• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV: Episode Prompto |OT|

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Just maxed out my Snow Mobile. Took a bit under 6 hours from starting the game. I was AFK for about 30 minutes though.

Here's all the quests I've found and how much they're worth.

Ghost in the Snow - Goblins and Bombs - 5 CPU - Night (2)
Law of the Wild - Treant, Bandersnatch, and Couerl. - 3 CPU - Morning (5)
My Little Garulet - Rescue Baby Garula - 5 CPU - Morning (7)
The Snow-walking Dead - Magitek soldiers at the top of the hill - 3 CPU - Day (9)
Crazy Motorsleigh - Race down the hill - 3 CPU - Day (11)
Conservation Order No. 128 - Level 99 Magitek Armor and some soldiers. - 10 CPU - Day (13)
Emperor of Angoris - Kaiser Behemoth - 10 CPU - Day (15)
Buried in the Snow - Collect CPUs at the top of the hill. - 5 CPU + 7 collected - Dusk (18)
Blinded by White - Goblins, Bombs, and Deathclaw. - 5 CPU - Night (22)

Playing it now, why do I keep thinking of chrono trigger as I play this?

It's probably the clothing and landscapes remind me of the cover of chrono trigger.

DNAbro

Just maxed out my Snow Mobile. Took a bit under 6 hours from starting the game. I was AFK for about 30 minutes though.

Here's all the quests I've found and how much they're worth. I think they all spawn at specific times of day, but I can't be arsed to record the exact times.

My Little Garulet - Rescue Baby Garula - 5 CPU - Morning
Crazy Motorsleigh - Race down the hill - 3 CPU - Day
The Snow-walking Dead - Magitek soldiers at the top of the hill - 3 CPU - Day
Law of the Wild - Treant, Bandersnatch, and Couerl. - 3 CPU - Morning
Blinded by White - Goblins, Bombs, and Deathclaw. - 5 CPU - Night
Conservation Order No. 128 - Level 99 Magitek Armor and some soldiers. - 10 CPU - Day
Buried in the Snow - Collect CPUs at the top of the hill. - 5 CPU + 7 collected - Night
Ghost in the Snow - Goblins and Bombs - 5 CPU - Night

Haven't seen any Behemoth anywhere though.

Behomoth is hour 15-16 straight ahead from the camp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE-PADdDO0Q

DNAbro

DDYYcxcXcAAkd0U.jpg

DDYZryBUAAA2uQt.jpg

DDYeaeCXsAADb3f.jpg

And with that my trophy completion is back to 100%

For 3 stars above, under
1:13
1:30
1:16
respectively is needed.

Fantastic job FFXV team. Can't wait to see what new content they add to the game until Episode Ignis drops.

The Behemoth fight was piss easy, especially compared to the Magetek fight.

Does anyone know if the upgraded Snowmobile carries over to the Time Trials? Just wondering if it's worth grinding to upgrade it now or just try the trails and git gud.

SilverArrow20XX

Since I apparently have nothing better to do, I recorded all the spawn times for all of the quests. It should be the same schedule every day.

Ghost in the Snow - Goblins and Bombs - 5 CPU - Night (2)
Law of the Wild - Treant, Bandersnatch, and Couerl. - 3 CPU - Morning (5)
My Little Garulet - Rescue Baby Garula - 5 CPU - Morning (7)
The Snow-walking Dead - Magitek soldiers at the top of the hill - 3 CPU - Day (9)
Crazy Motorsleigh - Race down the hill - 3 CPU - Day (11)
Conservation Order No. 128 - Level 99 Magitek Armor and some soldiers. - 10 CPU - Day (13)
Emperor of Angoris - Kaiser Behemoth - 10 CPU - Day (15)
Buried in the Snow - Collect CPUs at the top of the hill. - 5 CPU + 7 collected - Dusk (18)
Blinded by White - Goblins, Bombs, and Deathclaw. - 5 CPU - Night (22)

The Behemoth fight was piss easy, especially compared to the Magetek fight.

Does anyone know if the upgraded Snowmobile carries over to the Time Trials? Just wondering if it's worth grinding to upgrade it now or just try the trails and git gud.

I was just about to say. He takes maybe a third of the time the Magitek Armor takes to kill.

It doesn't carry over. The time trials control differently and you get speed boosts by collecting cyrstals.

SilverArrow20XX

For 3 stars above, under
1:13
1:30
1:16
respectively is needed.

Snowglide Run is 1:17 actually. I just got it with 1:16.9.
With that I have 100% trophies again.

Slippery Slalom was incredibly difficult to 3 star. Basically required perfection and taking the proper route.
Avalanche Ambush was easy. I messed up a bunch and still had almost a whole second to spare. Just need to get enough crystals to not lose your speed too much.
Snowglide Run was pretty difficuly. A lot of that came from the fact that it was dark though. Still much easier than Slippery Slalom.

So how is it guys? Better than Gladiolus?

I would say that is a given. Story wise especially. Has a decent length for the price, some side missions to return to and an open world section.
Combat is serviceable, although I feel like with a few adjustments the fights could be more fun. (they are either too easy or too grindy)

Ludens

Banned
Any tip for the races? I'm always getting seconds less, controls are awful, physics are awful and can screw up easily, I'm hating this.

