• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXT Takeover: San Antonio |OT| Glorious Rumble

Status
Not open for further replies.

NastyBook

G ORIOUS!
KuGsj.gif

ElRenoRaven

I don't think Nak will show up tomorrow. I think they'll probably sell the injury for a bit. Then he'll appear on Raw in a couple months.

Don't think it necessarily means Nak is coming up. They could use this 'injury' to buy them more time with a Nak-Roode feud and some time till they have to call him up.

Joe's def debuting tomorrow though. Zero doubt.

Good on Roode though. They've booked him perfectly as opportunistic 80s Flair.

Pretty much. Roode being built as the 80s classic heel mega star like Ric Flair is one of the most enjoyable things about NXT thus far.

ngower

I don't think Nak will show up tomorrow. I think they'll probably sell the injury for a bit. Then he'll appear on Raw in a couple months.

I think Joe is in the Rumble tomorrow and goes to Smackdown then Nakamura follows him there. Can feud with AJ too. RAW is already an over-full roster full of people they don't know what to do with.

Ithil

Joe is clearly done in NXT, they made that obvious tonight. Nakamura probably has a little longer, he'll likely have a non-main event match at the WM Takeover then come up.

pbayne

Decent show overall. Women's match was the only stinker for me.

Happy for Roode. He is Triple H-alt in many ways so i think he'll do well.
Strong and Almas great, knocked lumps out of each other. Crowd was dead and kind of killed it though.
Tag was good. I like my burly hosses and DIY are fantastic.

I think Joe is in the Rumble tomorrow and goes to Smackdown then Nakamura follows him there. Can feud with AJ too. RAW is already an over-full roster full of people they don't know what to do with.
But Raw is still Vince's baby he's no doubt put the best talent on Raw.

Hell he couldn't even resist stealing Undertaker from SD for some part timer Rumble hype.

Brinbe

Nakamura has Raw written all over him. His attire, his entrance. All that Red. He's gonna get the Raw treatment. But Joe's gonna head to Smackdown, if only because they can reprise Joe-AJ down the line and he fills a real need for a top guy.

I'm guessing they have Nakamura want one more shot, gives him chances to be 3-time NXT champion, doesn't win, goes up RAW after Mania giving him the biggest possible boost with the crowd in attendance basically yelling his entrance theme.

EDIT: So what earvcunanan said. Great minds etc.

ElRenoRaven

True I should have said Raw or Smackdown. Smackdown would be the better fit though no doubt. He could have some great feuds there.

The finish to the womens match almost ruined it.

The finish to the women's match worked great. It may have come too early, but the logistics of it made sense.

Cross was Asuka's biggest threat, and she was taken out. Then Asuka had to get in a rapid flurry of offense to overcome the numbers advantage.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Btw Nak takes those glorious ddts like a champ

I'm guessing they have Nakamura want one more shot, gives him chances to be 3-time NXT champion, doesn't win, goes up RAW after Mania giving him the biggest possible boost with the crowd in attendance basically yelling his entrance theme.

Yep. That post-mania crowd will be flames for Nakamura.

Nakamura has Raw written all over him. But Joe's gonna head to Smackdown, if only because they can reprise Joe-AJ down the line.

I think it'd be better/funnier if they completely wipe out any history they had at TNA and just play it off like this is the first time they've ever faced each other before.

It would make sense for Both Nak and Joe to end up on Smackdown giving them the star power they need, but we all know Vince will put one on SD and one on RAW.

ElRenoRaven

The finish to the women's match worked great. It may have come too early, but the logistics of it made sense.

Cross was Asuka's biggest threat, and she was taken out. Then Asuka had to get in a rapid flurry of offense to overcome the numbers advantage.

Exactly. Match was short and 2 out of the 4 competitors weren't great but the match worked well for what it was. I certainly expected it to be a lot worse then it was.

orioto

Good Art™
I wasn't expecting anything from this takeover but hey, it was pretty pretty good.

It's amazing they've been protecting Nakamura sooo much the sky has to literally fall on his head for him to to lose a match.

Ithil

I wish the women's match had been longer, but they put together a fun match. Peyton/Billie are really not ready, but as far as dipping their toes in the water of a main event match, they were used right.

Cross is great, slots right into that spot easily.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Takeovers usually have amazing undercards and then main events that maybe aren't quite as amazing as you might have hoped. This one was kind of the opposite, though. An undercard that wasn't really much better than it looked on paper (not bad, mind you, just pretty weak compared to some past events), but a main event that absolutely gloriously delivered.

Nakamura seems like he's destined for Raw After Wrestlemania. Samoa Joe HAS to be in the Rumble tomorrow night. I would love to see Tye Dillinger in the Rumble too (obviously as entrant #10), but I can't imagine they'll actually do that.

Brinbe

I think it'd be better/funnier if they completely wipe out any history they had at TNA and just play it off like this is the first time they've ever faced each other before.

Yeah, I doubt they'd ever acknowledge TNA, but they'll just say they have a past history and leave it at that. But the Dixie/lolTNA jokes would write themselves at least.

Anyway, with their big two guys in Joe/Nak headed out the door in the next few months, it'll be interesting to see what happens in NXT. Lots of room for guys (and gals) to try their best to stand out and grab that brass ring as they like to say.

Kaladin

Aside from the women's match that was a good Takeover. Best I've seen from most of the undercard. AOP were great tonight. Roderick Strong was good too. Roode put in a great championship performance. Can't wait for the next one.

Foggy

How?

How could that be a letdown I mean each to their own but I can't fathom it.

It's a letdown because of how good Nak can be and this was just a standard match. It was serviceable but not much more.

Whatever NXT used to have, it seems like it's long gone. These Takeovers don't do much for me anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom