Episode Ignis

Episode Prompto was removed from the list for some reason.

Finally up on the store I see. As others have said though, it's not free, as it should be. I knew something was wrong when I looked at my Season Pass earlier.

It only lists

Holiday Pack +
Booster Pack +
Episode Gladiolus
Episode Ignis

Episode Prompto was removed from the list for some reason.

It's there. Click "Show all".

SilverArrow20XX

It's there. Click "Show all".

Woops. Yeah. It's there all right.
Prompto still listed at $4.99 though.

I also get an error if I try to connect to the store through the in game menu. Tells me to try again later. Works fine if I just access it directly though.

Powered up my PS4 for this and hot damn the DS4 feels HUGE compared to the Switch i've been playing for the last few weeks. PS4 update applied and Prompto downloading, happy birthday to me! :)

This will make a nice mini-break from BOTW, i wonder how long it'll take to remember and get used to the controls again? I've already repeatedly backed out of menus by pressing the wrong button a few times, heh.

Its amazing how similar this is to RE6's jake campaign.

In a bad way

At least I amnot paying another dime for this mess so I cant complain.

uF9MjJo3QIaijySXC4iL_Confused%20Christian%20Bale.gif

Holy poop! 13GB to download, yikes! That's what i get for neglecting the PS4 for a while eh?
Oh well, Zelda it is for another hour or so then :)

edit: To clarify: 10GB FFXV update & 3GB Prompto update.

TheEndOfItAll

Neo Member
Beat it. I'm of the opinion that this badly needs to be a part of the main game post Chapter 11+

When they did that survey back in whatever patch (1.08 maybe), the thing I asked for was to make the side content more like the part in FFVI when the party gets separated and you had to choose which one to do first but eventually you do all three. They don't all separate at once in FFXV, but you should be able to opt to find out where Gladio goes off to at the time it happens. I doubt it will happen that way, though. They definitely packaged these as separate stories.

LAA

It's just not set up very well. Prompto is weak so it's a case of running back and forth to the nearby shed for weapons.

Yeah. Honestly now I just feel... FFXV isn't in the best hands. Just things that should have got really flagged up weren't addressed. Simply not having massive fun and some of it range inducing against big machines/daemons. That and it's pretty buggy, not polished so much anyway. It's certainly a step up from the gladio DLC in terms of scale and story, but not convinced with gameplay so far.

Shame because I really love the universe/characters and still really enjoyed FFXV as a whole, though don't think it fully met the expectations I was hoping for.

Just hope most of the team is working on something big, because the DLCs aren't wowing me so much so far, only really for the little story they add. I only really like aranea in this DLC so far, appreciating her more as a character.

jb1234

I can't buy it. The store claims both Gladio and Prompto are free, for whatever reason but when I try to pick them up, it says an error has occurred.

Edit: Nevermind, fixed.

Vashetti

Banned
The trophy that's going to roadblock a lot of people getting 100% in this is the Time Trial of snowmobile races.

It controls like trash.

SilverArrow20XX

Finally. Still $4.99 on the main store, but when I selected the store from the dropdown below the FFXV app, it was free. Downloading now.

tensuke

The trophy that's going to roadblock a lot of people getting 100% in this is the Time Trial of snowmobile races.

It controls like trash.
I've already given up on 100% for these DLCs, after going through and searching every inch of Episode Gladio for items and not getting the trophy for collecting every item, I'm just like naw.

Meowster

Like only 10 minutes in and this is already so much more interesting than Gladio's.
Getting the worst out of the way with Gladio might have been the best way to go around this. This is like 10x better than the Gladio mission but it probably helps that Prompto and Aranea are my favorite characters in the game.

Fighting against bigger beasts is still a little clunky at times, but other than that I really liked it! The shooting looked clunky in the videos, but it works pretty well. I just wish you didn't have to wait when switching weapons. Knocking an enemy down and using a Crackshot to finish them off felt good. Also liked how some of the co-op attacks with Aranea lead to the enemy stunning. Story filled some of the most glaring holes from the original game. Also like the environmental variety the DLC's are adding. All around this is 100% percent worth 5€, as was Episode Gladio in my opinion, but this even more so. You pay more than that for emotes or outfits in some other games...

Also the story here is.. really good so far.

It's hitting me right in the feels. I have to echo what others have said; I hope they decide to integrate these into the main story whenever we get a GOTY edition. It adds so much.

Also, and I don't ever say this, but Aranea? Totally in love. I really hope they give her a playable chapter. So badass.

jb1234

I don't know. The whole thing feels so unpolished, from cutscene direction to the combat. I also got a pretty big giggle when a missile destroyed my snowmobile, I walked my way to the waypoint and then a cutscene activated where I magically got the snowmobile back. And man, could they lower the melodrama JUST a tad? Prompto is getting dangerously close to Vanille territory with the sounds he's been making.

LAA

It controls like trash.

Yup finding that out now. Managed to do 2 though. Physics is totally crazy too.
Stuff like this just depressing to see in SEs arguably biggest IP. Quality just isn't where it should be.

Any idea where where this winged behemoth fight is too?
That and aranea fight is left.

DNAbro

It's kind of crazy how much better than Gladio's this is. Story, music, openness, and variety in comparison are so much better. Also Aranea is the best. Still in the middle of it but still good.

Joqu

It's kind of crazy how much better than Gladio's this is. Story, music, openness, and variety in comparison are so much better. Also Aranea is the best. Still in the middle of it but still good.

I'm honestly pretty annoyed by how meager Gladio's was in comparison now. Bah.

jb1234

Finished at an hour and 41 minutes. It was okay. It's more FFXV, if that's what you want, complete with jank and disappointing boss fights. I didn't come out of it feeling I knew more about Prompto because what he goes through and what we learn about him is mostly rehash from the main game. And the added story elements are mostly perfunctory, just filling in gaps in very uninspired ways.

I didn't play Episode Gladio so I can't compare the two but I can't say this is inspiring me to pick up further XV content.

(Aranea is cool, though.)

Anyone that fits this criteria could let me know if I should buy
Episode Prompto?

Your age has to between 20-30 ?
You have to have healthy life style.
You must like Resident evil 4 and 6.
You must have other hobbies outside of gaming.
You must be in a healthy relationship or married.
You must have beat and enjoyed Final Fantasy XV.

What did you think of episode Prompto?

KupoNut

Anyone that fits this criteria could let me know if I should buy
Episode Prompto?

Your age has to between 20-30 ?
You have to have healthy life style.
You must like Resident evil 4 and 6.
You must have other hobbies outside of gaming.
You must be in a healthy relationship or married.
You must have beat and enjoyed Final Fantasy XV.

What did you think of episode Prompto?

The episode is well worth 5 dollars. If you remotely like Prompto, you're not going to feel cheated and ask your money back when the credits roll.

Top Bottom