KupoNut

Any tip for the races? I'm always getting seconds less, controls are awful, physics are awful and can screw up easily, I'm hating this.

Suffer through it. The snowmobile gets me mad because they've proven they can do it much better with the Regalia Type-D. The should've sucked up their honor and delay the Episode into July with some improvements here and bugfixes, really.

It doesn't carry over. The time trials control differently and you get speed boosts by collecting cyrstals.
That is a dumb decision tbh. I need my speed and stability upgrades pls

I found going through it once or twice to learn the layout, then doing serious attempts in first person mode was the best course of action for me. Helped with picking up the crystals.

Ferr986

What are the changes of having all characters playable in the main game next year?

I can see it once ep. Iggy is released., Atleast they could do it. Hell, they had a poll about making Aranea and co. playable and that sounds harder to implement.

Just beat the behemoth.

Its worth nothing in this DLC when doing the slide + shoot move you are invincible. hold L1 to lock on, press square to roll then tap R1.

Makes everything way too easy. Especially special training with aerena.

Ydelnae

Finally 100%d this, I didn't think I would bother since I with Episode Gladio I just completed the main quest and never returned to it.

I hope they continue to improve upon this for the last DLC episode. The content was good but it needed more polish. Did anyone find every document? I got a the last bunch missing and I have no idea where they would be.

Ugh my major problem is... Snow Mobile time trials.

I mean first, the camera cant be adjusted.. ok, thats fine.

second, the camera randomly decides to change angle if caught on rocks etc and cant be adjusted. sometimes you're driving with a tilted camera.

third, these jumps man!! you land and the snow mobile just goes haywire.

May give up on this last trophy.

Ydelnae

I noticed that if you stop accelerating and moving once you jump, the bike doesn't go crazy once you land. Still, those rocks and jumps are sent from hell itself to drive you nuts.

Do you mean adjusted like moving from first person, to right behind Prompto, to further away like in the main game? Cause that's still possible via L1.

for some reason it wasn't working the first time. it does work. doesn't help the bad physics and camera though.

luckily tis is just a bonus. the main DLC i'm very happy with.

sappyday

How's the open world part? Does it feel like something that could have fit in the game? How big is it and are there any dungeons or points of interest that aren't story related?

I just read on reddit that starting a new game for Ep Prompto after beating it once opens up a photo op challenge :O. Anyone tried it?

i only found 2 spots.

The first one is at the first vending machine in the very corner, it gets a photo of prompto kicking cans. another was somewhere in the open snow section.

edit: there's one during the escape aswell on the jump.

Zambatoh

I just read on reddit that starting a new game for Ep Prompto after beating it once opens up a photo op challenge :O. Anyone tried it?

I'm still trying to figure out where that Kenny Crow thing is. I have not seen that thing anywhere.

Edit: I also found one next to the campsite where you meet Aranea. Strangely the photo doesn't quite match the location Prompto snaps it.
You can see stars in the sky, but the campfire is too far into the cave to actually see it.

Ludens

Banned
How's the open world part? Does it feel like something that could have fit in the game? How big is it and are there any dungeons or points of interest that aren't story related?

It's awful, one major optional boss battle which gives you a trophy, and stupid sides like fight 20 soldiers you can totally skip, since you can't increase your level and to beat the dlc you won't need items dropped by doing those sides, since it's bloody easy on Standard.

SilverArrow20XX

Did anyone find every document? I got a the last bunch missing and I have no idea where they would be.

They're all in a cabin at the north end of the map. In the complex where the last indoor area is. Keep going north into the woods instead of following the path to the vending machine area. The goggles + face mask outfit is also in there.

which is harder to plat,
Ep prompto or Ep Glad?

Gladio.
The score attack was pretty hard and each run was long, so it was really frustrating when you were just under. The races in comparison are only really bad because of the long load screens.
Cor was also more difficult than Aranea.

SoulUnison

Banned
Twice I've had the game freeze for about 6-10 seconds and then suddenly continue on as though everything was fine.
The first time was the moment I was hit by a missile from a mech armor, and the other was the moment I started getting off the snowmobile to fight some of those wolf things.

Then, just now, I got knocked into danger status, the game randomly gave me a tutorial pop-up on how to use items, as though I hadn't already done that multiple times in this very DLC, and the no matter how many times I re-opened the menu or waited just a little longer, Prompto was never a "valid" target for any items, so it forced a Game Over.

After finishing Episode Gladiolus I found myself not too happy with it. Combat lost all of the interesting aspects - warping and magic and replaced it with boring greatsword combat. Story lacked any punch and the interactions with Cor weren't very interesting.

Episode Prompto however was fantastic. Took me about 2 hours and included a refreshing new environment with really good character interactions and story. I also really liked the gun combat in this and started getting into it when I tried out the 1 on 1 fight with Aranea. I hope they keep to this standard with any DLC offerings in the future like Episode Ignis because this was fun and worth my time.

Also Ardyn's killin' it as usual.

Top Bottom