• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video game fashion, clothing.

This kept my head warm during winter.
Infamous-Second-Son-CE-Beanie.jpg

Delsin's Rowe beanie from Second Son,

I wear Delsin's beanie from Infamous that I got from the collector's edition. It's very comfortable and well made.

b699e84be9a8044df8d5da611edf62b5.jpg
f7245844cdbfa19edcac2358690eff32.jpg

I have that too. It's a little longer than I'd like (my head isn't very large), but it's otherwise excellent!

currently struggling not to buy this https://www.musterbrand.com/collections/metal-gear-solid/snake-leather-506

I wan't it but my money situation isn't the best right now even though I could afford it. Still I probably shouldn't buy such expensive jacket which I don't really need.

Your link just went to the main page but was it this?
https://us.musterbrand.com/collections/metal-gear-solid/snake-leather-508

I'm a huge MGS fan but I wouldn't buy something that ridiculously pricey. $549.99? Hell no. There are better ways to spend that money then on a single jacket.

How's the quality? I'm actually really digging the Joel, I'm just afraid that in person it's going to look noticeably "cheap." And any comment on fit?

It's incredibly comfy, and until recently was kind of the nicest clothing I owned (Insert Coin actually pushed me to start caring about the way I dressed and now I spend way too much on clothes). The Joel shirt I own is a medium, and it's a bit loose on my frame but fits fairly well. I'm fairly certain most of Insert Coin's stuff is bespoke, which doesn't inherently mean quality, but in this case it shows in a good way.

So subtle that I don't get them

:(

Hah, Joel's original shirt from TLOU and the jumper Aiden Pearce wears in Watch Dogs.

Skux

This is overkill:
zrVl6H2.jpg

But this id wear easy:
mriT8RD.jpg

^ The best video game clothes don't scream "video games". I'm sure some of us would love to look like a Final Fantasy character but you have to tone it down because you're not in the video game, you're in the real world.

i rock this track jacket pretty often when i am out. i always get compliments on it or lots of questions as to where "raccoon city" is or what the "bsaa" are. got the jacket from express and the patches from various locations and just sewed them on.

ChapDDR

Neo Member
I was using KOFs black shirts in my youth, not oficial ones of course

Where do you get that shirt

Meatbun :)

Meatbun t-shirts are are the only game-related shirts I wear but I have quite a lot. (7 or so) How ever, you can't really recognize them as gameshirts unless you know a lot about that certain game it's portaying.

chrono01

I'm not the most stylish of individuals, but I did purchase a replica jacket from a certain series [Super Danganronpa 2], simply because I loved the design and it was pretty understated. You wouldn't really think/know it were even videogame-related, not unless you're a fan. It's actually pretty well-made and comfortable. It's not exactly the warmest of jackets, but it's fine for warm-to-slightly chillier weather. Being in Canada, I'm used to the cold anyway. :/

Front:

0PDVKFU.jpg

Back:

wEuxNDo.jpg

Duraigo

Been wearing this
9aff144b099ddbbda63a948dc8d3c305.jpg

With this as an undershirt:
0zc8r88f4VyfYcnN3e2_Bg37W2w7uhoLMd5dKsJK6oHmyGWaTlzcjuOgm07Oy2x24I3kRfjujYPw0YK4ioiXduJW0uaDtyYWnNkEix-9G0K-EDdHQXcd4f54WgdQMIX6GA=s426

And I've just started using bag to carry books around for college
tumblr_n8xfffi5Wc1riwt83o2_r1_500.jpg

Best part about the bag is that someone actually stopped me about it, and we ended up talking about Fallout for a few minutes.

Pila

I have this one but in green (and few more):

unique-clothes.com-Monster-Hunter-31.jpg

There is nice and "sober" stuff to wear out there, imo.

openrob

I have a brown leather jacket I used to cosplay Ryo hazuki, but it was also just a brown leather jacket.

P.s. can't have a VG fashion thread and not mention:
maxresdefault.jpg

WiiU_Splatoon_011415_Plaza_Scrn02.jpg

Softgels

Banned
I could fucks with some Metal Gear shirts, but dang, why are video game shirts so embarrassing and bad? I'd avoid all these people in these pictures IRL, tbh.

EloKa

I own several gaming related shirts, but none has has a game / publisher brand on it.
These 2 are propably the easiest shirts to recognize, everything else is more subtile (or event related) or hand-signed esport jerseys

And yeah, I don't feel bad for owning such stuff
sticker,375x360.u1.png
PUDGE_T-SHIRT.png

SigSig

Since the discussion has long strayed from the OP:
As long as it isn't a t-shirt with "witty gamer humor" or one of those cringey over-the-top hoodies, literally nobody cares.
Graphic tees are a thing. Everybody wears them. People won't look at your shirt, think hard about whether it's illustration is from a comic, tv show, animu, videogame... and ridicule you based on it's orgin.
People don't care about your t-shirt. In reallife, you won't be made fun of for your Pokémon shirt. If you are, you would have been made fun of even if your t-shirt was plain grey.
You don't need to "hide your powerlevel", nobody cares about your powerlevel.

On topic:
Nope, no influences for me. Video game fashion still has a long way to go, right now it is the one being influenced. There is hardly anything original which isn't JRPG-tier shit.

Acinixys

I have to agree with the sentiment that "gamer" tees are tacky as hell and make me cringe

If its a subtle nod to a game that only other MASSIVE dorks witll get then its ok

Something like this for example

ABD67oJh.jpg

Id had people ask where they can buy said rum

Good stuff

I've got a few gaming related shirt but they are all simple logos that most people wouldnt get unless your a fan of the game. eg. black mesa logo, fox hound logo.

However i cant stand the crossover style shirts. I don't know what it is about them but they somehow infuriate me :p

DOWN

Banned
You're an adult posting on a video game forum. Sorry bud, you're one of us.

Best not judge others by silly things like clothing.

The biggest issue I take with it is that none of it is flattering or appropriate in regular settings. And video games are mainstream. Everyone judges, it's part of how the brain functions.

Rupe

Neo Member
I don't use clothes from the characters, because that kind of merchandise is usually pretty expensive. But I like wearing graphic tees... For example I've been wearing these for a few months now.

Groof

Never been inspired by a video game character really, but I have a few t shirts from uniqlo with mgs and monster hunter designs I wear at home. Nice sleepwear.

Top Bottom