• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Koji Igarashi's Castlevania successor be revealed this Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
Konami only knows how to kill, unfortunately.

Edit: Unless it's Pachinko. Maria Renard x Alucard pachinko. With blue balls.

EVH

So I watched the IGA plays SOTN video fr gamasutra and it is cool to see him talking about stuff that was plammed but not included at the end.

For example that Alucard had a room at the top of Outer Wall that you could buy furniture for and decorate yourself. This is a nice detail or maybw a hint of one of his extras for the new game.

Also was funny to know that he likes a lot the Lost Painting song of the game. If I remember correctly that is the song that plays in 80% of the fucking inverted castle. Ended up hating it.

And I agree with him that the nova skeletons are the most annoying enemies ever.

OnPoint

Has Konami literally done anything related to the original timeline since the reboot? I know Cox tried to compare LoS to Ultimate Marvel when trying to appease older school fans who weren't having any of it, but Marvel didn't shelf the original comics when they started Ultimate.

Cox is an idiot for that comparison. I believe Ultimate was originally designed to draw new readers in who weren't interested in chasing and learning the old convoluted continuity and 50+ years of history for some books, and also update the stories for modern times. It was never meant to replace the original Marvel cannon as far as I know.

LoS was a reboot, thick and through. He pretty much either just lied, or Konami had plans to support both storylines and just never did. I would guess the former is the truth, but it's just a guess.

OmegaDL50

You guys want some awesome Castlevania music to listen to while you wait.

Check out a website from a buddy of mine Goat.

He recreated the entirety of the Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse soundtrack in heavy rock arrangements several years ago, under an entire Fan Album called "Unchosen Paths"

Notable track is The Scourge of 1691 which contains the entirety of Castlevania 1 soundtrack in a single medley.

http://castlegoat.blogspot.com/p/unchosen-paths-is-guitar-driven-tribute.html

Download, listen, add to your MP3 library. But most of importantly. Enjoy!

While the video and alot of the page is beautiful, the concept art thing does worry me. Plus I wish her design was a little less uguu.

I know I'm all over those fan art goals/ challenges, I really dig that.

graffix13

I'm in.

1271010043_jump-in-the-car.gif

Santar

Article about the game up at kotaku
"The goal is to put it on PC, Mac, Linux, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4, and it’ll require funding beyond the Kickstarter to make that happen—if that’s going to happen. "
Seems kinda weird to have people kickstart something that might not happen.

Kudo

Seeing as there is no gameplay on the kickstarter I'd assume we won't see any gameplay in the stream, just 8 hours of talking about the game?
Concept art looks cool, will pledge at least enough for physical once we see some gameplay to make sure MN9 doesn't happen.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
March 2017 huh? Also, Iga sure knows people were willing to pledge a lot for this, base game is $28!

Arkeband

Banned
The David Hayter stretch goal is hilarious. IGA has a pretty good understanding of what will get internet gamers to part with their money...

I can't wait for people to cry that the gameplay won't look like the concept art ala Mighty No.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom