• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I've got an excruciating hemorrhoid on my bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has never happened to me. I'm fit. I eat healthy. I exercise. I don't know what I did to deserve this, but it's kind of making me want to die.

It's like, swollen, and on the outside. It isn't red (looked in a mirror) and it isn't bleeding but I might have to call off work if it doesn't get better as I can barely move around for the pain.

How long does it take for this to go away? Would ice help? If it bursts do I have to go to the ER? Help me I'm scared and ouch.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
200px-Marvin_Grossberg.png

The Lamp

My GI doctor said there's two major types of hemorrhoids, the ones that hurt (usually on the outside) and the ones that bleed (usually on the inside).

Just use some Preparation H until it goes away. That stuff is great.

If it doesn't get better see a doctor. If it is a lot of bleeding go to the ER.

Astra

That sounds more appealing than you probably intended for it to sound. I'm about to take a vicoden and some icy hot brb

Don't put icy hot on it, damn.

You just gotta suffer it out. Take pain meds, keep it clean. Soak in the tub a few times a day, clean thoroughly after each bowel movement and use some prep H to help with the itching. If it bursts, you'll ruin some underwear, but that's about it.

Just ride it out and it'll be over in a week or two.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Having one really really sucks, especially when it's bad enough to hurt when you sneeze. Have had only one, it took a few weeks to go away. There are some lotions you can use from the farmacy. You'll want to avoid consipation, and do NOT ever push on the shitter. If your face goes red you are shitting wrong. Low carb combined with leg curl machine got me mine, never again.

Don't put icy hot on it, damn.

You just gotta suffer it out. Take pain meds, keep it clean. Soak in the tub a few times a day, clean thoroughly after each bowel movement and use some prep H to help with the itching. If it bursts, you'll ruin some underwear, but that's about it.

Just ride it out and it'll be over in a week or two.

Kidding about the icy hot.

A week or two is too long. This is debilitating. :(

Having one really really sucks, especially when it's bad enough to hurt when you sneeze. Have had only one, it took a few weeks to go away. There are some lotions you can use from the farmacy. You'll want to avoid consipation, and do NOT ever push on the shitter. If your face goes red you are shitting wrong. Low carb combined with leg curl machine got me mine, never again.
It's agony when I cough or sneeze.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
This has never happened to me. I'm fit. I eat healthy. I exercise. I don't know what I did to deserve this, but it's kind of making me want to die.

It's like, swollen, and on the outside. It isn't red (looked in a mirror) and it isn't bleeding but I might have to call off work if it doesn't get better as I can barely move around for the pain.

How long does it take for this to go away? Would ice help? If it bursts do I have to go to the ER? Help me I'm scared and ouch.

I got it before. Haven't had in in a couple of years though. Not sure what caused it tbh. It is not a big deal. I believe it is caused by inflamed blood vessels.

Depending on the severity it can take 1-2 weeks to recover. In the meantime, just make sure not to irritate it and wash the area to keep it clean.

Oh yea, the doctor will give you medicine to stick up your butt. A necessary evil.

chrislowe

Perfect thread to read when eating breakfast :-/
You should see a doctor to go to the buttom of the problem.
There are some things you can buy at medical stores aswell, but always good to see a doctor. Some of these things can come when you have lots of stress in life or maybe need to change your lifestyle or they will come back.

Yeah. Its not fun. When going to bed,sleep on your stomach with a pillow under your waist to keep your bum elevated. Anusol is a good hemmy cream. Eat lots of raw veggies and fruit, get a lot of fibre in ya. Don't squeeze your sphincter. Spend as little time on the toilet as possible, don't strain when you poop. If youre feeling frisky, stick a peeled clove of garlic just inside your bum overnight. Good luck. I just got over mine.
If you can, try pushing the hemmy back up your butt. It helps
Drink tons of water.

Mohonky

Just stick your finger in there and give it a massage.

But seriously it'll just go away on its own, had them twice now, poor eating / pooping habits. I've never thought of them as painful though, more just oddly uncomfortable.

FZZ

Banned
Hmm we can't be sure how severe it is until we see pics ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

You're going to be fine, just eat more food high in fiber and don't stay on the toilet too long.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
I got one for the first time on my holiday in Japan... laid on my belly half the holiday, spent nights trying to find creams in the unhelpful drug stores there, then to top it off I had to take a 9 hour economy flight back home, with a change over flight, not fun!

Hot baths, ibuprofen and ointments helped. took almost a month to be able to sit right.

Actually alcohol helped me forget the pain, but you can't be drunk all the time.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Sometimes I get these poops that are hard as a rock with sharp rock outcroppings that tear my butthole to shreds and then I look down and the water is deep red from all the blood. Then the blood stops after a day or two, and then like 9 months later i get another huge, hard, sharp poopoo that cuts me up again. I wonder if I have an inner hemorrhoid and the sharp boulders are cutting up the hemorrhoid? When the sharp it slicing my insides as it moves sometimes the pain is so intense I feel like I could pass out, like I start sweating really hard, and my thoughts become irrational and repetitive, my vision starts turning overly white tinged like somebody turned up the exposure too high, and I have involuntary tremors.

Do inner hemorrhoids go away on their own or is it something that needs to be surgically removed?

This doesn't sound like a hemmerhoid. Those are a little inside. Could be anal thrombosis or in worst case an abscess. If it's the later it will pop eventualy and you will be left with an anal fistula that will require surgery. I would suggest getting it checked by a doctor if the pain is so bad you can't go to work.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I know my pilonidal cyst caused extreme pain. I've never heard of hemorrhoids cause that much pain so much as discomfort.

Obviously I'd say go to a doctor, but this is NeoGAF so I'm sure you'll be fine.

noquarter

Yeah. Its not fun. When going to bed,sleep on your stomach with a pillow under your waist to keep your bum elevated. Anusol is a good hemmy cream. Eat lots of raw veggies and fruit, get a lot of fibre in ya. Don't squeeze your sphincter. Spend as little time on the toilet as possible, don't strain when you poop. If youre feeling frisky, stick a peeled clove of garlic just inside your bum overnight. Good luck. I just got over mine.
If you can, try pushing the hemmy back up your butt. It helps
Drink tons of water.

Don't know if it is right or not, but it feels good to push it back up in there. Relieves the burn for a bit.

And Prep H, I prefer the wipes since it is a lot easier to do, so you can take them to work with you.

Been awhile since I had one. Not really fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom