• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Alpha leaks

Taishan

Banned
http://www98.zippyshare.com/v/xXIiAeXn/file.html
http://www98.zippyshare.com/v/y7PtKfa7/file.html

rmnOayatWJOJ.gif

Nemic77

Looks great!

Cannot believe so many people are uploading and/or streaming without blurring their usernames. Hope they enjoy their first and only day of Alpha testing.

FeD.nL

Well after the negativity I must say it looks fun!

Was never expecting it going the route of X-wing vs. Tie Fighter but this seems to scratch the Rogue Squadron itch.

Impulsor

No, and there won't be any. At least at launch.

There won't be any in the final game.

You'll probably be waiting for DLC for that, sadly.

There won't be any space content in battlefront. At least not in the base game.

I hope it gets added. Wasn't there a space map in battlefront 2, where the bases where on a capital ship and there was a big ship in the middle of the map too?

People could get into the ships and stay in space dogfighting or land inside the other big ship and duke it out in there.

I remember there was even flags/zones to take inside that ship.

killercow

I hope it gets added. Wasn't there a space map in battlefront 2, where the bases where on a capital ship and there was a big ship in the middle of the map too?

People could get into the ships and stay in space dogfighting or land inside the other big ship and duke it out in there.

I remember there was even flags/zones to take inside that ship.

There were multiple maps in SPace in BF2. It was one of the major innovation of the sequel.

Gameplay at 1080p/60fps on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOi_16HcpQc

RulkezX

This is so good , so sooooooooo good.

performance is excellent as well. I'm sitting at 80ish fps with a 2500k @ 4.4 ghz and a 7970 Ghz Edition @ 1080p with everything on high

Tadie

This is so good , so sooooooooo good.

performance is excellent as well. I'm sitting at 80ish fps with a 2500k @ 4.4 ghz and a 7970 Ghz Edition @ 1080p with everything on high

Is there an option for ultra settings?

What are your frames on ultra? :)

RulkezX

Is there an option for ultra settings?

What are your frames on ultra? :)

Just tested :

It sits around 60 90% of the time with soe dips into the low 50's .

It runs great on Ultra tbh, I've been in the X-Wing and right under the AT-AT fighting and the frame rate barely fluctuates.

The map seems to be snipers paradise^^

No sniper rifles, despite what GAF decided previously, it's really not BF4 with a SW skin.

Kane1345

Just tested :

It runs great on Ultra tbh, I've been in the X-Wing and right under the AT-AT fighting and the frame rate barely fluctuates.

That's great news about performance. Frostbite 3 seems to perform really well

Tadie

Just tested :

Great!

Thank you....maybe I don´t need to upgrade. I have a GTX 680 :)

xBladeM6x

Here's to hoping it's well optimized at launch, on all maps, and not just some.
I'm looking at you, Battlefield 4.

I don't quite understand how these people are being able to play it already?

The alpha hasn't started and doesn't the game immediately try to connect to EA's servers?

I am confused.

Mob_zter

Neo Member
Its very debatable. Skyrim sold well over 20 million copies. Fallout mightn't match that but it will have mad sales. BF3 would have to be one of the best-selling games of all time to beat it.

No way it sells better than fallout4.

Of course it will outsell Fallout 4. Thats not even debatable.

Battlefront will Destroy everything in sales. I really dont think even COD BO3 got a chance this year.

WarpathDC

Curious to see the reports from gtx 970 owners. Hardline perfomance was a bit disappointing on ultra considering I got excellent performance on BF4 when using a much weaker r9 270x. BF loves AMD cards though.

I hope it is well optimized, so hyped.

Helznicht

Curious to see the reports from gtx 970 owners. Hardline perfomance was a bit disappointing on ultra considering I got excellent performance on BF4 when using a much weaker r9 270x. BF loves AMD cards though.

I hope it is well optimized, so hyped.

Me too. If this runs and looks great on a 970/I5 rig I will be buying my first game off Origin.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Hope some decent play gets leaked. Everything I've been able to see from this alpha or e3s gameplay looked really dull from a gaming perspective. I want to believe it's because the players weren't so great and no one knows what to do.

Top Bottom