• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NXT Takeover: Chicago |OT| We Are Awesome! We Are Awesome!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
now kyle oreilly is my best friend
Alright, Data West has been incredibly toxic tonight, even more so than usual

Zach, it was you who pissed him off?

whats toxic about saying splitting up a proper tag team is a really bad idea when you already have an anemic tag team division?

WWE breaking up tag teams for a dumb one month storyline that goes nowhere when they already have a very shallow tag team division as it is?

Never.

To be fair, if Vince wasn't ever going to call them up as a team, then this is the right move. Their feud is gonna be super hot with the NXT audience and It'll be it'll be a long one (probably until Survivor Series Takeover)

*thinks of how great the match will be between them*

sPpov.gif

*thinks of how the break up means they'll likely be called up as single competitors and will end up doing nothing on the main roster*

giphy.gif

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
That was one of the most savage betrayals of all time

Foggy

Heel turns never really make much sense in the first place. Ciampa just going through the babyface motions for like 5 minutes before waiting for the logo to appear and THEN he turns heel. It's fake y'all. It's wrasslin. Sometimes you just gotta roll with the bullshit.

Ultratech

They lost again, they were going nowhere as a team, Johnny ate all the pins in previous matches, Ciampa had enough.

Makes perfect sense story wise.

Pretty much.

And given how close they were, they can probably make a good feud from this.

(After that is another story...)

*thinks of how great the match will be between them*

sPpov.gif

*thinks of how the break up means they'll likely be called up as single competitors and will end up doing nothing on the main roster*

giphy.gif

It'll be an awesome feud on 205 live at least, especially when that crazy Brian Kendrick gets involved. (Just kill me now)

Bronx-Man

Banned
So I'm guessing the card for Brooklyn III is

Roode vs McIntyre
Asuka vs Ember Moon (Extreme rules maybe? Steel cage?)
AOP vs Heavy Machinery
Ciampa vs Gargano

Plus y'know, Ohno, Black, Strong, etc

Wait guys nxt takeover Brooklyn tickets aren't yet up for sale? I already bought Summerslam and Smackdown tickets. Do they always start sale of NXT tickets late?

The most important thing to take away from tonight is that the UK is clearly superior to the US.

Otherwise Ciampa is a heel who you can build a brand around unlike Ruuuuuu who's a heel because he has a super over theme, overcomes injuries to win matchs, but I guess he's kind of a jerk?

Syder

I kind of feel justified not watching NXT week-to-week and only watching TakeOvers.

Only Bate/Dunne and AoP/DIY met/exceeded expectations tonight for me.

Pikma

Banned
DIY was always a placeholder tag team, both Ciampa and Gargano have said it, Johnny even said he preferred working singles but was happy to continue for as long as they were asked to just because of how over they were together.

send them to the main roster. lack of tag teams isnt an nxt exclusive problem

Would you rather a hot feud with a great matches or DIY dying on the main roster tag division?

Look what happened to American Alpha

Main Roster has tag teams. Main Roster just doesn't really care about tag teams.

Top Bottom