• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Alpha leaks

thejpfin

Go to hell EA and fuck you DICE. I hope your offices get flooded.

That's not very nice you know. Its just a videogame.

My first impression: "PZZT NDA PZZT"
Sorry, not gonna say a thing. We'll see if DICE removes or changes NDA rules after alpha, prolly not.

KKRT00

Its very debatable. Skyrim sold well over 20 million copies. Fallout mightn't match that but it will have mad sales. BF3 would have to be one of the best-selling games of all time to beat it.

BF 3 sold 15m copies in like 8 months and this is Star Wars game that coming out just before the new movie.

KHlover

Banned
Its very debatable. Skyrim sold well over 20 million copies. Fallout mightn't match that but it will have mad sales. BF3 would have to be one of the best-selling games of all time to beat it.

1. This is a Star Wars game made by DICE, it has at least a decent shot at that if the game is any good.

2. You can't just extrapolate from Skyrim sales. For example: Fallout New Vegas has almost 4Mil sales on steam while Skyrim has 9 million. TES is way more popular than FO

bigDave

vader.jpg

Yoday

Its strange to me that they're only having a closed beta on PC when they have Sony promotion, you'd think Sony would jump on that.
This is a technical test that is specifically being used to test how the game runs on a wide range of PCs, not a server test. I'm sure there will eventually be a Beta on all platforms.

xBladeM6x

I love that some of these streamers are dumb enough to actually put the name of the game they're playing in the title. It's like they're begging to be banned.

killercow

There's no squads in this game right? What is the "Partner Start" selection in the menu after you die in MP?

The "squad" is replaced by a buddy system. You're paired with another player and you can spawn on his location. I think you also share some powerups/things.

HelloMeow

It looks like the contols for the fighters are simplified. Like it's just up/down and left/right, instead of pitch roll yaw.

Disappointing.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
VKldeTA.png

Pretty sure that's a Mon Cal Cruiser on the left, aka Ackbars ship.

That's a Mon Calimari MC80 Liberty class cruiser, a somewhat standard type and pretty commonly used for Star Wars games and space stuff. Ackbars ship was Home One class which was a longer thinner version without the wings that was much rarer. So no, that isn't the same ship, which means Home One will be used for something else.

Top Bottom