• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Racism in Tennis and advertising - Back of the "bus" for Serena!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will save the day as usual:
ehqClvR.jpg

If Serena was white Sharapova wouldn't even be in this photoshoot.

It's pretty damning when the unarguably better player plays second fiddle to the person she beat 17 times in a row for a photoshoot/advertisement campaign.

oti

Banned
I was wondering why Sharapova is in the front and Serena in the back, I don't know if it's racist though.

Sorry OP, Graf da best playa 4evah.

Ledhead

You can't be serious. Even if we are following your train of thought, she is the middle of the group, not the back

Slayven

It is suspect that the most dominant player int he sport is not front and center.

It is like dirk nowitzki being infront of lebron James

Isn't this the same picture talked about just yesterday, where it was mentioned that all of the athletes pictured rotated around positions several times during the shoot?

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Ridiculous. Why have this train of thought? You must have a terrible time in life searching for anything any everything to call racist.

Derpcrawler

Relax, they rotated few times for different shots. This is the fine example of the outrage culture in full swing and creating controversy where there is none.

I swear, Gaf sometimes looks like a caricature of this way of thought.

Mael

You can barely see Williams,
why is Bouchard getting in the way of McEnroe?
If all the shoots were taken this way I can see how there could be a problem.

oti

Banned
Isn't it sad how there's no competitive American male player around these days so they had to call up Agassi and Sampras?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom