• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXT Takeover: San Antonio |OT| Glorious Rumble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Takeovers usually have amazing undercards and then main events that maybe aren't quite as amazing as you might have hoped. This one was kind of the opposite, though. An undercard that wasn't really much better than it looked on paper (not bad, mind you, just pretty weak compared to some past events), but a main event that absolutely gloriously delivered.

Nakamura seems like he's destined for Raw After Wrestlemania. Samoa Joe HAS to be in the Rumble tomorrow night. I would love to see Tye Dillinger in the Rumble too (obviously as entrant #10), but I can't imagine they'll actually do that.

I think it's totally possible Dillinger is in the Rumble. His whole story has been that he can't seem to put it together, so a storyline of him entering the Rumble, doing really well, then getting signed by Shane or Bryan would work with what he's done so far.

I thought it was good but out of this world ,Naw.

Disagree. It had everything. Selling. A finisher that meant something, that you jad to avoid not just kick out. Incredible storytelling and a fantastic finish

I thought it was just a show, outside of the main event which was good, bit disappointing.

The main event was disappointing or the whole event?

Because this event was supposed to be shit and it definitely wasn't shit

ReiGun

It would make sense for Both Nak and Joe to end up on Smackdown giving them the star power they need, but we all know Vince will put one on SD and one on RAW.

I do wonder why Vince so strongly prefers Raw to Smackdown. One would think it would be in his best interest to make both of his products as strong as possible.

But then, I don't understand anything about how Vince runs the WWE.

Ithil

I do wonder why Vince so strongly prefers Raw to Smackdown. One would think it would be in his best interest to make both of his products as strong as possible.

But then, I don't understand anything about how Vince runs the WWE.

It's his "primetime" show, so he will always view it as the A show.

Heroman

Banned
Disagree. It had everything. Selling. A finisher that meant something, that you jad to avoid not just kick out. Incredible storytelling and a fantastic finish

The main event was disappointing or the whole event?

Because this event was supposed to be shit and it definitely wasn't shit
Main event, At a time I consider nak to be the best wrestler in the world but while the match was great it isn't the same nak I fell in love with.

It's a letdown because of how good Nak can be and this was just a standard match. It was serviceable but not much more.

Whatever NXT used to have, it seems like it's long gone. These Takeovers don't do much for me anymore.

This was definitely not a standard match lol.

Honest question if that was ho hum to you... why still watch? Like clearly I feel like, and no offense, nothing is going to satisfy you if all that match can do is make you go meh.

Don't worry guys I fixed it

C3TvsXeXAAIFuRT.jpg

Foggy

This was definitely not a standard match lol.

Honest question if that was ho hum to you... why still watch? Like clearly I feel like, and no offense, nothing is going to satisfy you if all that match can do is make you go meh.

At this point with NXT, I am actually just about done unless the next event has Hero in it then I'll be curious to see how he translates. But I am at the point where I will probably stop watching them. I have cut back on watching WWE dramatically, but I'll still see Royal Rumble and Survivor Series because they're sentimental favorites. I stuck with NXT because they still used to put on some of the most reliably excellent cards. Either I've changed or the events have gotten worse. Regardless, I am just about done.

There is plenty of wrestling that does satisfy me, but NXT isn't even doing it for me much which bums me out. Contrary to some opinions, it's not about being miserable or contrarian or whatever else. It's just a different way of looking at wrestling.

I can see Nikki vs Ember vs Asuka for the next Takeover. They've teased the Nikki-Asuka match too much and Ember Moon badly needs to be in the title scene.

ShadyK54

Damn, my voice is going to hoarse in the morning. Had a lot of fun in the Freeman, loved the crowd energy as well.

I was surprised I liked just about every match on the card. For sure thought there was going to be a couple bores at the start.

Now it's time to recharge & prep for the Alamodome.

You know what happened to the L? Nakamura took it. HEEEEYOOOOO!!!!!

On a different note, why the hell do they do this Triple H interview on Facebook where its horribly compressed and constantly buffering, instead of just playing it on the Network?

Damn, my voice is going to hoarse in the morning. Had a lot of fun in the Freeman, loved the crowd energy as well.

I was surprised I liked just about every match on the card. For sure thought there was going to be a couple bores at the start.

Now it's time to recharge & prep for the Alamodome.

Jealous that main event must have been killer live

I think the Nakamura injury was done to the degree that it was specifically so that people don't speculate about him in the Rumble.

Also this happened tonight:

OuKv3dI.jpg

Ithil

In hindsight, they should never have done the two title changes between Joe and Nakamura. Nakamura should have just had an uninterrupted run from August til this show.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
My wife consistently refers to Paul Ellering as "Stone Cold's Dad."

Jerm411

Great show but did they really need to have Rollins/HHH angle be a part of this show....??

It took me completely out of it esp. when Phillips and Graves were continuing to talk about it when the women's 4-way was about to begin.

Just keep the products separate...beyond that I really enjoyed it. Almas is so much better as a heel, hopefully he continues to mold that character and Roddy is Roddy...should be next up for Roode IMO. The tag match was better than I expected, was waiting for Ciampa to turn on Gargano post match, was surprised when it didn't happen.

janoDX

Great show but did they really need to have Rollins/HHH angle be a part of this show....??

Seth has been teasing that he will search for Hunter and he wants the match. HHH saying "careful what you wish for..." and screwing Seth of the Rumble. It makes sense that Seth is looking for HHH on his "Safe Heaven".

Pikma

Banned

It took me completely out of it esp. when Phillips and Graves were continuing to talk about it when the women's 4-way was about to begin.

Just keep the products separate...beyond that I really enjoyed it. Almas is so much better as a heel, hopefully he continues to mold that character and Roddy is Roddy...should be next up for Roode IMO. The tag match was better than I expected, was waiting for Ciampa to turn on Gargano post match, was surprised when it didn't happen.
That's a money main event feud waiting to happen, they won't blow it just like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom