• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXT Takeover: Brooklyn III |OT| The Eclipse Comes Early

Well I mean that's not a meaningful comparison. G1 nights are meant to be one or two match cards

We wanna compare PPV vs PPV... Dominion destroys this show.

Doesn't matter though this was still a great show.

See, I disagree there too. Dominion's top three matches were better IMO, but Dominion as a whole was not as consistently entertaining to me as tonight's show.

This show was a tighter package and for that I liked it more.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't want to call it the best ever but it definitely hit the notes it needed to hit.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Drew is a future WWE Champion he looks incredible. Just on looks alone. The fact he can work is great.

See, I disagree there too. Dominion's top three matches were better IMO, but Dominion as a whole wasn't not as consistently entertaining to me as tonight's show.

This show was a tighter package and for that I liked it more.

Dominion was literally one of the greatest events ever period so couldn't disagree more.

Wasnt there also word that Dalton Castle didnt resign with ROH?

I try not to compare WWE shows to NJPW shows. Different strokes for different folks.

His appeal is his natural mannerisms and charisma. He has a great look and mind. He knows how to do serious and Comedy. He's worked with Mike Bennet and Maria Kannellis as the Kingdom; With Kevin Owen and Roderick Strong as part of Mount Rushmore in PWG. And of course, he is Bullet Club Alumni

Is there any video of him being charismatic.

He looks like HBK a bit.

Actually, forget Adam Cole, he seems made.

It's his two jobber friends that make the stable look weak. Are they any good? because they look Sing Bros tier

Dominion was literally one of the greatest events ever period so couldn't disagree more.

The top three were three of the best matches I've seen in a long time.

But I'm just judging the show as a whole and I think it suffers from a good but not great undercard and the fact that it was like five hours long.

But we can disagree. That's okay. 👍🏻

Angry Grimace

Comparing some WWE event to a NJPW is only designed to cause strife so let's not

The top three were three of the best matches I've seen in a long time.

But I'm just judging the show as a whole and I think it suffers from a good but not great undercard and the fact that it was like five hours long.

But we can disagree. That's okay. 👍🏻

Disagree it's not okay ;P

One thing is for sure

We just have to stop saying 'the card looks meh' & 'the weekly shows have been meh' for NXT, it's the same cycle every fucking time for like 2 years now. They always deliver.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I dont even see the point of comparing wwe (even nxt) to njpw but whatever.

I thought it was a fantastic Takeover, doubly so because the card, on paper, was one of the weaker ones. Which reminds me, we really need to, collectively, stop going "meh not looking forward to this Takeover, card does nothing for me" as they have proven time and time again that cards dont matter, they always deliever.

When is the next one, Survivor Series weekend in November?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

I just prefer the WWE's style of production, so when they put on a show that good, I'm likely to like it more than most anything else.

Like I would sooner recommend this as a whole show to someone than Dominion. But I would sooner tell someone to watch Dominion's top three (Okada/Omega, Tanahashi/Naito, and Takahashi/Kushida) than this show. So it's a weird balance.

Ultimately I can see why that would make me crazy, but I can't change how I feel. lol

Angry Grimace

They aren't bringing Cole to NXT for no reason. I think they want Roode on the main roster after his rematch on some random NXT episode.

I'd say the entire card was a 4*. Was awesome despite having no expectations but guess what? You should expect TakeOver's to be good at this point because all of them have been good.

ReiGun

So with Takeover finished, who y'all got getting called up next week? Angle and Daniel being there basically confirmed we'll be seeing some folks.

Itami is a lock, I believe; probably for the CW division. Hoping Smackdown gets the Iconic Duo if they go up. If Asuka is leaving, she's headed to Raw.

His Bollywood Boyz, sure. But he said in a Jericho interview that he hated working in 3MB. :(

fwiw i don't remember him saying he disliked working with Heath or Drew, just the stable idea in general. So maybe there's still hope...

We can dream.

Shame for Heath. He's always been a little better than the comedy jobber role. Not main event level, obviously, but he could be a solid midcard guy.

Pikma

Banned
Do you then add Patrick Clark since he's Lio Rush tag team partner for a while?
Patrick Clark is a very weird experiment and I have no idea what the plans could be for him.
One thing is for sure

We just have to stop saying 'the card looks meh' & 'the weekly shows have been meh' for NXT, it's the same cycle every fucking time for like 2 years now. They always deliver.
They had some pretty forgettable TakeOver shows late last year though

Drew is a future WWE Champion he looks incredible. Just on looks alone. The fact he can work is great.

He's a very weird face though. Like, he was totally out-loved by Roode and the crowd didn't care for his win.

Boy does he need his theme back. I don't think anyone except Black could get the crowd to turn on Roode.

He got a raw deal in his first run due to Tiffany. Happy he's getting a second chance.

Ridiculous that they hurt him for that.

They aren't bringing Cole to NXT for no reason. I think they want Roode on the main roster after his rematch on some random NXT episode.

I'd say the entire card was a 4*. Was awesome despite having no expectations but guess what? You should expect TakeOver's to be good at this point because all of them have been good.

I think he double duties and does the job to Strong before going full time on Main roster.

Or jobs to Strong and them goes up.

Top Bottom