• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXT Takeover: Chicago |OT| We Are Awesome! We Are Awesome!

Also they aren't going main roster literally anytime soon.

They can easily reunite in a year or so and go up as a team together...

Btw was there no one in the crowd for a crowd debut or did I miss it?

I could also see next Takeover being Roode vs. Roddy because apparently everyone internally loved the reaction to those Roddy profile videos on NXT.

Nope.

Ithil

Sometimes no one is ready for the sitting in crowd shot. Their recent big signings are too recent, they're not gonna actually be on TV for months yet.

Pikma

Banned

No new signees, they're too scared of Sinclair, it seems.

Brinbe

Reading up on things, seems like I gotta definitely check out the UK Champ match. And that Gargano/Ciampa feud is gonna be nothing short of amazing.

Otherwise, can't wait till they build up more formidable comp for Asuka and Bobbeh

Sometimes no one is ready for the sitting in crowd shot. Their recent big signings are too recent, they're not gonna actually be on TV for months yet.

No I know but it's their go to thing and I stepped out for a bit between matches so was just checking if I missed it.

The shot of Johnny desperately crawling into Ciampa's lap after the knee strike was so well done. I legit choked up at that spot... Johnny did such an amazing job of selling that spot. Even though Ciampa just took his head off, he still wanted to embrace him. Masterful.

Interested to see what they will actually do for the DIY feud.

Easiest thing would be to play Ciampa as seeing Gargano as the weak link and his close friendship made him overlook it for so long. Have Regal book them in a best of 5 series or something after Ciampa refuses to apologize and reunite the team. Have Gargano win to prove to Ciampa he has what it takes so they get the band back together for one last title run in NXT. Then to 205 Live I guess :/

Otherwise the whole point of NXT is to make stars so put them out in the deep end hoping they get over as fuck as singles so they can be superstars on the main roster. Make Gargano lovable as fuck while Ciampa is brutal. Sink or swim. If they sink send them to the jobber pile.

The shot of Johnny desperately crawling into Ciampa's lap after the knee strike was so well done. I legit choked up at that spot... Johnny did such an amazing job of selling that spot. Even though Ciampa just took his head off, he still wanted to embrace him. Masterful.

The only thing that would have made it better was Nancy Kerrigan-esque cries of "why.... why...."

And it's actual heel heat and not "we really really want you to go the fuck away forever" heat.

Heat is heat, brother

RpKnzYq.gif

Nekofrog

Banned
i know the logical thing is the turn that they did, but i was hoping that gargano would be the one to turn heel.

tbh, i thought it'd be great if DIY won the titles, and then there was a turn. feuding tag team champions is always fun.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
One of the best Takeovers in a while! The whole DIY angle is masterful, some of the best acted stuff Ive ever seen in wrestling, just awesome. Really cool to see a tag team match main event

Really happy for the UK title as well. The rest of the card was highly enjoyable.

Strong vs Young: ***
Bate vs Dunne: ****1/4
Asuka vs Riot vs Cross: ***
Roode vs Itami: ***1/2
Authors of Pain vs DIY: ****1/4

I thought the UK title match was the best match. Good show though.

Hasney

Man, it's been a while since I gave a shit about a tag team break up. I wanted them to shake hands and go their separate ways as a twist, or have Johnny turn heel. But the shots of Johnny looking so betrayed and Ciampa sitting there were so damn perfect that even though it was obvious and safe, it was still perfect.

FUCK YOU, CIAMPA, YOU SON OF A BITCH. GARGANO TOOK A LADDER FOR YOU, YOU PIECE OF SHIT.

God, their match in Brooklyn is going to be the fucking shit. I'm hopeful, considering bigger stage and bigger crowd, it'll easily top their CWC match. This will be money af!

Side note: if Big Dave doesn't give Dunne-Bate five stars, there is something wrong with the world. Outside the triple threat tag match between AOP, The Revival and DIY (FUCK YOU, CIAMP---sorry) at NXT Takeover Orlando, this may have been my MOTY.

FUCK YOU, CIAMPA, YOU SON OF A BITCH. GARGANO TOOK A LADDER FOR YOU, YOU PIECE OF SHIT.

God, their match in Brooklyn is going to be the fucking shit. I'm hopeful, considering bigger stage and bigger crowd, it'll easily top their CWC match. This will be money af!

Side note: if Big Dave doesn't give Dunne-Bate five stars, there is something wrong with the world. Outside the triple threat tag match between AOP, The Revival and DIY (FUCK YOU, CIAMP---sorry) at NXT Takeover Orlando, this may have been my MOTY.

Yeah, their CWC match was amazing, and that was without something like last nights beatdown to build up on.

I missed the beat down due to the copyright fake out. Hah!

Dunne vs Bate was utterly amazing.

Trojan X

Banned
The uk championship match was excellent! Enjoyed every minute of it.

Asuka's bout was good but i am disappointed with Ruby Riot. I was hoping for her to be much stronger, faster vicious, a risk taker and more experienced in the ring but Asuka and co far out shorn her. I think it was a good thing they let ember moon out from this bout as it woupd be over kill and its better to build the fued for a singles rematch.

AoP vs DIY.. aw-inspiring as the uk match. Thank goodness i watched it to the very end for the beatdown was sad as fuck!! The brotherly love between those guys is strong... it was so sad! Damn.

I loved this show. Again, expect the main roster to fall short here and there in comparison even though i am amp for AJ Styles. Oh yeah!! AJ!! Damn you. Because you took so long, your Spinal Tap finisher has been taken. Damn. I really wanted AJ to bust that move as his PPV finisher. Please use it as the finisher on Shinsuke!

Top Bottom