• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXT Takeover Brooklyn |OT| No Hugs Till Brooklyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
That feel when Boma Ye is the only protected move in the business.

First match in the upper roster, someone will kick out of it.

Oh shit, hope Joe's ok.

Edit: Missed that first kick out, no respect these days.

There's a few moves that haven't been kicked out of in WWE. Neville's Red Arrow for example.

Awwwww rats, I was really behind Joey Samoey for this one.

Send him straight up to the main event on the main roster, have him crush Dean"oodles of noodles" Ambrose or something.

Actually have Dog Ziggles somehow win tomorrow only for Joe to stomp in on smackdown and squash him in like 15 seconds for the title, yeeeessss, that will be lovely.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
He really kicked Joe's face in... Just sets things up even more for the rematch

Nak's finisher always looks like he legits strikes them, even back in NJPW, it always kinda baffled me.

imBask

Banned
so, does that mean we have to start complaining about Nakamura being a "dangerous worker" now or is this hypocrisy only valid for Seth Rollins?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
So Cein/Roode was the only meh match. I don't think anyone had any expectations for Ember Moon/Billie Kaye and it wasn't terrible.

Adree

Either way, excellent show. They should start doing Summerslam on Saturday and let the Takeovers be the main event.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I just watched Takeover. Now I will watch (the rest of) UFC 202.

At work.

My job is alright sometimes :3

dream

You missed how Joe got the budget entrance, then...

I thought that too initially. But then I realized that while Nakamura has a badass violinist playing a badass entrance for him, this is just another match for Joe, which makes Joe's entrance the most subtly badass entrance ever if you put it in context.

Tall4Life

Show was real good altogether. I thought Nak/Joe was actually one of the weaker matches of the night.... still like, 3.75/5. The match until the near end was just not terribly exciting. Revival/Garchomp was MOTN.

dream

Also, let's not freak out about Joe. A broken jaw is a fair price to pay for a match that believably fantastic. I'm sure he'll hate drinking Boosts for the next 3 months, but knowing Joe as I do--and I do know Joe well--I bet he feels like it was worth it.

I thought that too initially. But then I realized that while Nakamura has a badass violinist playing a badass entrance for him, this is just another match for Joe, which makes Joe's entrance the most subtly badass entrance ever if you put it in context.

Yeah, Joe does a really good job of being a badass without doing a lot of chest-puffing.

I very much like how Joe controlled the entire match then Nak took advantage when he slipped on his ass. Joe's extended stay in TNA is such a dark mark on his career given that he's been a consistently amazing performer and has actually been treated like one in the promotions he's been working with outside of it.

It's so good. Roodes music is the catchiest but Naks is the best by far.

Roooooo's music is a shitty meme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom