• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXT TakeOver: The End [OT] My Only Friend, The End...

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Aries/Nak America didn't do much for me. Enjoyed Asuka/Jax the most, I think. It was alright. Not a bad night. Glad it was 2 hours. If it was 3 with that same match...yeah. I'm good with a 2 hour "fine" show.

UberTag

Felt the same way about Balor/Owens....

I feel like it's just a Balor thing.
I don't even recall anyone getting too worked up about his Prince Devitt matches in NJPW.
Apart from his entrances. Those were great. And original. And not the same damn thing every time.

Still a good show but it was the worst Takeover by far. I feel a lot of the matches suffered from one opponent under-performing in some regard with Joe, Nakamura, Asuka and Tye putting on great shows whist Finn Aries, Jax and Cien were lacking in certain regards. Jax has made leaps and bound with her in ring work but her heel charisma's still lacking for a PPV match. The tag match was by far the best match of the night.

I think The End referred to "good Takeovers."

Yeah, the reason they used The End for the title was terrible.

Asuka-Smile.gif

........................Yes!

Thank you wrassle gods!

I know sooner or later she's going have to lose I just hope it's a long ways off.

UberTag

Still a good show but it was the worst Takeover by far. I feel a lot of the matches suffered from one opponent under-performing in some regard with Joe, Nakamura, Asuka and Tye putting on great shows whist Finn Aries, Jax and Cien were lacking in certain regards. Jax has made leaps and bound with her in ring work but her heel charisma's still lacking for a PPV match. The tag match was by far the best match of the night.
No lies detected with this assessment.
Gets the WrassleGAF stamp of approval.

Another good TakeOver show. Man, I gotta admit that I had my doubts about Nia Jax when she first came to NXT. But she did good in her match Asuka. Nia's really been showing improvement. Looking forward to seeing if she can reach that Awesome Kong, Aja Kong, Bull Nakano level.

I'm pretty surprised that I'm in the minority, but I thought the show was great. The opener was fine and mainly just a showcase for Almas. The tag match was really great, easily the best match of the night. Aries/Nakamura started slow but picked up and was really hot by the time it was over. Asuka/Jax was better than I expected. Not great by any means, but good. And the main event was really good and had great intensity.

I liked the show a lot. Sad to see most didn't though.

somedevil

I'm pretty surprised that I'm in the minority, but I thought the show was great. The opener was fine and mainly just a showcase for Almas. The tag match was really great, easily the best match of the night. Aries/Nakamura started slow but picked up and was really hot by the time it was over. Asuka/Jax was better than I expected. Not great by any means, but good. And the main event was really good and had great intensity.

I liked the show a lot. Sad to see most didn't though.

I enjoyed the show a lot too. Its not the worst takeover as some here say.

UberTag

He worked with Seth helping him recover and he talked very highly of Dillinger.
That's the right kind of friend you want to make in the company.
Hopefully it takes Tye further than training The Rock helped out Curt Hawkins.

HHH putting every over.
He's like the anti-Stephanie McMahon.

I love this candied interview with HHH on the roster and the show.
This is the same Triple H that shows up on media conference calls. Very candid and very gracious.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So we can safely say Balor is just going to the main roster after that European tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom