• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Alpha leaks

RulkezX

Hope some decent play gets leaked. Everything I've been able to see from this alpha or e3s gameplay looked really dull from a gaming perspective. I want to believe it's because the players weren't so great and no one knows what to do.

Well no one is PTFO in the Alpha either tbh, but I've found it anything but dull so far.

YMMV of course.

So the star wars music plays through a match? Interesting.

The sound is incredible mate , from the Movie score to being in a trench and hearing the A Wing hum as it zooms over your head. I'm not gonna lie , I was fanboying out.

shanafan

Battlefront will Destroy everything in sales. I really dont think even COD BO3 got a chance this year.

I am super hyped for both, but with BO3 hitting 4 consoles and PC this Fall, it will still outsell every other FPS this holiday season. Battlefront should do well, but nowhere near COD numbers.

Fans love the BO series, and that should help their sales as well.

I didn't see him kill anyone I think?

Yoday

Well no one is PTFO in the Alpha either tbh, but I've found it anything but dull so far.

YMMV of course.

The sound is incredible mate , from the Movie score to being in a trench and hearing the A Wing hum as it zooms over your head. I'm not gonna lie , I was fanboying out.
A wing? I need to get home and play this NOW! That is my favorite vehicle in the entire saga.

phant0m

Minimum specs are

CPU: Quad Core CPU e.g. Intel Core i5-2300 @ 2.8 GHz or AMD Phenom II x4 955 @ 3.2 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz
• RAM: 6 GB
• OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8/8.1 (64-bit operating system required)
• Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 or AMD Radeon HD 7970 with 2 GB of Video Memory

Wow, wouldn't even run on my 670? Game doesn't even look that good. Metro LL is a much better looking game and runs great. Guess I'll be getting this on PS4.

RulkezX

With the release in November, I'm quite confident they will. And it could be like hardline last year, with the beta immediately available.

I'd be shocked if there wasn't a BETA for PC/X1/PS4 at Gamescom.

I'm pretty sure this Alpha is for them to get stuff squared away before they let the masses loose on it next month.

Ark

I'd expect a beta to hit in September, but a beta in August to coincide with Gamescom would make a lot of sense too.

The effects work is just so on the spot. The shadowing, shading, etc... on top of how they are done with particles makes them look like star wars move effects... and not just your everyday explosion. Very well done.
Awesome, downloading :D

If you want to PM me some stuff, I totally would not hate you.

Spookie

That looks incredibly dull. I feel out of touch with this game, I normally like shooters but nothing appealing. :/

Minimum specs are

CPU: Quad Core CPU e.g. Intel Core i5-2300 @ 2.8 GHz or AMD Phenom II x4 955 @ 3.2 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz
• RAM: 6 GB
• OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8/8.1 (64-bit operating system required)
• Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 or AMD Radeon HD 7970 with 2 GB of Video Memory

s

Damn...well there goes my hopes of my 660TI running this ;~;

How to get in the Alpha/Beta ?

For the last time people. This is a ALPHA. A alpha and a beta are two different things.

You cant get into the Alpha. If you got no invite, than you are not in. Its a dumb system, but sadly how it happened.

A Beta is most likely going to happen after gamescom.

I really don't like the idea of vehicles being power ups.. If you can't enter the ships in the Hoth hanger then that's going to be a major deal breaker for me.

For the last time people. This is a ALPHA. A alpha and a beta are two different things.

You cant get into the Alpha. If you got no invite, than you are not in. Its a dumb system, but sadly how it happened.

A Beta is most likely going to happen after gamescom.

I know it is an alpha, but the videos here were confusing beacsue they said it is beta: http://www.pcgamer.com/star-wars-battlefront-alpha-details-and-videos-leak-all-over-the-internet/

Anyway, to register for it, you need to go here right: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/alpha right ?

Does the ones who pre-order the game have more chances to test the game in different phases?

Pastry

Banned
I hope there are a ton of cards and ways to customize your secondary hand.

Any word on superficial unlocks? Stuff like armor, alien species, camo paints, etc?

Looks great! I'm holding out on the preorder but it looks like great Star Wars fun. I kinda don't like how everyone is using the jump pack though. I hope there are enough gadgets to warrant the use of others.

I know it is an alpha, but the videos here were confusing beacsue they said it is beta: http://www.pcgamer.com/star-wars-battlefront-alpha-details-and-videos-leak-all-over-the-internet/

Anyway, to register for it, you need to go here right: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/alpha right ?

Does the ones who pre-order the game have more chances to test the game in different phases?

No, they said the name of the site is "All Games Beta".

I'm pretty sure registrations closed......ages ago.

Nothing else after this alpha has been mentioned. If it does I am sure you'll hear about it.

RulkezX

I hope there are a ton of cards and ways to customize your secondary hand.

Any word on superficial unlocks? Stuff like armor, alien species, camo paints, etc?

Not sure tbh, you get awarded credits after the rounds or when you level up ( can't remember which , but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to spend them in the Alpha

No.

It is a Closed Alpha, no sign-ups, random selection, email invite only.

Their is no Beta confirmed and pre-ordering doesn't get you access to any test phase of any sort.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
People need to bear in mind they have already warned us the alpha runs like ass and to expect flaky servers.

The BF4/Hardline Alpha's were also missing geometry and textures so people should reign in expectations not freak out when the game runs and looks terrible.

Minimum specs are

• Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 or AMD Radeon HD 7970 with 2 GB of Video Memory[/B]

I need to throw my 650ti in the trash at this point.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
It kinda irritates me that they didn't just make this Star Wars Battlefield.

I mean, where is conquest large? Why no titan mode (would be perfect for this game)? What are these stupid power ups on the map, I don't remember those in the previous games?

Why are they re-inventing the wheel when the wheel (BF4) is the best multiplayer shooter out on consoles right now?All they had to do was skin BF4, create SW maps and alter the mechanics some and they would have had a legit incredible game.

Hell they could have even made up new weapons and attachments and included an xp system.

Right now it looks like the game has around 6 weapons (not including launchers), no classes, 2 person squads, no commander mode, 40 players(WHY?!?!) and great graphics.

Is this ultra casual Battlefield really worth $60?

I really hope BF5 doesn't go this route...

I mean, where is conquest large? Why no titan mode (would be perfect for this game)? What are these stupid power ups on the map, I don't remember those in the previous games?

Why are they re-inventing the wheel when the wheel (BF4) is the best multiplayer shooter out on consoles right now?All they had to do was skin BF4, create SW maps and alter the mechanics some and they would have had a legit incredible game.

Hell they could have even made up new weapons and attachments and included an xp system.

Right now it looks like the game has around 6 weapons (not including launchers), no classes, 2 person squads, no commander mode, 40 players(WHY?!?!) and great graphics.

This Alpha doesnt have all the weapons etc...

And its GOOD that the game is different.

ANd there is an progression system.

GavinUK86

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or trolling...

This is literally only one mode of the game, dude. There is more than one mode. You'd have to be an idiot to think Conquest isn't in the game.

Angel_DvA

Well the game is ok so far but i won't buy it for sure, feel already repetitive as hell, playing the Alpha and beta will do it for me, they are better game to comes out later this year, I'm sure Star Wars lover will enjoy it though.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
I'm not sure if this is sarcasm or trolling...

I am 100% serious. I wanted SW Battlefield, the more I see of the game the more I realize its something completely different. Outside of third person it doesn't seem to have similar mechanics to Battlefront either, at least from what I remember from them on PC.

Pastry

Banned

I don't mind the fact that the game is different, it looks really fun.

But... BF4 is my favorite shooter of all time (I still play it a couple of hours a week) and a SW version of it with some changes here and there would be orgasmic.

Top Bottom